GR86 GR86- Cars for sale - General Discussion

Eh?
Anyone who hasn’t got an order in April will be a second owner, no chance of being first owner no matter how much you pay.

My point being, you are paying a large premium over RRP and you'll be the second owner.

No issues with being a second owner if the price is acceptable.
 
Plenty of “premium“ cars have hardly done any miles and may be on their 5/6/7 owner. At the minute you know what you’re buying , effectively a brand new car, albeit you are not the first owner (to be precise unless you pay cash, the second registered keeper as the finance company own it). If the GR86 had a turbo engine (or any turbo engined performance car) I wouldn’t touch one secondhand unless it came from a Toyota dealership, full Toyota service history , and I had it in writing it was “unmolested” and as it left the factory.
 
I'm assuming these people bought them to flip, advertised then got a bit panicky?

If one person starts dropping the price as they want to move it on others need to follow.
 
I'm assuming these people bought them to flip, advertised then got a bit panicky?

If one person starts dropping the price as they want to move it on others need to follow.
If they are not being snapped up within 24 hours then yes it will be a race to the bottom as they fall over themselves to catch the first buyer. As I said in another post it's not a good time of the year to be a flipper.
 
Bit of a question for those selling - have you considered the option of holding on to the car until spring, when more folk are thinking about the possibility of a sports car for the warmer months? Or are you keen to take advantage of the early adopter market?

And if you do consider keeping for a few months, would you retain delivery mileage, or entertain the idea of enjoying the car and putting a couple of thousand miles on it?

Just curious really.
 
Just following on from @Silver Fox, I wonder if adding 600-1000 miles on on it would actually be all that detrimental (if retained in a showroom condition) - the 2nd owner would essentially skip having to run it in, and would enter the warmer months with an '86 ready to rock! Time will tell and the market will speak...
 
Just following on from @Silver Fox, I wonder if adding 600-1000 miles on on it would actually be all that detrimental (if retained in a showroom condition) - the 2nd owner would essentially skip having to run it in, and would enter the warmer months with an '86 ready to rock! Time will tell and the market will speak...
Personally as a potential buyer I’d prefer to do the running in myself
 
Bit of a question for those selling - have you considered the option of holding on to the car until spring, when more folk are thinking about the possibility of a sports car for the warmer months? Or are you keen to take advantage of the early adopter market?

And if you do consider keeping for a few months, would you retain delivery mileage, or entertain the idea of enjoying the car and putting a couple of thousand miles on it?

Just curious really.
For me. Im lucky enough to have to the space to keep it for a month or two.

I’d want to try and retain the delivery mileage.

The hardest thing would be the temptation to take it out but with the weather the way it is I’m driving the wife’s HRV most of the time anyway.

Edit: it also has the added benefit of a suit hook 😊
 
For me. Im lucky enough to have to the space to keep it for a month or two.

I’d want to try and retain the delivery mileage.

The hardest thing would be the temptation to take it out but with the weather the way it is I’m driving the wife’s HRV most of the time anyway.

Edit: it also has the added benefit of a suit hook 😊
Dont register it until Jan on that basis...
 
Back up to 3 on Autotrader (£38k & 2x £36k)
Screenshot_20221220_180614_Auto Trader.jpg
 
Back
Top