GR86 GR86 - The “Auto Zone”

Sorry if this is found elsewhere, but are the GR86 Auto paddles fixed to the wheel or the column?
They are mounted on the wheel. There are a few Youtube videos from the American press release that show interior shots and the paddles move with the wheel.
This, for example.
 
Great thanks, I was recently watching a video on the Lexus LFA and got worried that the 86 could suffer the same fate.
 
I’ve now updated the 6AT Owners List and will keep it in post #1 Going forward.

would be nice to see where we all are on a map , maybe @Adam could do one just for us 🤔😉 Interestingly one of the 3 Ignition Red cars is less than an hour away from me 👍😎

@AndyRC - Ignition Red - East Yorkshire
@Ersakus - Electric Blue - Berkshire
@cc3 - Ignition Red - East Sussex
@DuncTheGun - Electric Blue - Suffolk
@Swizzle - Crystal Black - Essex
@GR86DG1987 - Ignition Red - South Yorkshire
@R63 - Magnetite Grey - Worcestershire
@Adam - Saphire Blue - Kent
@AlexB - Magnetite Grey - Slough
@Kiwi Greg -Crystal Black 🇳🇿
 
Last edited:
I’ve now updated the 6AT Owners List and will keep it in post #1 Going forward.

would be nice to see where we all are on a map , maybe @Adam could do one just for us 🤔😉 Interestingly one of the 3 Ignition Red cars is less than an hour away from me 👍😎

@AndyRC - Ignition Red - East Yorkshire
@Ersakus - Electric Blue - Berkshire
@cc3 - Ignition Red - East Sussex
@DuncTheGun - Electric Blue - Suffolk
@Swizzle - Crystal Black - Essex
@GR86DG1987 - Ignition Red - South Yorkshire
@R63 - Magnetite Grey - Worcestershire
@Adam - Saphire Blue - Kent
@AlexB - Magnetite Grey - Slough
@Kiwi Greg -Crystal Black 🇳🇿
Pls add me to the list
 
Just driven a mile through town to the supermarket and back home again in my manual, put-me-on , Fiesta Eco Boost 1L and it was bumper to bumper plus two guys with a jack hammer and a set of lights causing mayhem , what a PITA 😱 I know I made the right decision in choosing the 6AT 👍 as was ditching the “Man-u-Hell many years ago 😉 I know I’m missing out on the “perfect gear change” every 3/4 weeks to talk about at car meets , but hey ho can’t have everything 🤣
 
Some interesting comments in this thread for those of us who chose the 6AT

 
In anticipation of arrival I started watching more vids, one said the auto changes the active noise system depending which mode you're in where as the manual keeps it in the louder mode at all times, good to know if its true (y)
 
Is it on track mode where we get the full sound effect? On normal drive mode the sound is subdued right? I actually like the idea as I am not too much into fake sound thing.
The Online team confirmed the auto will get the rear sensors also which is great.
 
Is it on track mode where we get the full sound effect? On normal drive mode the sound is subdued right? I actually like the idea as I am not too much into fake sound thing.
The Online team confirmed the auto will get the rear sensors also which is great.
from the blurb;

ASC volume in the GR86 automatic is adjusted according to the drive mode selected – higher for Sport than Snow or Normal
 
No auto test drives available, will you bother with a manual test drive (if you can)?
 
No auto test drives available, will you bother with a manual test drive (if you can)?
I’ll test the manual , it’s not that I can’t use a manual I just choose not to. It will give me the opportunity to see how it feels 👍
 
Im slightly worried if i drive the manual i might regret ordering an auto 🤣
 
Heavy traffic where I live and I know I’d get RSI with a manual and lose my nerves. I have the auto GT86 at the moment and I’m sure the new one will be great. I chose not to bother with the test drive
 
Heavy traffic where I live and I know I’d get RSI with a manual and lose my nerves. I have the auto GT86 at the moment and I’m sure the new one will be great. I chose not to bother with the test drive
I had a demo drive in one of the last GT86s with the auto box and found it to be fine , only downside was the “torque dip” which felt like a flat spot in the power delivery, but that should have been fixed in the GR86. With the longer gearing on the auto I’m guessing 2/3 will be used quite a bit on quiet A/B roads. One definite plus point is we shouldn’t have any “Money Shifts“ as the electronics prevents downshifts until it’s happy it’s safe to do so 👍
 
I had a demo drive in one of the last GT86s with the auto box and found it to be fine , only downside was the “torque dip” which felt like a flat spot in the power delivery, but that should have been fixed in the GR86. With the longer gearing on the auto I’m guessing 2/3 will be used quite a bit on quiet A/B roads. One definite plus point is we shouldn’t have any “Money Shifts“ as the electronics prevents downshifts until it’s happy it’s safe to do so 👍
Looking forward to lack of torque dip more than anything in the new car 🤩
 
It will be interesting to hear the views of GT86 owners who are moving to the GR86 how the bigger engine feels 👍🤔
Sure I’m thinking of dropping a short comparison review once I have the car for a few weeks. I have 9 years of experience with the gt86 auto.
 
Sure I’m thinking of dropping a short comparison review once I have the car for a few weeks. I have 9 years of experience with the gt86 auto.
@Ersakus , sounds like a great idea , is yours in the first batch? I’m looking at hopefully Q2 2023 🤔
 
Back
Top