GR Yaris Are these engines really this fragile?

I don’t think you have until now.

But you’re happy to criticise anyone that doesn’t agree with your methods as treating the car poorly. Just a crap attitude to have.
"Or perhaps each 3,000kms warrant the preventative maintenance." Slow week, indeed.

You're the one that kept coming back for more, I simply responded gr4emo by stating what I do and why, which you took offence.

Not my problem people feel insecure enough to openly defend factory Toyota servicing as gospel 🤭
Some people live in a world without any scientific data and where "I know better" is some kind of evidence
Again, people assume because it placates their insecurity 🤫
 
"Or perhaps each 3,000kms warrant the preventative maintenance." Slow week, indeed.

You're the one that kept coming back for more, I simply responded gr4emo by stating what I do and why, which you took offence.

Not my problem people feel insecure enough to openly defend factory Toyota servicing as gospel 🤭

Again, people assume because it placates their insecurity 🤫
You keep mentioning insecurity but is it not you that is insecure by not feeling that the manufacturer guidelines are sufficient?

As I originally put the fact that someone in an extreme use scenario has commented that their servicing which covers nearly double the distance of yours is showing no signs of wear would mean that Toyota got it right. But hey as another poster mentioned you know best and are happy to throw the dollars at servicing. Who am I to argue that.

Some like to polish their cars all day, some like to drive them and some like to change the oil every other day. We’re all different but hopefully we can all appreciate the car for what it is.

The part I took offence at was you trying to claim your servicing schedule is based on fact and that all others must be inferior if not following the regime.

Happy to move on from there as we will never agree
 
You keep mentioning insecurity but is it not you that is insecure by not feeling that the manufacturer guidelines are sufficient?

As I originally put the fact that someone in an extreme use scenario has commented that their servicing which covers nearly double the distance of yours is showing no signs of wear would mean that Toyota got it right. But hey as another poster mentioned you know best and are happy to throw the dollars at servicing. Who am I to argue that.

Some like to polish their cars all day, some like to drive them and some like to change the oil every other day. We’re all different but hopefully we can all appreciate the car for what it is.

The part I took offence at was you trying to claim your servicing schedule is based on fact and that all others must be inferior if not following the regime.

Happy to move on from there as we will never agree
Feel better? 😅
 
For GR Yaris Rally2 it is recommended to change engine oil and filter every 500km and rebuild the engine every 6000km. Depending on usage, 3000km may be overkill, just right or insufficient.
No wonder rental costs for rally2 cars look highish, but this maintenance explains it.
GR Yaris GRMN had also quite tight service intervals, so if your daily drive includes 100km WOT I'm suspecting that 10tkm Toyota fellow recommendation is a long reach. For a old granny driving 5km to church every sunday on an island called Man it fits maybe better.
 
No wonder rental costs for rally2 cars look highish, but this maintenance explains it.
Running a Rally Car is a different kettle of fish and expensive. Rally2 (or R5) cars will be in the region of €50 per mile in running/maintenance (regular engine rebuilds/diff rebuilds/gearbox rebuilds) for a privateer where as a works supported driver (Think TGR supported driver by RedGrey) is probably double that.
 
Running a Rally Car is a different kettle of fish and expensive. Rally2 (or R5) cars will be in the region of €50 per mile in running/maintenance (regular engine rebuilds/diff rebuilds/gearbox rebuilds) for a privateer where as a works supported driver (Think TGR supported driver by RedGrey) is probably double that.
I believe its closer to 200€/km if you want service to be included. of course depends if you use your own tyres, what is insurance, logistics etc.
 
I believe its closer to 200€/km if you want service to be included. of course depends if you use your own tyres, what is insurance, logistics etc.
Yeah that was just maintenance. It’s way more once you add tyres, fuel, entry fees and insurance on top. Can’t imagine how crazy the price would be to run a Rally1 car.
 
Back
Top