GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

I wonder if they let me register the car after new year if they want to deliver the car in December so is a 2023 car?
They should do. If it was down to the dealer though they will push for registration as soon as possible as it all counts towards month/quarter/year end targets. As it is an online sale then I guess there should be more flexibility on actual registration date.

@Delahorney I think he means just being registered in 2023 but not a 23 plate rather than registered in 2022.
 
They should do. If it was down to the dealer though they will push for registration as soon as possible as it all counts towards month/quarter/year end targets. As it is an online sale then I guess there should be more flexibility on actual registration date.

@Delahorney I think he means just being registered in 2023 but not a 23 plate rather than registered in 2022.
Yep that’s what I meant sorry. I defo can’t wait three months for the 23 plate.
 
Still no bright/electric blue cars delivered to dealers? Except for the two in Switzerland and the one in Italy that arrived a few months ago.
 
Can anyone recommend an interested dealer in the Reading area? I am looking to change my delivery dealer before it's too late.
 
Can anyone recommend an interested dealer in the Reading area? I am looking to change my delivery dealer before it's too late.
Nope! All in the area completely disinterested when I tried to order ages ago so I just picked the nearest to me and suprise they have been pants.
 
Can anyone recommend an interested dealer in the Reading area? I am looking to change my delivery dealer before it's too late.
If you find one, let me know. When I spoke to the Reading dealer they didn't even know what a GR86 was! Have you tried Bracknell?
 
If you find one, let me know. When I spoke to the Reading dealer they didn't even know what a GR86 was! Have you tried Bracknell?
Crazy how there are some dealers/sales staff that don’t seem to be interested in cars. Appreciate it may just be a job for some but surely you have to be a bit of a petrolhead to work in car sales?
 
I am with Jemca Reading, no interest or contact whatsoever. I did called TUK today and was told early to mid December with demo cars going to GR centres in mid November.
 
I am with Jemca Reading, no interest or contact whatsoever. I did called TUK today and was told early to mid December with demo cars going to GR centres in mid November.
I am with Inchcape Sandhurst. They are interested, got a video message recently giving me an update but they are not a GR centre for what it was worth.

I stopped by Jemca Bracknell a few weeks ago and had a good chat with one of the sales guys and will be test driving from there.
I would have ordered to them but got a dodger salesman when I tried to first order the GR that sent me back to Sandhurst.
 
Crazy how there are some dealers/sales staff that don’t seem to be interested in cars. Appreciate it may just be a job for some but surely you have to be a bit of a petrolhead to work in car sales?
Being interested in cars makes zero difference. If you’re hungry for money and happy to stand on anyone’s toes is what makes a successful salesperson. I worked in car sales for a while and was by far the biggest petrol head there but that made no difference.
Sales is all about making someone commit to a purchase rather than getting the customer as excited as you are.
Our sales manager wouldn’t even talk prices until we’d gained commitment to buy from a customer. It was highly frustrating because you were expected to be an obsequious middleman, rather than anything else.
 
Being interested in cars makes zero difference. If you’re hungry for money and happy to stand on anyone’s toes is what makes a successful salesperson. I worked in car sales for a while and was by far the biggest petrol head there but that made no difference.
Sales is all about making someone commit to a purchase rather than getting the customer as excited as you are.
Our sales manager wouldn’t even talk prices until we’d gained commitment to buy from a customer. It was highly frustrating because you were expected to be an obsequious middleman, rather than anything else.
I guess I thought you would want to know the brand you work for and the market/competitors, so you can be as well informed as possible.

But I have never worked in sales before. I guess it’s the old cliche of a salespersons being able to sell anything.
 
Crazy how there are some dealers/sales staff that don’t seem to be interested in cars. Appreciate it may just be a job for some but surely you have to be a bit of a petrolhead to work in car sales?
It probably helps some if you're dealing with enthusiasts shopping for a niche/specialist/enthusiast product. Not necessarily for flogging appliance type cars.
 
Surely these dealer estimates aren't correct? It probably is what they can see but doesn't match what a couple of people have said from Toyota
 
Surely these dealer estimates aren't correct? It probably is what they can see but doesn't match what a couple of people have said from Toyota
That date matches up with the last date visible within the hidden browser dev tools before it got turned off to stop us from seeing it. I’m not sure I trust what people are being told by Toyota online either, as they also told us we’d get monthly updates, which didn’t happen, so it’s still anyone’s guess at the moment.
 
Surely these dealer estimates aren't correct? It probably is what they can see but doesn't match what a couple of people have said from Toyota
Totally. IMO there is zero chance of them delivering circa 100 cars that are currently sat in Derby that presumably all have this date in the system.
 
Back
Top