GR86 Have you had the call?

Have you had the call?


  • Total voters
    95
Just had my call, actually they had wrong phone number on the system and left me an email. Had to disregard an automated message about people with GR86 orders to wait for their call (lol, some of you have been harassing them, haven't you?) and got through.

No information about delivery dates, the guy explained to me that all the GR86 orders show up on their system as September but he know this is not correct. He also warned me to be prepared for 2023 delivery :cry:
Yep. The lady I had the call from said similar and actually added that there is a possibility it could even be 2024 as Toyota have not confirmed how many GR86s they intend to build in 2023 for U.K. orders.
 
Finally got my call. 10:17 order. No ETA. I did get an answer on one thing I haven't seen mentioned here. The 3 days complimentary insurance can be applied to another driver if you need someone to pick up the car for you.
 
i think you all will get your cars ;)

They have 2 years and 2 days from now to produce and ship them...
 
OIP.webp


Drum roll...


I've had my call!

Summary: Confirmed vehicle details (colour & gearbox). Asked me some questions about finance & PX. Confirmed supplying dealer details. Informed me of possible 'next year' delivery date. Asked me why I chose a GR86. Confirmed 3-day insurance. Asked if I was aware of the MyT app and if I had received my ORFCA number. Friendly, polite chap.

Now I need to update my profile picture.

I was a 10:17er.
 
View attachment 5845

Drum roll...


I've had my call!

Summary: Confirmed vehicle details (colour & gearbox). Asked me some questions about finance & PX. Confirmed supplying dealer details. Informed me of possible 'next year' delivery date. Asked me why I chose a GR86. Confirmed 3-day insurance. Asked if I was aware of the MyT app and if I had received my ORFCA number. Friendly, polite chap.

Now I need to update my profile picture.

I was a 10:17er.
Same here - just had my call and I was a 10:17er too! My conversation sounded similar to yours - I did try to push for a rough ETA but didnโ€™t get much back. I even said for me personally it didnโ€™t matter if it went into mid next year but would be good to get a rough idea - again not much back other than it could be next year but we will know more in the coming monthsโ€ฆ.
But regardless, it was nice to receive the call!!!!
 
10:17 Order
Call received from Toyota today (29/06).

I didnโ€™t get an estimate for deliveryโ€ฆ just a statement that it would probably be 2023.
 
10:18, had the call today. Best guess early next year for delivery, demo cars next month, only five in UK! They will tour the country and we will be able to book test drives.
Hmmm This is interesting, but at least this means that dealerships won't be getting a load of them and flipping them straight for profit.
 
Had my call today and confirmed all my details. I was a 10:19 order and guestimated delivery was early 2023.

One question i asked was "How many people were in front of me in the list?" - the answer was basically "I don't know" but the lady did say I was on page 3 of 8 of the order list.

To me, that sounds about right based on the delivery window and the likely number of vehicles.

She did also mention that there were only going to be 5 demo cars and so I requested a test drive when one is available. (The rest of the original demo allocation are destined to be redistributed to Customers.)

She did also say that the MyT app will send a notification when the Status changes, so I guess I should stop logging in every 5 minutes!

Hope that helps ๐Ÿ™‚
 
Had a call from Toyota ๐Ÿ‘ to say my test drive in the bZ4X had unfortunately been cancelled as the demo cars are grounded due to a recall , apparently it can unexpectedly turn into a Reliant Robin as one of the front wheels may drop off ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‚
 
Had a call from Toyota ๐Ÿ‘ to say my test drive in the bZ4X had unfortunately been cancelled as the demo cars are grounded due to a recall , apparently it can unexpectedly turn into a Reliant Robin as one of the front wheels may drop off ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‚
Bit of an aside, but how did Toyota come up with the bZ4X name? Does it mean something?

Is it random? Did they copy my attempt at texting after some pints of strong IPA?

(I know if could look it up but I'm lazy, and where's the fun in that?)
 
Bit of an aside, but how did Toyota come up with the bZ4X name? Does it mean something?

Is it random? Did they copy my attempt at texting after some pints of strong IPA?

(I know if could look it up but I'm lazy, and where's the fun in that?)

There is nothing wrong with some strong pints of IPA ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿ‘

b = Beyond
Z= Zero
4= 4
X = ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Basically about reducing emissions , apparently there will be a bZ1,2,3,4,5,6 etc starting with small and ending up with less small ๐Ÿค”
 
There is nothing wrong with some strong pints of IPA ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿ‘

b = Beyond
Z= Zero
4= 4
X = ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Basically about reducing emissions , apparently there will be a bZ1,2,3,4,5,6 etc starting with small and ending up with less small ๐Ÿค”
Got it I think, thanks! (y)
 
Had a call!!................ from the dealer.
No updates apart from an ETA of mid September, I did query is that 2022 or 2023 and it's 2022!
Will be taking this not with a pinch of salt but a skipfull as order was 10.3X and app is saying just order processing.
 
Someone in the build progress thread just reported getting a call from their dealer too saying they expect to have the car by the end of the month, even though the car isn't even in build according to the tracker. That would be a lovely surprise.
 
Back
Top