GR Yaris Service plan and price increases

I forgot to add MOTs to mine, but when I called to check, MOTs are half price if you have a service plan, which is handy.
 
Sorted mine just now with the dealer. Went for the maximum of 10 services, which for me covers 5 years @12K miles a year. £400+ discount (which seems to be the same for most), and the prices locked in at the current price, with the safety checks included (but FOC as they will happen with my services).
A big thanks kinboshi for starting this thread!

It kickstarted me to get a plan to lock the price and get a discount as well.

Price rise or not I'm happy.😁👍
 
The 'safety checks' are optional "Additional Services", as shown when you take out a service plan. I personally won't be going to the unnecessary added hassle and expense.
 
Glad I locked the old prices in last week - still seem like very excessive price increases, despite current inflation. Has anyone noticed other manufacturers increasing service pricing?
Not at this rate increase (very excessive) but someone on the FB group mentioned that Toyota were bringing all GR cars in line for servicing.

It will be interesting to see what price GR86 services are.
 
Not at this rate increase (very excessive) but someone on the FB group mentioned that Toyota were bringing all GR cars in line for servicing.

It will be interesting to see what price GR86 services are.
All GR models priced the same
Screenshot_20220806-075031_Samsung Internet.webp
 
I wonder what gets replaced in a 200 quid electric b service.
 
Worth remembering that each service also tops up your warranty (if you are in the UK) once the original 3 or 5 year warranty has ended - I'm sure some of the cost is paying for that.
 
Worth remembering that each service also tops up your warranty (if you are in the UK) once the original 3 or 5 year warranty has ended - I'm sure some of the cost is paying for that.
It's a bit of forward thinking but if you get your car serviced just before it is 10 years old it will still get the Toyota Relax warranty added for a whole year.

So effectively it remains under warranty until it's nearly 11 years old.
 
Its a brand new design for a performance car. We have no idea what issues may come to light in that 10 years of use. Whatever they are, they will be expensive to put right so I see the price at £300 & £450 for a service and an extra one years peace of mind.
I have never paid for extra years warranty on cars either with the manufacturer or other companies but I be it isn't cheap to extend a cars warranty another 7 years from 3 to 10 so if you think of it as say £100 added to the service cost for the warranty then it makes sense Toyota have done it and that seems cheap for an extra year to me.

Other car manufacturers won't have gone up as much as they are probably not throwing in an extra years warranty.
Pitty they didn't add in the break down cover in wth that price then it would have been a good bundle to pay for - Service, warranty and breakdown.
 
Another advantage of a service plan is that you can cancel whenever you like.
And it could be a selling point if you decide to move the car on.
I believe you can transfer it to the new owner who takes over the payments on the same terms.
 
Another advantage of a service plan is that you can cancel whenever you like.
And it could be a selling point if you decide to move the car on.
I believe you can transfer it to the new owner who takes over the payments on the same terms.
Yes, you can cancel or transfer at any point.
 
Another prespective on this is what I found when looking at possibly trading my Seat Mii for the new Sandero Stepway and their prices.
They, like Toyota now offer 3 years warranty.
The fourth years warranty casts £150
Two extra years is £275
Three years (all 60k) is £400
so, for me that would add about £133 per service for numbers 4 to 6 years.
Toyota offer warranty to 10 years.
How much do we think years 7 to 10 would cost with Dacia or any other make - if they even offer it?
I have come to the conclusion that Toyota have added on about £100 to each service or even more and built it into the service cost.
If they have the 7 extra years of full warranty for about £700 if bought as a block seems reasonably good to me. £100 a year!
I have a 3 year plan and next may will be its second so I will be asking if I can set up a 7 year service plan paid monthly starting after my third service or even overlapping the remaining part of my existing plan. Do it before next August price rises but I think the big rises were this year and won't be as big in future.
Yes £300 and £450 seems a lot of money but if they include the amout that other manufacturers charge seperately then they are reasonable.
Just my thoughts on it.
 
Back
Top