GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

It’s a few weeks since the first cars arrived in Derby, has anyone been told when they’ll get their car or been asked for payment?
 
Mine will have been there 2 weeks tomorrow, no further contact from Toyota team for payment, they last said July estimate.
 
Was reading earlier a Yaris GR owner saying they're just about to pick their Yaris up... 2 weeks from Dock to dealer! 2 weeks in Bristol for mine tomorrow and there's another boat load arrived since then as well 🤷‍♂️
 
Was reading earlier a Yaris GR owner saying they're just about to pick their Yaris up... 2 weeks from Dock to dealer! 2 weeks in Bristol for mine tomorrow and there's another boat load arrived since then as well 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, mine is at the dock too. Maybe they are trying to consolidate the transportation from dock to Derby and Derby to dealers to save money.
 
I'll happily help out with that and pick it straight up from Bristol if they like! :giggle:
 
Still no progress on mine. App still in same state of Order Processing. Starting to think I've done something wrong.
I wouldn't worry too much, I'm a 10:04 order and also showing the same status with no date on my order. But my dealer was able to confirm the order was showing on their system and had an estimated delivery date of 12/08/22 (moved from 15/08).

Even though I don't expect the car to be ready by then, it gives some reassurance that it will be build eventually.
 


Adriatic Highway visited Zeebrügge yesterday...
But may only bring mazdas from hiroshima.

 
I’m baffled now. Tracker shunted mine back to 17th Oct, so I booked my 10yo GT86 for a service/MOT to maintain its warranty for potential resale value in case of a poor trade-in offer.

I got a call today from my dealer, telling me my car is due for delivery on 22nd July on their system, which would render the service (and even MOT) pointless (the dealer had said that a service was irrelevant for trade-in as they’d do another anyway, and the MOT isn’t due till August).

As a result I contacted Toyota UK, ignoring the advice for GR86 buyers to hang up, to be told that 17th Oct was still the expected date despite the car being on a boat due in on 15th July, but couldn’t prise any reason for the apparent delay out of them even after laying it on thick that the 22nd July would seem a reasonable date for delivery (having been told previously that a gap of 10-15 days after arriving in Bristol would be typical, and so a week might be optimistic, but realistic).

I’m baffled by the left-hand/right-hand confusion, and not entirely sure how the same organisation can be nearly three months apart on expected delivery dates, nor why the dealer isn’t being given the same information as I can find online thanks to the advice on p1.
 
If it helps with your planning - cars that arrived on a boat a month ago, are still in Derby, so it's not unreasonable to assume other cars will expect similar delays once they arrive in the country.
 
I don’t disagree, but am still baffled as to why my dealer has information so different to that provided by Toyota UK. I’d have imagined that Toyota UK would be the source of any delivery information that they might receive.

If I’d been given a vague date, I could believe that they were bluffing, but they were adamant that my car would be available on a date twelve weeks earlier than I can see on the online tracker (and that Toyota UK confirmed was accurate).
 
I don’t disagree, but am still baffled as to why my dealer has information so different to that provided by Toyota UK. I’d have imagined that Toyota UK would be the source of any delivery information that they might receive.

If I’d been given a vague date, I could believe that they were bluffing, but they were adamant that my car would be available on a date twelve weeks earlier than I can see on the online tracker (and that Toyota UK confirmed was accurate).
At least your dealer appears willing to share some information. I emailed mine and got a response recommending that it was "best I speak to Toyota buy online as they are the ones who are managing your order and to keep you updated until arrival here." I haven't bothered though, as I guess they're already inundated.
 
Would be good to get a steer timeframes once they are here. I know there is staff shortages and all but Derby don’t have anywhere near as many cars to process these days. I’m in no rush and the later the better for me, but just need a steer on when to get rid of the car it’s replacing.
 
At least your dealer appears willing to share some information. I emailed mine and got a response recommending that it was "best I speak to Toyota buy online as they are the ones who are managing your order and to keep you updated until arrival here." I haven't bothered though, as I guess they're already inundated.
I was told the same thing by SLM Toyota
 
Back
Top