GR86 Have you had the call?

Have you had the call?


  • Total voters
    95
Still no call for me I'm starting to feel I've been forgotten 😭
Will give it until the 12 weeks are up from when that generic email was sent saying they will be in touch before I call them & probably ask for my deposit back, the car will need to be absolutely amazing to make this disorganized mess worthwhile & I'm not so sure it will be, I think Toyota have sucked every last bit of joy from the buying experience which means the car will need to be brilliant to compensate & because of that the slightest thing I don't like or any issues will be magnified and leave me thinking I waited how long for this............
 
Finally had my call, 10.44 order, no commitment over delivery.
I called a while ago regarding changing colour to pearl white (which wasn't possible at the time, although I'm not fussed now cause Sapphire blue is lovely) and they did my 'call' while they had me on the line - no dates, did ask about 2023, but he didn't confirm or deny it, said he wasn't sure
 
Received my call from Toyota yesterday. Maybe October, maybe 2023.
Very polite and kept apologising for lack of details. Am at ease now, not fussed if it arrives in 2023.
10.31 confirmation email.
 
Received my call from Toyota yesterday. Maybe October, maybe 2023.
Very polite and kept apologising for lack of details. Am at ease now, not fussed if it arrives in 2023.
10.31 confirmation email.

How did you get a maybe October with a 1031 order?

I'm 1030 and got told early to well into 2023
 
I missed a call about 2 weeks ago when I was working away and also didn't check my emails for a few days and they sent me one about the missed call. I called back on the following Monday morning, but called back before they were open and so heard the answer phone message which also mentioned about gr86 people should wait for a call, so hung up and didn't bother trying again later. Mainly due to being really busy at work and knowing from reading on here that no-one was getting a firm date anyway and so just thought the call would be a waste of time. I'm now thinking I might give them a try next week though. I'm a 10.24 order confirmation.
 
I missed a call about 2 weeks ago when I was working away and also didn't check my emails for a few days and they sent me one about the missed call. I called back on the following Monday morning, but called back before they were open and so heard the answer phone message which also mentioned about gr86 people should wait for a call, so hung up and didn't bother trying again later. Mainly due to being really busy at work and knowing from reading on here that no-one was getting a firm date anyway and so just thought the call would be a waste of time. I'm now thinking I might give them a try next week though. I'm a 10.24 order confirmation.
If they didn't get through to you, you should have got an email from them, asking you to call back. Then just ignore the automated message on the phone and tell them you're calling back.
 
I missed a call about 2 weeks ago when I was working away and also didn't check my emails for a few days and they sent me one about the missed call. I called back on the following Monday morning, but called back before they were open and so heard the answer phone message which also mentioned about gr86 people should wait for a call, so hung up and didn't bother trying again later. Mainly due to being really busy at work and knowing from reading on here that no-one was getting a firm date anyway and so just thought the call would be a waste of time. I'm now thinking I might give them a try next week though. I'm a 10.24 order confirmation.
I did the exact same thing, missed their call then saw the email about calling them back.. called them back and got that automated response. so I just ignored it and explained to the person who picked up that I had missed the original call, then they told me it will be 2023 for my 86. 🥲
 
Yep, I didn't get the chance today, but I'll make time tomorrow to call them.👍
Wish I hadn't bothered, as I was told late 2023. ☹

Although the lady that I spoke to was very polite and if I think positively, maybe she's been told to under promise and they will over deliver. 🤔

1658862098249.webp
 
Wish I hadn't bothered, as I was told late 2023. ☹

Although the lady that I spoke to was very polite and if I think positively, maybe she's been told to under promise and they will over deliver. 🤔

View attachment 6593
Late 2023 doesn't sound good what time was your order confirmed?
I only ask as mine was 10.28 & I've diddly squat from Toyota other than the generic emails, starting to lose hope ☹️
 
All they said to me was "2023“ and wouldn't narrow it down any further at all, which they are for others by the sound of it. In reality I'm expecting 2024, if ever. Novelty wore off weeks ago to be honest.
 
They've told me late 2023/early 2024 for my 11:21 order.
Crazy.

Whats the point in advertising the car anymore when they are not capable to roll them out? And Toyota is still planing to re-open the system for new orders? How they ever get this done?

Can´t understand Toyota with its GR brand anymore... it´s pointless
 
Back
Top