GR86 Service due email.. after just 5 months?

kalniel

Obsessed member
Joined
Jul 9, 2023
Messages
204
Reaction score
266
Anyone else get this? Or is it TOL being their usual 'organised' selves?
 
It gets better - following the link (which was genuine) which told me to use either a form or live chat - the live chat button is broken, and attempting to fill in a form (to see what they'd say) results in a website error saying my dealer (GR specialist, where I bought the car) doesn't do servicing.
 
In the summer I got an email and phone call saying my 6 monthly inspection was due. I told them that applies to the GR Yaris and not the GR86.

Come to think of it I should have directed them to the forum, they could learn alot about the car they sell on here :rolleyes:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: AWB
If they want to inspect for free/included in service plan then they're welcome to :p
 
I’ve had one myself this morning for my GR86 registered in September ‘23. Once again TOL demonstrate their impeccable product knowledge… 🤣
 
I got a email for service when the car was 20 weeks old.

The GR Yaris needs a 6 month 1st service, and the dealer clowns have added your (and mine) GR86 to the wrong service diary d’base👍
 
Just go from 12 months from the first reg date. They can’t argue with that.
 
attempting to fill in a form (to see what they'd say) results in a website error saying my dealer (GR specialist, where I bought the car) doesn't do servicing.
Same result when I tried to make a booking both via the Web and the MyT app. All of the dealers in Scotland, when tried one after the other, came back with a 'No Service Available for your vehicle' message. What a farce! It's now off to an independant 'jdm' specialist in a couple of weeks.
 
I had the same message about a six monthly service in the summer. Queried it when booking in, and got a call later to say they’d honour the appointment and do a complimentary ‘summer check’ instead, which was apparently part of the 5 year service plan I’d signed up to.
 
I had the same message about a six monthly service in the summer. Queried it when booking in, and got a call later to say they’d honour the appointment and do a complimentary ‘summer check’ instead, which was apparently part of the 5 year service plan I’d signed up to.
Interesting. I hadn't realised such summer/winter/health checks were not available for free - I've been spoiled by previous manufacturer who provided a free health check whenever you wanted - I used to use it before long journeys.. and occasionally when I wanted a free car valet since that was included!
 
From Steven Eagell:

Apologies, the service reminder date has been entered incorrectly. I have updated this now so you will receive a reminder when the service is actually due.
 
Weird, I've not received an service email or letter and it's due this month. I've signed up to the service plan too.

I'll give them a call tomorrow to book it in. Although massively reluctant after Banjo's experience with Gatwick.
 
Back
Top