GR86 GR86 - What wheels and tyres are you thinking about?

JonBon

Obsessed member
Apr 23, 2022
East Sussex
Good colour that, I’ve been 50/50 with the Grey and White Pearl. Went white in the end but still love the Grey

This looks epic with the silver alloys
977E4ECE-E660-4E4B-B086-CB20E935EB9E.jpeg

WWGR86

Obsessed member
Apr 14, 2022
Oxfordshire
I may be wrong but I think SLs have been discontinued and replaced with Sagas - same mold but with engraved logos I’m fairly sure. If we get enough buyers we can get a container over!
I think System still have a few sets TE37SL in stock now but it won’t be cheap🫣

I personally don’t like TE37 Saga or Saga SL which they don’t have “deep lip “ and looks really like those rep now.

TC105X is another option for me which is as light and the style really suit the new GR.

gooly

Devoted member
Apr 5, 2022
I think System still have a few sets TE37SL in stock now but it won’t be cheap🫣

I personally don’t like TE37 Saga or Saga SL which they don’t have “deep lip “ and looks really like those rep now.

TC105X is another option for me which is as light and the style really suit the new GR.
I like the TC105X design but feel like GR86 offsets don't allow for enough concavity. VIP Motorsports in the UK can supply Enkei NT03s quickly and at a good price which is another option - last time I checked they were around £1500 which is a fantastic price for a good quality wheel, and they give a similarly raw motorsport look to the TC105X.

I also have a good contact for BC coilovers who can supply below list. Again if anyone else is interested I am happy to organise a group buy. They will come with adjustable front top mounts so you will be able to set negative camber up front - rears will ofc need adjustable RUCA.

On another note, with regards to residuals - a good case study is the S14 and S15 Nissan Silvias. The S14 was widely available and a decent car with a few flaws. The S15 was a comprehensive update - exact same chassis / floorpan, some additional bracing, some more power out of the same engine, and lots of tweaks that mimicked what the aftermarket offered for the S14. Beyond that, the S15 was deemed far more desirable in terms of aesthetics. They are fundamentally the same car but the S15 was an improved version of the S14 in every way, much like the GR86 is of the GT86, with all mechanical & chassis parts being interchangeable.

Globally, including in the UK and in Japan, S15 values have consistently been double that of the S14. Whether or not this applies to the GR86 - I have no idea. My crystal ball is as good as anyone elses - but I'm not sure that the GR86 being an update over a clean slate will go against it in terms of residuals.

Regardless, nobody in this thread has mentioned buying the GR86 as an investment. I'm selling an appreciating 'modern classic' to make space for it because I want to do more trackdays - I'm not expecting to make money on it personally, nor do I have any intention of ever selling unless a cheap V8 Vantage pops up in the right spec.

Last edited:
Reactions: beorg and doogle83

WWGR86

Obsessed member
Apr 14, 2022
Oxfordshire
I like the TC105X design but feel like GR86 offsets don't allow for enough concavity. VIP Motorsports in the UK can supply Enkei NT03s quickly and at a good price which is another option - last time I checked they were around £1500 which is a fantastic price for a good quality wheel, and they give a similarly raw motorsport look to the TC105X.

I also have a good contact for BC coilovers who can supply below list. Again if anyone else is interested I am happy to organise a group buy. They will come with adjustable front top mounts so you will be able to set negative camber up front - rears will ofc need adjustable RUCA.

On another note, with regards to residuals - a good case study is the S14 and S15 Nissan Silvias. The S14 was widely available and a decent car with a few flaws. The S15 was a comprehensive update - exact same chassis / floorpan, some additional bracing, some more power out of the same engine, and lots of tweaks that mimicked what the aftermarket offered for the S14. Beyond that, the S15 was deemed far more desirable in terms of aesthetics. They are fundamentally the same car but the S15 was an improved version of the S14 in every way, much like the GR86 is of the GT86, with all mechanical & chassis parts being interchangeable.

Globally, including in the UK and in Japan, S15 values have consistently been double that of the S14. Whether or not this applies to the GR86 - I have no idea. My crystal ball is as good as anyone elses - but I'm not sure that the GR86 being an update over a clean slate will go against it in terms of residuals.

Regardless, nobody in this thread has mentioned buying the GR86 as an investment. I'm selling an appreciating 'modern classic' to make space for it because I want to do more trackdays - I'm not expecting to make money on it personally, nor do I have any intention of ever selling unless a cheap V8 Vantage pops up in the right spec.
40FD2A81-0F9C-4D9A-9B3F-590C273BF166.jpeg

I thin that’s good enough for me

AndyRC

Zookeeper
Dec 28, 2021
East Yorkshire
A general thread to discuss alloy wheel options. Feel free to start separate threads for individual wheels to make it easy to get information on a particular option. It’s always good to know the weight of the wheel too 👍

BanjoGazooey

Obsessed member
Mar 31, 2022
West Sussex
I'll be looking for a spare set to put track rubber on. Thinking 17s for reduced weight / cheaper tyres but if I decide to get a BBK down the line is that something I need to consider up front in terms of fitment?

Playing with colours in GT7 I think dark bronze rims will look great with Bright Blue

AndyRC

Zookeeper
Dec 28, 2021
East Yorkshire
I'll be looking for a spare set to put track rubber on. Thinking 17s for reduced weight / cheaper tyres but if I decide to get a BBK down the line is that something I need to consider up front in terms of fitment?

Playing with colours in GT7 I think dark bronze rims will look great with Bright Blue

Yes , not all aftermarket wheels will clear the new brake / caliper set up. Definitely worth checking to see if someone has experience with the setup you’re thinking of 👍

Reactions: BanjoGazooey

mackie

Obsessed member
Apr 19, 2022
Hertfordshire
I'm thinking stock wheels but slight drop (Tein 20mm lowering springs maybe?), possibly small spacers (10-15mm) and Lambo Imola bronze finish. Or I'll just decide I love it as stock and don't want anxiety about speed bumps.

MrSkubi

Devoted member
Dec 20, 2021
Definitely TC105X once again. I'm running 17x8 +42 (Clears factory Brembo as well Brembo GT with 3mm spacer) right now on my 17' BRZ. I guess If I'm lucky enough to secure production slot for GR86 anywhere in the future or import one I'd be transfering most of mu current aftermarket parts 🛠️

Reactions: WWGR86 and AndyRC

Swizzle

Totally Hooked
Apr 13, 2022
Essex
annoyingly I've got some Compomotive MO5s in my garage that would be the perfect size if they weren't 5x114