GR86 GR86- Cars for sale - General Discussion

I said from the start that anyone cancelling, unless your World has dropped from under you would be mad to. If you do cash it's a car that will hold value, even if you use it. May drop initially but will hold strong and far better than most. If on PCP, it's a great rate compared to what others are doing now. Even the end figure is currently less than inflation.
 
I've messaged a bunch of dealers and so far, nobody is offering over list, dealers citing the current speculating at 36k on AT and these don't seem to be shifting.

Considering cancelling again!
If JW191 is genuine then he'll be straight on DM offering you £32,500 for your blue car today. Apparently he prefers other colours that he will pay £500-£1000 more for, but you'd still pocket £1500. Thats assuming he is genuine etc etc.
 
I said from the start that anyone cancelling, unless your World has dropped from under you would be mad too. If you do cash it's a car that will hold value, even if you use it. May drop initially but will hold strong and far better than most. If on PCP, it's a great rate compared to what others are doing now. Even the end figure is currently less than inflation.
Shh, don’t try to persuade him to keep it, I’m on the waiting list 🤣
 
Feels like more cars are for sale than have been delivered :ROFLMAO:
Everyone has their price and if circumstances have changed in 9 months then flipping will work for some, for me, its taken me years for a car to be built new that is N/A, Manual, Coupe, dynamically great and good to look at (not to mention great price). 2nd in ECOTY is an amazing achievement and from my test drive I dont think I'd find a car that compares for enjoyable road driving. Would I sell it (when I bloody get it!) if someone put 40k in front of me... dont know but this side of a Lotus Emira Im not sure there is anything I'd want as an alternative to the GR86 new or second hand when total ownership experience and costs are taken into account. :unsure:
 
I've messaged a bunch of dealers and so far, nobody is offering over list, dealers citing the current speculating at 36k on AT and these don't seem to be shifting.

Considering cancelling again!
Dealers will spin it to get yours off you for 32. Listers put one up for 60 remember. They know it's value but won't tell you that.

They have waiting lists as long as your arm.
 
Well I'm definitely not selling right now.





(Unless someone wants to offer me enough for me to buy a brand new 911 Carrera T with a manual gearbox and rear seat delete)
 
Dealers will spin it to get yours off you for 32. Listers put one up for 60 remember. They know it's value but won't tell you that.

They have waiting lists as long as your arm.

They did , but I’m guessing they are also looking at their workplace D&A policy and testing regime 🤔😂😂😂

Prices are holding steady today on Autotrader 😉
 
I've messaged a bunch of dealers and so far, nobody is offering over list, dealers citing the current speculating at 36k on AT and these don't seem to be shifting.

Considering cancelling again!
Same outcome from a conversation I had with the owner of a large car dealership yesterday.

He actually laughed when I mentioned owners of delivery mileage examples were claiming they had received offers of £36K from dealers.

Same outcome from conversations with the dealer principals at two Toyota dealerships.
 
Not many private buyers about to drop 36k on a car.

Most people wanting one of these will need to buy from a dealer to take finance.

I'll guess the first one to go up at a dealer for £35,995 will sell.

Happy to be proved wrong, and I'll look forward to the tomatoes being thrown at me.
 
I’ve had one offer from a private seller @ £34k (I assume admins can see my DMs and can call me out if I was lying). We are close to where we need to be for me to make a purchase, but not quite there yet.

I’m also chasing Toyota through Twitter, and the Toyota Head Office rep who responded to my query, to find out where I am on the waiting list. I think for the GRY they were telling people, so I’m hoping they will tell me. I am still holding out a little hope.

Interestingly Direct Line cannot quote insurance for GR’s yet. Admiral looks like the best option at least for me. Insurance for the GR was 60% higher than my current GT, which is roughly how much more it’s worth, so that seems fair.
 
I’ve had one offer from a private seller @ £34k (I assume admins can see my DMs and can call me out if I was lying). We are close to where we need to be for me to make a purchase, but not quite there yet.

I’m also chasing Toyota through Twitter, and the Toyota Head Office rep who responded to my query, to find out where I am on the waiting list. I think for the GRY they were telling people, so I’m hoping they will tell me. I am still holding out a little hope.

Interestingly Direct Line cannot quote insurance for GR’s yet. Admiral looks like the best option at least for me. Insurance for the GR was 60% higher than my current GT, which is roughly how much more it’s worth, so that seems fair.
same for me.. DL no such luck but admiral have quoted.
 
I also went DL to Admiral in the end.

Not sure what all this chat is about though, thought we all agreed these were £60k? 😝
 
Not many private buyers about to drop 36k on a car.

Most people wanting one of these will need to buy from a dealer to take finance.

I'll guess the first one to go up at a dealer for £35,995 will sell.

Happy to be proved wrong, and I'll look forward to the tomatoes being thrown at me.
We’ll, first dealer (Toyota) one is up…….£37990.

Pah, we’ll only give you list, that’s all they are worth……..take it or leave it…
 
We’ll, first dealer (Toyota) one is up…….£37990.

Pah, we’ll only give you list, that’s all they are worth……..take it or leave it…
I was offered £18k on my Defender 90, that's all its worth. One with more miles and 3 years older up for £35k in same dealer. Erm don't think so.
 
1671210214470.webp

Western Toyota £37,990 for MT, no photos or colour specified yet.
 
Great as the car is, if not a cash buyer, how many are prepared to place a deposit of £3,799 then pay £605 per month for 48 months with a final payment of £14,256 in a worsening financial crisis.
I doubt someone paying 8 more than RRP will be taking out a PCP.
 
Back
Top