GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

That's assuming it is a parts shortage, if it is, its likely to be produced more locally to Gunma than us all the way over in blighty, I still can't see it influencing production, I don't think prebuilt cars would take priority, then again I don't run Toyota, so its anyone's guess 🤷‍♂️
 
I missed something. I thought it was just a general delay, that all cars would eventually be subject to, didn't realise it was because of further fettling needed on the already shipped cars.
 
Has anyone in the UK got a customer car delivered yet? I'm so tempted to ring up, because taking a grand and then saying 'give us a call in 12 weeks' isn't exactly top notch customer service is it? I won't get a car this year, clearly.
 
Has anyone in the UK got a customer car delivered yet? I'm so tempted to ring up, because taking a grand and then saying 'give us a call in 12 weeks' isn't exactly top notch customer service is it? I won't get a car this year, clearly.
I don't think there is anyone with one yet (cars stuck in Derby).

When it comes to customer service, well I guess it is the "new normal" after COVID, which we need to get used to. The old days are gone.
 
Mine is still showing as at dealer for the 6th July - is that wrong or where are people getting these slipped dates from?

Just bear in mind European cars are left hand drive, Japan domestic and Australia markets all RHD same as us.
 
Mine is still showing as at dealer for the 6th July - is that wrong or where are people getting these slipped dates from?

Just bear in mind European cars are left hand drive, Japan domestic and Australia markets all RHD same as us.
No the Virgo Leader cars (currently showing in Portbury) still have a final ETA of 6th July it would seem.

The group ahead of ours that is currently sat at Derby got moved back to mid-July so I would expect ours to move but not to the October dates.

There are a few articles today about Toyota trimming global production by 50k cars, I would expect that this is the most likely reason for any delays that occur for cars not yet built (although nothing at all officially confirmed by Toyota for UK cars currently)
 
Last edited:
Spoke to Toyota Online earlier today and they confirmed that they also see the estimated delivery as 17/10 for my car but they were unable to tell me if this relates to a recall.
 
I imagine your car is showing as 'left the factory', i.e. has been built. Did Toyota Online offer you any explanation as to why it will take them four months for it to be delivered?
 
No the Virgo Leader cars (currently showing in Portbury) still have a final ETA of 6th July it would seem.

The group ahead of ours that is currently sat at Derby got moved back to mid-July so I would expect ours to move but not to the October dates.

There are a few articles today about Toyota trimming global production by 50k cars, I would expect that this is the most likely reason for any delays that occur for cars not yet built (although nothing at all officially confirmed by Toyota for UK cars currently)
Given Toyota are not building the 86 I doubt them limiting there own factory production will affect it.
 
Back
Top