GR Yaris EC/ECE approved exhausts

ok I can continue.
I can confess - I have a fetish for single exit exhaust and this Ragazzon variant is tempting. Maybe this is not EC approved due to increased noise but was wondering if anyone has experience on fitting it to stock center pipe - is it doable or just a stupid idea?


Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 11.06.48.webp
 
Just got an email back from HJS , and all they gave me what was available on the page above, but apparently the UK partner for that exhaust is Milltek.
 
ok I can continue.
I can confess - I have a fetish for single exit exhaust and this Ragazzon variant is tempting. Maybe this is not EC approved due to increased noise but was wondering if anyone has experience on fitting it to stock center pipe - is it doable or just a stupid idea?


View attachment 11115

The website says needs to be fitted to their centre pipe?
 
The website says needs to be fitted to their centre pipe?
I know... as the stock GR exhaust is from OPF back.
forgot this update. I'll go with TI exhaust once stock rusts.

BTW asked of custom made 3'' straight single exist pipe (similar style as ragazzon) - with v-bands it would have cost 450€ so similar cost ballpark. of course v-band connection is improvement.
 
New info

HJS now finally vid. According to one owner here clearly quieter then Q300 and perhaps quietest? But he likes it:



Ulter: no other experience but based on below 13s sequence it might be one of the loudest approved ones :
 
Last edited:
Just got a denial on my legalization request for HKS Hi Power Spec-L II, so bump for TUV!
If only there were a lighter than stock TUV exhaust.
 
Are the usual suspects (Milltek, Bastuck etc) all heavier than stock?!
 

Most are heavier than stock, Bastuck no info on weight, Milltek 16kg
 
Thanks for the tip and the link, somehow I missed it 'til now...

It's probably because @Onehp flies under the radar. He doesn't post much :p
Just got a denial on my legalization request for HKS Hi Power Spec-L II, so bump for TUV!
If only there were a lighter than stock TUV exhaust.

I believe the Quicksilver one is lighter than stock, but as for TUV you would probably have to go through the process yourself and hope for the best. Oh, and it's not dual exit either; oe not all the time, anyway.
 
This video convinced me to get the Q300:


Weight of the exhaust is ~18kg, so heavier than stock. Measured here:


To review the Q300 after about 6 months of ownership:
  • No cruising/highway drone, however heavy resonance/booming at about 2.5k rpm. Some other users seem to be fine with it, so maybe it's my Yaris. Had to install sound dampening in the back to mitigate the resonance somewhat
  • Need to get stiffer aftermarket rubber hangars/mounts for the axle back portion - otherwise it will fall off on track
  • Other than that, it's not obnoxiously loud event with 200 cpsi downpipe and secondary cat delete
FWIW, I bought a HKS Legamax premium - perfect tone and no booming, so I was able to remove the sound dampening. Somewhat softer than the Q300, but better tone
 
To review the Q300 after about 6 months of ownership:
  • No cruising/highway drone, however heavy resonance/booming at about 2.5k rpm. Some other users seem to be fine with it, so maybe it's my Yaris. Had to install sound dampening in the back to mitigate the resonance somewhat
Forgot who, but it was suggested that switching off ANC could alleviate such issues, as it might be the noise cancelling wreaking havoc.

No second cat/GPF and high flow changes things and kinda negates getting a ECE approved exhaust (as per topic)....
 
The noise cancelling should be helpful. It's the ESE that needs to switched off, as that will be causing all manner of additional booming.
 
The noise cancelling should be helpful. It's the ESE that needs to switched off, as that will be causing all manner of additional booming.
"Booming" in my car disappeared once I turned ANC off. Running HKS hi powr spec l ìi.
 
Forgot who, but it was suggested that switching off ANC could alleviate such issues, as it might be the noise cancelling wreaking havoc.

No second cat/GPF and high flow changes things and kinda negates getting a ECE approved exhaust (as per topic)....
Oops, got carried away since regulations aren't really enforced here. With the stock downpipe and cat still had the resonance/booming - further mods just made it worse.

ESE off made it better, but ANC off made it a lot worse
 
Back
Top