GR86 GR86 Delivery Tracking and Collection thread

I imagine your car is showing as 'left the factory', i.e. has been built. Did Toyota Online offer you any explanation as to why it will take them four months for it to be delivered?
Yes it's showing as left the factory but they had no explanation for the delay o_O
 
The factories it impacts doesn't list Gunma or the 86 so we are all good. For now...
 
Has anyone told the guys on the GR Yaris waitlist? 😕

075D174A-6221-4A9F-98D7-93D847ED34CB.webp
 
At least you guys have got an estimated date, spare a thought for the majority of us who are still waiting for the now mythical phone call & have absolutely no idea what year let alone month we will get our cars 🥱☹️
This phone call had better be amazing when it arrives :) I am a bit sad I probably won't get a car this year.
 
By way of update, I got a call from TUK yesterday to discuss timing and to confirm the retailer where my car will be delivered. A few things of note/takeaways:

1. There has been no news on recalls
2. Timing for delivery is on track for my car (i.e. mid-July)
3. Timing is subject to capacity/scheduling for delivery trucks and personnel at Derby where the PDI is done
4. TUK will deal with payment/finance closer to time of delivery
5. They have been inundated with GR86 callers but have other cars to deal with as well but a small team of handlers
6. Owners will be notified as and when they have news. Not sure if that means they will keep you updated if they have none. My feeling is they have been let down by Toyota HQ in terms of scheduling and putting builds into the system for UK orders and have limited info to update customers further along the queue
7. They did say I was lucky to have a car allocated and built so quickly so guess beyond maybe the first batch of early orders (presumably as they had bandwidth to process before the madness started) the rest is going to be a bit random.
8. It feels like I speak to the same core group of guys at the call centre which suggests there are not a lot of staff to deal with the entire online order book.

To be fair to the team, the service I've had has been spot on but I appreciate that's not much help for others on here.
 
Response from TUK Online to three questions I asked:
1. Could delivery run into 2023?
2. Would the price be honoured irrespective of delivery date?
3. Would the PCP offer be honoured irrespective of delivery date?

TBF to TUK they came back quickly and I’m happy with the response, so I won’t be throwing my teddy away and cancelling my order, sorry to the ‘000s hoping someone will 😉

410234AF-6605-4BC9-BEC6-21F5A2B47316.webp
 
Evening all, had confirmation that mine has arrived in the UK via the app so hopefully by mid-July it’ll be with my local dealer!

I had a call today with my contact there and he confirmed the PDI takes place with them at the dealership rather than at Derby. I asked for no wash, plates to be left in the windows and defo no joy rides! No news of any demo cars coming soon tho.

All feeling very real all of a sudden! Need to get some PPF quotes!
 
So, if they can't get the UK allocation all built and shipped before the 2024 cut-off (because of the delays) does that mean Toyota won't actually be allowed to fulfil some of the orders they've already committed to?
 
So, if they can't get the UK allocation all built and shipped before the 2024 cut-off (because of the delays) does that mean Toyota won't actually be allowed to fulfil some of the orders they've already committed to?
I really hope they have a buffer accounting for this into their production schedule...
 
Evening all, had confirmation that mine has arrived in the UK via the app so hopefully by mid-July it’ll be with my local dealer!

I had a call today with my contact there and he confirmed the PDI takes place with them at the dealership rather than at Derby. I asked for no wash, plates to be left in the windows and defo no joy rides! No news of any demo cars coming soon tho.

All feeling very real all of a sudden! Need to get some PPF quotes!
Don't worry it'll still be ages :ROFLMAO: mine spent 2 weeks in Portbury, now almost 2 weeks in Derby.

And we are all looking at information Toyota say is inaccurate so who really knows when it'll come...........
 
So, if they can't get the UK allocation all built and shipped before the 2024 cut-off (because of the delays) does that mean Toyota won't actually be allowed to fulfil some of the orders they've already committed to?
Potentially, yes, I think that would be the case.
The relevant EU rules don't come into force until July 2024, so it's still a full 2 years away - hopefully that's long enough 🤞
 
Potentially, yes, I think that would be the case.
The relevant EU rules don't come into force until July 2024, so it's still a full 2 years away - hopefully that's long enough 🤞
I hadn't realised it was July 2024, that's a bit more promising then.
 
For those of us on the Heroic Leader, cars are now past the Suez and in the Med, on route to Barcelona.

 
Is it just me or has Toyota gone and changed the info so now we can’t see the finer details of not a part of their system?

I’m either clicking on the wrong thing OR fair play to Toyota 😂

(Image removed for stupidity purposes)
 
Last edited:
You've got "Headers" selected at the top of that pane. Think you need to select "Preview"
 
Back
Top