Yellow lenses

Onehp

Totally Hooked
Joined
Dec 6, 2021
Messages
3,383
Reaction score
5,701
Location
Svveden
Seems to be a thing with yellow fog lamps - for better visibility?

I have yellow and brown lenses, polarised, in my driving shades. Every driver should have them...
 
Personally, I think the coloured lenses are a bit tacky. After a recommendation at t'other place, I ended up buying the Lexus fog units (which fit perfectly and let you replace the bulb) along with IFP Yellow LEDs, this gives a hint of yellow in the lens when switched off and nice yellow light when on.

However, I'm not sure it's actually legal in UK to do any of this...

"Fog lamps must produce a steady light which is:

  • white - for front fog lamps"
I probably should have checked this before doing it, duh :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
Inspired by myself, ahum, I just ordered some new photochromatic ones, hopefully one set of glasses suffices then. Also the ones I have, like most sunglasses, actually slightly hinder peripheral vision. The new ones are frameless. If any good, I'll report about them.
 
photochromatic will darken depending upon UV. i have found that my new Zeiss ones do not darken in cars because the windscreen is usually UV protected. So far I have not noticed it darken even in my circuit pack GRY which suppose to not have UV windscreen. not much UV here in the UK right now as well.:cool:
 
Changed to yellow fogs, so much better than the standard fogs.

DDB9905C-C831-40DE-BEC8-7C270AE5C3EB.webp

1F4CE1C2-A04F-49BA-BA5F-33C8C18EDEA7.webp

DEC81439-AC45-4094-AFE7-3A3ACBC55ED9.webp

98399365-7822-4419-85C3-8D7EFA8DDF4D.webp
62DEF781-DDA6-4921-AEE0-C9B6587DD73B.webp
 
Personally, I think the coloured lenses are a bit tacky. After a recommendation at t'other place, I ended up buying the Lexus fog units (which fit perfectly and let you replace the bulb) along with IFP Yellow LEDs, this gives a hint of yellow in the lens when switched off and nice yellow light when on.

However, I'm not sure it's actually legal in UK to do any of this...

"Fog lamps must produce a steady light which is:

  • white - for front fog lamps"
I probably should have checked this before doing it, duh :rolleyes:
should have got the dual-colour switching IFP's. but pretty sure u can have yellow
 
I've noticed a lot of people doing it lately on these cars and on my other forum with the Focus RS's but I don't understand it either. We used to detango lights in my day, not add yellow! o_O

But if they work, they work I guess... ;)
 
I tinted the headlight on my bike yellow and it sailed through the MOT at a particularly fussy test centre.

I've got the yellow fog light covers on my GRY just to make it different from my neighbours GRY 😂
 
Personally, I think the coloured lenses are a bit tacky. After a recommendation at t'other place, I ended up buying the Lexus fog units (which fit perfectly and let you replace the bulb) along with IFP Yellow LEDs, this gives a hint of yellow in the lens when switched off and nice yellow light when on.

However, I'm not sure it's actually legal in UK to do any of this...

"Fog lamps must produce a steady light which is:

  • white - for front fog lamps"
I probably should have checked this before doing it, duh :rolleyes:


7. Colour:White or yellow

Got to love inconsistent legislation!
 
@Nixkf what are those lights with the 4 LEDs, are they one of the part numbers mentioned above or something else?

Do they fit perfectly?
 
No not those particular foglights, after a bit of sleuthing and reading through an American Toyota Tacoma forum about foglights(280 odd pages) these were recommended.
They’re from an American company, Diode Dynamics SS3 pro fogs, yes they’re a perfect fit.
8E71CA33-9FB4-4198-A96F-5E40179BAE22.webp
 
Back
Top