GR Yaris Service plan and price increases

I like my fixed price plan. It's cheap, I get a dealer stamp, I keep the warranty in tact and they pick up, wash the car and drop it back off. All for £25 amonth.

You might think people like me don't know anything about cars but ultimately none of it matters.

Enjoy life however it suits you.
 
It’s a fixed price for whichever class of service it is.

The work they do is itemised on the invoice and in the service book whether it’s on a plan or not

Not many dealers are going to vary from the price set by the manufacturer.

If you can get the dealer to use your own oil these days it’s a rarity never mind anything else. 2 out of the 3 I tried wouldn’t have it.

This is my point. The same class can vary more than 200% on the price of parts and time used. For years 1, 2, 3 you are paying £390 for an oil change and a check over.

A dealer will always quote you for work. Asking for them to change your oil and check your prop shaft is no different than going in and asking how much is it to fit new pads or change tyres or fix a broken wing mirror. Just this over simplification of big and small has sucked everyone in to paying more than the dealer labour and parts prices. Simple as that.

As the dealers still don't have the grade of oil stated on the schedule or on the cap then a simple conversation should get over that issue tbh.

I know loads have bought plans because they are pushed pretty hard so don't like the reality of how it works but it's just an alternative view of how to go about something. I know at least 15 people who save money on every service by doing it the 'old fashioned' way before cars became expensive iphones on lease deals.
 
Last edited:
This is my point. The same class can vary more than 200% on the price of parts and time used. For years 1, 2, 3 you are paying £390 for an oil change and a check over.

What I'm paying for is surety with the warranty.

On my motorbikes I've saved thousands by servicing and even rebuilding them myself. I know what I'm doing, I know the used value will not be harmed by having the servicing done by myself and I know that I can fix them if they go wrong.

The cars are a bit different; some totally home serviced, some part home serviced and some dealer serviced.

The dealer serviced ones are the ones that are technologically complex, fixing them is beyond me and there is a warranty to be maintained. I've had manufacturers (VAG and PSA so far) be very tricky when it comes to warranty work, so with the complexity and cost of repair of the Yaris, I'm paying more than is justifiable for the service work being done to ensure that Toyota have no wiggle room should anything go wrong.
 
I am not sure you can do that. I have a three year plan worked out at 4000 miles a year and was told the main service is in May (bought in May 21) and safety in November. Did this in my first year - two visits. My next scheduled visit is again in Nov for that fairly pointless check as I do so few miles up to others. Interesthed to see if you are correct as the safety shouldn't be paid for if done at same time as main - but that only works if you do 12000 a year and have a main service every 6 month - not sure though!
Agree & when buying the plan it gives you the choice of opting out of the safety check - I get mine in the annual service and that's enough to keep the warranty valid
 
What I'm paying for is surety with the warranty.

On my motorbikes I've saved thousands by servicing and even rebuilding them myself. I know what I'm doing, I know the used value will not be harmed by having the servicing done by myself and I know that I can fix them if they go wrong.

The cars are a bit different; some totally home serviced, some part home serviced and some dealer serviced.

The dealer serviced ones are the ones that are technologically complex, fixing them is beyond me and there is a warranty to be maintained. I've had manufacturers (VAG and PSA so far) be very tricky when it comes to warranty work, so with the complexity and cost of repair of the Yaris, I'm paying more than is justifiable for the service work being done to ensure that Toyota have no wiggle room should anything go wrong.

We may have crossed wires. Warranty is important to me too, one of the main reasons I got it as my car is mainly used on track. All of my services have been at a Toyota main dealer by a GR trained master tech. I'm not advocating avoiding Toyota at all, I've enjoyed dealing with them more than most over the years, just offering a view of how to get the same stuff for less money.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Gyp
Not currently on a service plan but have just booked mine in for the 6000 intermediate and was quoted £220 - which is the 'new price' since the middle of July.

I happened to check MyT over the weekend which is quoting £190 for the intermediate, so the dealer has agreed to go with the MyT price which continues to show £190 today. o_O
 
Not currently on a service plan but have just booked mine in for the 6000 intermediate and was quoted £220 - which is the 'new price' since the middle of July.

I happened to check MyT over the weekend which is quoting £190 for the intermediate, so the dealer has agreed to go with the MyT price which continues to show £190 today. o_O
Strange - there was talk of intermediate service going up to £300? Or is that from august?
 
Strange - there was talk of intermediate service going up to £300? Or is that from august?
Unsure, I'll find out more on Friday if I can. Not sure how much they charge for Oil, as I supply my own so could be originally £300 - £80 = £220.
If that's the case, then I'm happy to pay £110 on Friday...
 
Unsure, I'll find out more on Friday if I can. Not sure how much they charge for Oil, as I supply my own so could be originally £300 - £80 = £220.
If that's the case, then I'm happy to pay £110 on Friday...
I provided the oil, filter and washer and paid £90 (pre price rise) for intermediate service in June
 
£300 for an intermediate service. f**k a duck. That’s an oil change and new air filter.

Looks they’re trying to recoup the zero profit they made on building them!

(I’m going to keep peddling that ‘lie’ just to wind people up)
It's actually ony an oil hanger and oil fiter
 
Not currently on a service plan but have just booked mine in for the 6000 intermediate and was quoted £220 - which is the 'new price' since the middle of July.

I happened to check MyT over the weekend which is quoting £190 for the intermediate, so the dealer has agreed to go with the MyT price which continues to show £190 today. o_O
@gr-fun, my dealer (Listers Group) tried that for my 6k service - said it was £220 initially but I was also asking to bring my own oil (which they were fine about) so the price came down to £160 which I went with. It was only when I got the invoice that I realised the higher price was because they added in their 'extras' - engine flush and injector cleaner! So although I made a saving through the oil, those extras were still included. I wasn't bothered enough to argue at the time but definitely one to watch in future and clarify with them before the service.
 
I've asked this earlier, but is there any official info that the prices are going up to £300 for the intermediate service?

It seems a massive increase (81%) from the £165 quoted when the GR first came out (less than 2 years ago).

As previously mentioned, I've booked a Service for September £190.
 
I just wish I could get a service plan lined up for a car that's not yet built :LOL:
 
To late price plan has closed even though price is not effective until 1st August.
Also only 3 year plan max not 5.
 
To late price plan has closed even though price is not effective until 1st August.
Also only 3 year plan max not 5.

I organised a quote earlier which is valid for 7 days and have just completed the order online in the last 10 mins.

service-plan.webp
 
Vertu in Chesterfield, it's an Emac plan. Don't know if it's transferable between dealers or not but I do have a copy of the T&C's, I'll have a read later.
Who set it up for you at Chesterfield?
I tried at Vertu Leicester and Emac wouldn't allow a discount to be applied, even though there was an option for it on the screen.
 
Back
Top