LukeC22
Totally Hooked
No calls for a couple of weeks, looks like they might be struggling to get build slots in the factory for the UK allocation.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
My thoughts exactly. I sent them a moany email over the weekend, but I shouldn't expect a response by the sound of it. If it's going to be late 2023 or 2024 I've got other things to spend money on in the meantime. It'd just be nice to know.No calls still.
Sent an email a week ago - no response.
I attempted to call them myself. An automated voice advised not to try to speak to them if it's about the GR86 but rather give them time to call back "within days" - yeah right.
Absolutely unacceptable. Toyota, just do a courtesy call and say 'hey it's going to be 202x' or 'no it's not going to be any more' and I'll say yeah ok now I know what to do. Can't you hire a few more people?!?!
Just had my call, actually they had wrong phone number on the system and left me an email. Had to disregard an automated message about people with GR86 orders to wait for their call (lol, some of you have been harassing them, haven't you?) and got through.
No information about delivery dates, the guy explained to me that all the GR86 orders show up on their system as September but he know this is not correct. He also warned me to be prepared for 2023 delivery![]()
10:15, but I'm not sure how correct is that measurement. I waited very long before uploading documents (easily until 11:30 or later) and I've noticed my order must have been on the tail end of their queuesWhen did you receive your ORCA confirmati0on e-mail?
10:15, but I'm not sure how correct is that measurement. I waited very long before uploading documents (easily until 11:30 or later) and I've noticed my order must have been on the tail end of their queues
on MyT app there is also another order number, that is 7 digit long, maybe this would be a better indicator? But I am not sure if this is too private to share on a forum...I think it's fairly accurate give or take a few minutes. My confirmation e-mail was 10:18 so i'm hopeful i'll get a call next week.
on MyT app there is also another order number, that is 7 digit long, maybe this would be a better indicator? But I am not sure if this is too private to share on a forum...
I've pretty much given up waiting for the mythical call as I really don't think they are making them, it's nearly 5 weeks since the generic we will be in touch in the next 12 weeks email & hardly anyone has had a call.My thoughts exactly. I sent them a moany email over the weekend, but I shouldn't expect a response by the sound of it. If it's going to be late 2023 or 2024 I've got other things to spend money on in the meantime. It'd just be nice to know.
I've pretty much given up waiting for the mythical call as I really don't think they are making them, it's nearly 5 weeks since the generic we will be in touch in the next 12 weeks email & hardly anyone has had a call.
I'm not going to waste my time chasing Toyota as they obviously know very little and certainly won't have any positive information.
I think we will just get another generic email saying to check the app for updates & we probably won't speak to anyone until the car has landed in the UK, this has been my first online only car purchase & I can guarantee it will be my last!
Part of me just wants to cancel have my deposit back & forget about it & move on but I won't, I hope the car is brilliant when it eventually arrives and all this nonsense is forgotten, but if I don't like it at least I could flip it for a nice profit, moan over!
2023 is next year??Had the call yesterday
Confirmed my car won’t arrive this year.
Likely to be next year but potentially could be as late as 2023.
What time was your order confirmation?Had the call yesterday
Confirmed my car won’t arrive this year.
Likely to be next year but potentially could be as late as 2023.
Great news @LukeC22 - as a fellow 10:17-er I'm enthused by this!I finally got my call!!!
10:17 order and they called me just after 17:00 today.
I was in the car and lost signal about 30 seconds in to the call so I’m still none the wiser haha. They did send me an email to call them back so I’ll do that tomorrow and see what they say.
Quite fitting really as I was on my way back from Goodwood FoS after seeing the GR86 in person.
Not sure if you’ve had the call yet but I’m guessing they’ll get to you soon.Great news @LukeC22 - as a fellow 10:17-er I'm enthused by this!
Cheers that's helpful, appreciate itNot sure if you’ve had the call yet but I’m guessing they’ll get to you soon.
Unfortunately, they couldn’t tell me anything other than I was an early order but it’s most likely going to be next year before I get anything and just to keep an eye on the app.
She was very lovely though, and helped to keep me excited. We had a laugh and she knew everything I was going to ask (not to be washed/travel film removed etc) but was more than happy to answer anything else that she could.
Oh crap meant 20242023 is next year??
Sorry meant 2024 not 2023 above.What time was your order confirmation?