GR Yaris Ooooo! An update!

Sly

Devoted member
Jun 23, 2022
JW9 order placed end of April still no update in dev tools so suspect it will be end of Oct or Nov for a car to turn up.
I have a JW3 that was ordered early June '21. I wonder if the JW is the time of the order and the number is related to region etc..

gr-fun

Zookeeper
Staff member
Dec 6, 2021
Cheshire
I have a JW3 that was ordered early June '21. I wonder if the JW is the time of the order and the number is related to region etc..

I've always looked at orders like this (all guesswork) and only applies to dealer orders if you have an order number in the following format: JX1234

JW - production quarter or period
Digit 3 - Indication of where you are in the production schedule so a JW0*** would be at the start and a JW9*** towards the end
Final 3 digits run number for that build week/month

Historically production is approx 800 vehicles per month.

Once JW is completed it'll then go on to JX, JY, JZ, KA, KB or whatever Toyota choose.

My first car was a JM0 and I remember being annoyed I wasn't a JL order. :ROFLMAO:

NickS

Absorbed member
Jun 8, 2022
Surrey, England
My JW1 has an ETA of 1st November now :(
Mine is showing 11th October on Dev Tools :( but David from Inchcape left a voicemail message the other day to reconfirm that it was still on track for delivery to them on 29th August :) If the App updates on arrival in UK, a seems to be the case with others, l should know which one is correct in the next week or so.

Update: At lunchtime the App updated to show that the car has left the factory. ETA date on Dev Tools has come forward to 30th September and l now have a VIN. Does anyone have an idea as to how long after the VIN shows, one can add the car to the MyT app?

Last edited:
Reactions: Scapegoat3

Fizzio

Dedicated member
Dec 17, 2021
West Sussex
Mine is showing 11th October on Dev Tools :( but David from Inchcape left a voicemail message the other day to reconfirm that it was still on track for delivery to them on 29th August :) If the App updates on arrival in UK, a seems to be the case with others, l should know which one is correct in the next week or so.

Update: At lunchtime the App updated to show that the car has left the factory. ETA date on Dev Tools has come forward to 30th September and l now have a VIN. Does anyone have an idea as to how long after the VIN shows, one can add the car to the MyT app?
You can add the VIN to MyT yourself . I did that once I saw it via the developer tools trick , and the car appeared once I had done it. Did it when it was still on the boat 👍

mjscall

Dedicated member
Dec 14, 2021
Dev tools still showing Null for me :(

Looking like December for mine at this rate, unless it happens to be one of the stealth ones that only update once they arrive at the dealer!

NickS

Absorbed member
Jun 8, 2022
Surrey, England
You can add the VIN to MyT yourself . I did that once I saw it via the developer tools trick , and the car appeared once I had done it. Did it when it was still on the boat 👍
Thanks. I have tried that. It may be too soon and perhaps the VIN hasn't been registered with the Toyota UK database just yet. I will keep on trying though. V exciting!

Reactions: Fizzio

simond39

Feb 24, 2022

My JW1*** order has changed status on MyT app to left factory (has been in build for about 5 weeks) and developer tools showing estimated delivery 30th Sep. Think it was 10th October before

Sly

Devoted member
Jun 23, 2022
My JW1*** order has changed status on MyT app to left factory (has been in build for about 5 weeks) and developer tools showing estimated delivery 30th Sep. Think it was 10th October before
Wish I could view my order on the MyT app!

Fizzio

Dedicated member
Dec 17, 2021
West Sussex
720B7747-9B09-4DF3-AA43-14D4435A3623.jpeg
3D7C6D0F-4804-46F8-AF72-6A1EAF48484D.jpeg

Went to see the car today . Fantastic - glad I went for red, pick it up next Friday 😀

Fizzio

Dedicated member
Dec 17, 2021
West Sussex
I do love the pure white that I've ordered, but the red always makes me question my decision.....
Agree. Spent a long time flip flopping between pure white , scarlet flare , then platinum pearl white , black was my least favourite .test drove a scarlet flare and went for that , plus the CEO said “ you can get one as long as it’s red “!

swistak

Feb 2, 2022
Where do you see this?

Perhaps wrong VIN entered?
It's on MyT - "purchased" tab . The app didn't work for me until the car ended up in "transit to dealer", so not sure if it's just a random string or they changed the code once it got there. I ordered directly from a dealer rather than online. Maybe they sold me what they ordered as demonstrator once they realised there won't be any more?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Sly