GR Yaris Service plan and price increases

Just done mine, quite nice to have the money sorted in advance tbh. Here’s my 10k annual mileage quote, not bothering with the safety checks:
1A585B3E-2E9B-4D7C-B188-558CBB8CC92B.webp


4E2B94C3-96EA-46A5-839A-28AED2EB3E89.webp
 
It’s so annoying. I do my own oil changes, always have done (I’m one of those weirdos who enjoys getting hot oil down my arm and swearing at the last c£&t who tightened the oil filter to 500Nm). But I need the service history plus all the other essential checks that I’m sure they do.

I’m not from Yorkshire but it boils my piss paying hundreds of pounds for something I can do for free, and enjoy doing.

And £75 for a sodding safety check! I can buy a small basket of food in M&S for that. 🤬
Yep I’m the same

I’ve had a quote for a service plan

Can delete the safety checks if required I suppose but will it make a difference to warranty? No one seems to know for sure

Also I like to provide my own oil so I know what’s going in so in / minds whether to get the plan and lock the price in or just pay as I go and provide my own oil
 
Just done mine, quite nice to have the money sorted in advance tbh. Here’s my 10k annual mileage quote, not bothering with the safety checks:
View attachment 6457

View attachment 6458
My quote was £1090 for 2x full service and 1x intermediate with 3x additional health checks

I’d be happy to bin the health checks if I knew it didn’t effect the warranty
 
My quote was £1090 for 2x full service and 1x intermediate with 3x additional health checks

I’d be happy to bin the health checks if I knew it didn’t effect the warranty
RRG Macclesfield told me that I didn’t need them for warranty when I was last in. That’s good enough for me 👍
 
What happens with the car if it's sold before the end of the period? I guess it's transferrable to the new owner but what happens about payment?
 
I would think you cancel the plan and get any money you are owed back.
 
What happens with the car if it's sold before the end of the period? I guess it's transferrable to the new owner but what happens about payment?
I asked that today - apparently it can be transferred to another car or any balance refunded
 
Like I said wasn't meaning to offend, nothing personal I just don't trust social media as a reliable info source but that's just my cynical asshole opinion :LOL:🤷‍♂️ , but if its from multiple people confirming and not just one then fair.

guess I'll have to call the dealer I just went to for a service, and see if they can discount the service prices for a plan if I bring my own oil 🤔
Not offended, just bemused.

What platforms/sources do you use for new information?
 
OK, looking at signing up via the Toyota website.

I pick a plan (can only see a maximum of 3 years - are there 5 year plans available?), and it doesn't lock me into a specific dealer, as I can go to the MyT app and select the dealer for an upcoming service and it shows as £0.00 if I indicate I have a service plan in place. One of the reasons I didn't sign up for the service plan from the off was that I was under the impression that it's with a specific dealer and couldn't be transferred. Is there a different deal you can get with dealers directly?
 
OK, looking at signing up via the Toyota website.

I pick a plan (can only see a maximum of 3 years - are there 5 year plans available?), and it doesn't lock me into a specific dealer, as I can go to the MyT app and select the dealer for an upcoming service and it shows as £0.00 if I indicate I have a service plan in place. One of the reasons I didn't sign up for the service plan from the off was that I was under the impression that it's with a specific dealer and couldn't be transferred. Is there a different deal you can get with dealers directly?
I asked my dealer and they told me the prices were the same as direct with Toyota and that if I bought one direct, it could be used at the dealership. I think the only benefit to buying from a dealer is that you can pay for it in one hit (mine gave me 2 quotes; one pay monthly and 1 pay in one go), I don't think that's an option if you buy directly from Toyota (edited to say the quote I have says you can: **The service plan could be paid in full by a single BACS direct debit payment.
 
Last edited:
OK, looking at signing up via the Toyota website.

I pick a plan (can only see a maximum of 3 years - are there 5 year plans available?), and it doesn't lock me into a specific dealer, as I can go to the MyT app and select the dealer for an upcoming service and it shows as £0.00 if I indicate I have a service plan in place. One of the reasons I didn't sign up for the service plan from the off was that I was under the impression that it's with a specific dealer and couldn't be transferred. Is there a different deal you can get with dealers directly?
I looked at the Toyota website, called the dealer directly and also the dealer service call centre and all were the same price only difference was the deposit/monthly payment breakdown

Toyota website seems to have it spread over a much longer time

All seem to provided by emac

Going with stoneacre gave 10% discount on parts and a £300 voucher towards a new car and free puncture repairs
 
Is they an official Toyota link to info on this price increase? - sounds excessive!

I booked an annual Service recently for September and the price quoted was £190 (exactly as I would expect)
 
Is they an official Toyota link to info on this price increase? - sounds excessive!

I booked an annual Service recently for September and the price quoted was £190 (exactly as I would expect)
Think it will be reflected on the website 1st Aug.
 
The Toyota plan is provided by edynamix

The dealers plan is provided by emac

Both are the same price but different monthly payment breakdown


I’ve read the T&C’s but can’t see - with the Toyota deal can you use any toyot dealer or are you tied to one dealer?



One quote I got generated an email with wearside stratstone (which I don’t use, I use Durham). Don’t know how the quote came up with that as it didn’t ask me for a preference.

The 2nd quote where I changed some Details was generated with just Toyota GB
 
Working on the basis that Toyota service prices are unlikely to go down, I signed up directly with Toyota. Simply spreading the cost and hedging against price increases.
 
Working on the basis that Toyota service prices are unlikely to go down, I signed up directly with Toyota. Simply spreading the cost and hedging against price increases.
And that lets you use any dealer?


I’ve went ahead with the Toyota online 3yr plan. 2x full and 1x intermediate service £940
 
Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can extend a 2 year plan to a 3 year one?
 
Does anyone know if you can extend a 2 year plan to a 3 year one?
With it being fully refundable if you want to cancel, I wouldn’t be surprised if it can be done by cancelling and then taking out a 3 year one?
 
Back
Top