GR Yaris Explain Short Shifters to me

It's plain mechanical. A short shifter (technical more correct) alters the engagement point of the shift lever. The new engagement point is positioned in a way that less movement of the shifter is needed. Therefore you have shorter throws and most of the time more resistance. Lever in mechanical way is shorter so more force needed.
 
Normal engagement on a focus rs
7-2.webp


With airtec short shifter
6-5.webp
 
Ah! It changes the pick-up point of the shift cables. Thanks 😊
 
It changes the leverage on the arm on the box so less movement of the stick results in the same movement at the box.

IMG_20210901_144014.jpg
IMG_20210901_143918.jpg
20210901_143054.jpg

20210901_113719.webp
 
Easy to fit?? Is that little clamp it?? I thought I was a complete new shifter that was taller and all sorts!!

Sorry for being a bit thick....
 
Easy to fit?? Is that little clamp it?? I thought I was a complete new shifter that was taller and all sorts!!

Sorry for being a bit thick....
That's it, easiest short shifter I fitted. Make sure to loctite the screws though, heard reports of them loosening...
 
That's it, easiest short shifter I fitted. Make sure to loctite the screws though, heard reports of them loosening...
I am handy with a spanner, but don't have access to a car lift or pit, is this something i can do on my drive ?

Sorry for basic questions, but don't want to buy it and then find i need a lift lol
 
Back
Top