GR Yaris Service plan and price increases

Not to offend, but I'm doubtful of anything where facebook is the source, deleted mine years ago though so maybe it's a place full of reputable knowledge now 🤔😆 doubtful though,

That's quite a hike in prices though if true
 
Quite likely to be accurate given that most things are seeing price rises right now.
 
Just as well I got a service plan a couple of months ago, that's a steep increase. It might be worth getting one before the price goes up?
 
Seems to have been confirmed by multiple people who work from Toyota on there.

Service plan can be sorted online if you do want to lock in the price before the end of the month.


Going to give RRG Macc a call in the morning and sort one, in case they benefit from the sale of a service plan. Otherwise will do it online.
 
Bought me be online last year in anticipation of the rises. Got a check up and a full service left.

24 quid a month so 576 over 2 years which seems a bargain now. Get on it people.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MrJ
Yeah I got a price in Toyota website but removed the additional MOTs and health checks

I’ll ring stoneacre Durham and see what they can offer but think I might get a plan. I think the dealers plans are transferable too
 
My car is not now being delivered until August - guess I’m screwed then! Depending on when in August I might ask them to hold until 1 September so guess I can’t go for a service plan without a reg?!
 
Not to offend, but I'm doubtful of anything where facebook is the source, deleted mine years ago though so maybe it's a place full of reputable knowledge now 🤔😆 doubtful though,

That's quite a hike in prices though if true
Facebook is a platform, so is twitter, so are forums like this. The information is as reliable as the source - which isn't the platform, but he person sharing the information.

If the same person had posted the information on here, would that make it any more or less valid?
 
Although he made a mistake with the current price of a full service. That's £375, not £340.
 
A question for people who have a service plan. It's there any easy you can supply your own oil, as you've already paid for it in the plan? 🤔
 
Bought me be online last year in anticipation of the rises. Got a check up and a full service left.

24 quid a month so 576 over 2 years which seems a bargain now. Get on it people.
it’s a huge bargain even now it’s basically double that!
 
In doing 12k miles a year, so one intermediate age one full service a year (with the safety checks FOC of course).

The plan would cost the following over 3 years:

Screenshot_20220721_234043.jpg


Instead of £2,250 over three years at the quoted new prices.

So a £565 difference!
 
Seems to have been confirmed by multiple people who work from Toyota on there.

Service plan can be sorted online if you do want to lock in the price before the end of the month.


Going to give RRG Macc a call in the morning and sort one, in case they benefit from the sale of a service plan. Otherwise will do it online.

Facebook is a platform, so is twitter, so are forums like this. The information is as reliable as the source - which isn't the platform, but he person sharing the information.

If the same person had posted the information on here, would that make it any more or less valid?
Like I said wasn't meaning to offend, nothing personal I just don't trust social media as a reliable info source but that's just my cynical asshole opinion :LOL:🤷‍♂️ , but if its from multiple people confirming and not just one then fair.

guess I'll have to call the dealer I just went to for a service, and see if they can discount the service prices for a plan if I bring my own oil 🤔
 
Just checking... the service plan doesn't give a discount as such, just hedges against future price rises?

Regards use... if I do more miles than expected does the plan simply finish earlier?

And if I do fewer miles, are those services etc "banked" or lost at the end of the period?
 
Just checking... the service plan doesn't give a discount as such, just hedges against future price rises?

Regards use... if I do more miles than expected does the plan simply finish earlier?

And if I do fewer miles, are those services etc "banked" or lost at the end of the period?
It’s not discounted it’s just a fixed price so beats the price increase

If you do fewer miles the service would still be due each year as it’s whatever comes first (miles or 12m)
 
£300 for an intermediate service. f**k a duck. That’s an oil change and new air filter.

Looks they’re trying to recoup the zero profit they made on building them!

(I’m going to keep peddling that ‘lie’ just to wind people up)
 
£300 for an intermediate service. f**k a duck. That’s an oil change and new air filter.

Looks they’re trying to recoup the zero profit they made on building them!

(I’m going to keep peddling that ‘lie’ just to wind people up)
Even worse value if you don’t have the original intake fitted! 😆
 
£300 for an intermediate service. f**k a duck. That’s an oil change and new air filter.

Looks they’re trying to recoup the zero profit they made on building them!

(I’m going to keep peddling that ‘lie’ just to wind people up)
Air filter isn’t changed till yr 4 I think

It’s £300 for an oil change

I don’t think even the cabin filter is changed till year 2!
 
It’s so annoying. I do my own oil changes, always have done (I’m one of those weirdos who enjoys getting hot oil down my arm and swearing at the last c£&t who tightened the oil filter to 500Nm). But I need the service history plus all the other essential checks that I’m sure they do.

I’m not from Yorkshire but it boils my piss paying hundreds of pounds for something I can do for free, and enjoy doing.

And £75 for a sodding safety check! I can buy a small basket of food in M&S for that. 🤬
 
Back
Top