GR Yaris Ooooo! An update!

corroded

Totally Hooked
Dec 23, 2021
So after 16 months of waiting , finally pick up my GRY tomorrow. Already posted pics earlier in this thread so won’t bore you with more ! 😏

Pleased for you, I just still don't get how this works... admittedly, they say reds seem to show up sooner, but mine is still stuck in build, despite orders 4 days ahead of mine being picked up, and orders made after mine with the same spec already being shipped.

It's possible I guess my car is already on a ship, but at this stage, who knows.

Fizzio

Dedicated member
Dec 17, 2021
West Sussex
Pleased for you, I just still don't get how this works... admittedly, they say reds seem to show up sooner, but mine is still stuck in build, despite orders 4 days ahead of mine being picked up, and orders made after mine with the same spec already being shipped.

It's possible I guess my car is already on a ship, but at this stage, who knows.
Thanks. I agree with you , don’t understand the ordering , build process . On my certificate of conformity , build date say 17th June , yet apparently went into build on 4th May . I think I ordered 6 days approx before you. Yours must be on the way soon

Fizzio

Dedicated member
Dec 17, 2021
West Sussex
His and hers Yaris ! Apologies for the bin making the picture !
5B1E9F3C-7D68-4295-8D79-1327BCC5D347.jpeg

Fizzio

Dedicated member
Dec 17, 2021
West Sussex
Soooo good in red! One of the main reasons I am holding off cancelling and just getting a used one..
Hang in there. It’s worth waiting for , especially to get it brand new at list price. The red is so deep but when the sun hits it , it really sparkles…. Ohh and it drives ok 😏!!

• Haha
Reactions: jToy and Sly

corroded

Totally Hooked
Dec 23, 2021
Part of me really regrets not getting the red... it's the one I test drove... erm, numerous times

Maybe if they drop in price in future I'll get a red one....

Hahaha, likely story.

Fizzio

Dedicated member
Dec 17, 2021
West Sussex
Picked up the car last Friday and it’s just a joyous thing to drive , even though I’m only 150 miles in and running it sensibly , varying the revs etc. one thing I noticed is that the piped engine sound sounds deeper , more gutteral than I remember from the test drive , which was more high pitched. Maybe they’ve changed it ?

Fizzio

Dedicated member
Dec 17, 2021
West Sussex
After a bit of advice. So tried to fit the Automotive passion front arch guards , the top screw fit nicely but can not seem to get the bottom 2 pop rivets to go in fully , so the arch guard is loose . Any suggestions welcome , as it’s annoying not being able to fit them.

Gerard Harris

Feb 17, 2022
🇬🇧
Day 11 here of “Left The Factory”. Send in Gregg Wallace to speed things up. “That’s amazing…!” as he picks up a spanner.