Michael Knight
Totally Hooked
I have seven ducts in GR at the moment. Exluding any fender or hood ducts.Look as no gearbox duct?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I have seven ducts in GR at the moment. Exluding any fender or hood ducts.Look as no gearbox duct?
I was talking about GRC undercover photo.I have seven ducts in GR at the moment. Exluding any fender or hood ducts.
I have seven ducts in GR at the moment. Exluding any fender or hood ducts.
But are they in a row?
This is indeed quality content. Brightened my day.But are they in a row?
wait, I think I've got my idioms mixed up, possibly with Die Hard
this was the point also that I got from a guy with TME background - transfer case oil gets rather hot and actually it is a weak link in driveline.the GR under cover is a must for decent speed Track GR yaris owner
i monitor Gr yaris transfer case with temp sticker. without cover the oil temp will sky rocket to 150C +
with under cover install it will lower it down to 120
I did the same...easy to make and cheap. was like 10 degree on "German Autobahn"......RE engine oil the issue as far as my brain could fathom was that the water oil cooler itself is behind the rad and intercooler so literally gets the hairdryer treatment.
Simply blasting it with fresh air along with a slight overfill of the coolant with water wetter and I was the happy side of 120.c even on the hottest days. Surprised myself how much difference it makes.
The issue with a cooler is that your warm up is slower, you always run cool and thr pump works harder. Fine for some applications but not for most.View attachment 13884View attachment 13885View attachment 13886View attachment 13887
Try to do it on my carRE engine oil the issue as far as my brain could fathom was that the water oil cooler itself is behind the rad and intercooler so literally gets the hairdryer treatment.
Simply blasting it with fresh air along with a slight overfill of the coolant with water wetter and I was the happy side of 120.c even on the hottest days. Surprised myself how much difference it makes.
The issue with a cooler is that your warm up is slower, you always run cool and thr pump works harder. Fine for some applications but not for most.View attachment 13884View attachment 13885View attachment 13886View attachment 13887
Hot air gun can do miraclesTry to do it on my car
But with aftermarket intercooler
Leave no room for duct
do you know the cost? likely 2x to GR Garage version, thanks for GRMN tax.Look like GRMN is better material and even large opening compare to GR garage
do you know the cost? likely 2x to GR Garage version, thanks for GRMN tax.
If Toyota was smart they would have sold the "racing" stuff very cheap, so customers would trashed their cars and bought new cars.![]()
Plenty. It sits pretty far back. The NACA duct is riveted in with plastic rivets. You can make it removable, but even then, it's too far back to even see the oil filter and the oil drain is kind of to the side.How much clearance is there above the panel? Plenty of slimline naca ducts available for not much.
Any idea where I can order such a duct online ?RE engine oil the issue as far as my brain could fathom was that the water oil cooler itself is behind the rad and intercooler so literally gets the hairdryer treatment.
Simply blasting it with fresh air along with a slight overfill of the coolant with water wetter and I was the happy side of 120.c even on the hottest days. Surprised myself how much difference it makes.
The issue with a cooler is that your warm up is slower, you always run cool and thr pump works harder. Fine for some applications but not for most.