GR86 What did you do with your GR86 today

Bought an Oil Filter from the Subaru Dealership. It’s a wonder they didn’t wear a mask and carry a pistol - Ā£20.47 for a filter that you can get for Ā£15 online! Robbin’ B*%$ 🤬
IMG_5879.webp
 
Last edited:
Bought an Oil Filter from the Subaru Dealership. It’s a wonder they didn’t wear a mask and carry a pistol - Ā£20.47 for a filter that you can get for Ā£15 online! Robbin’ B*%$ 🤬
Yeah, that's a bit of a robbery. I've just checked, and it cost me £13.45 a year ago when I was prepping for the 1000 miles interim oil change.
 
Yeah, that's a bit of a robbery. I've just checked, and it cost me £13.45 a year ago when I was prepping for the 1000 miles interim oil change.
I appreciate everything is going up but, dealerships take the p1$$ really. Anyway, at least I now have one for the February service so I won’t end up being disappointed if the Jan 24 stock doesn’t arrive. Fensport currently awaiting 40 on back order!
 
Been really doing my best to keep my car tucked away, clean and protected from this harsh weather šŸ˜›
View attachment 22989
You're using the car for its intended purpose, kudos to you! (y)

I've dropped my car off for its first service this morning. First attempt last week failed due to the oil filter availability, but they haven't mentioned it this time around... :unsure:

Got an Aygo X to keep me on the move for the day. What an awful car :ROFLMAO:
 
Got tailgated by a Beanie wearing Focus ST driver all the way from Kincardine Bridge to Crossgates roundabout, where he pulled up in the lane next to me and dropped his window to say something (I was turning right so just put my hand up) - Maybe it was a ā€œFresh Whip Bruvā€ moment, or possibly had to do with the grit I kicked up on the ā€˜hatches’ overtaking a large tractor 🚜 …. Guess I’ll never know. Shit happens when you drive that close… The car seems to attract every boy racer to wanna overtake you šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Oh, I also installed my Road Hero Spacesaver kit.
IMG_5894.webp
 
Last edited:
They look like the OEM GT86 alloys in silver, I had the exactly the same on my old car.
 
2300 miles - oil filter, engine oil, sump plug, gearbox oil and plugs all done. Better Toyota spec oils than standard for both. Fitted the K&N air filter a few weeks ago. Too late to test tonight and the gear shift was far better with the new heavier knob anyway. Tomorrow will tell 😁
 
Got tailgated by a Beanie wearing Focus ST driver all the way from Kincardine Bridge to Crossgates roundabout, where he pulled up in the lane next to me and dropped his window to say something (I was turning right so just put my hand up) - Maybe it was a ā€œFresh Whip Bruvā€ moment, or possibly had to do with the grit I kicked up on the ā€˜hatches’ overtaking a large tractor 🚜 …. Guess I’ll never know. Shit happens when you drive that close… The car seems to attract every boy racer to wanna overtake you šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Oh, I also installed my Road Hero Spacesaver kit.
View attachment 22992
I’ve agreed to buy a Seat Arona wheel and Jack which is brand new for Ā£50 locally

Time will tell if it fits.. the tables I’ve looked at seem positive

I’ve done ~1700 miles now with no space saver and I’m getting twitchy
 
Got tailgated by a Beanie wearing Focus ST driver all the way from Kincardine Bridge to Crossgates roundabout, where he pulled up in the lane next to me and dropped his window to say something (I was turning right so just put my hand up) - Maybe it was a ā€œFresh Whip Bruvā€ moment, or possibly had to do with the grit I kicked up on the ā€˜hatches’ overtaking a large tractor 🚜 …. Guess I’ll never know. Shit happens when you drive that close… The car seems to attract every boy racer to wanna overtake you šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Oh, I also installed my Road Hero Spacesaver kit.
View attachment 22992
Nice instal Sonic - Road Hero kit could be my next purchase. Hoping it’s quite ā€˜plug and play’ (I’m not so hands on!). I’ll just need to order a tie down bolt too right? Boot liner looks smart too - which one is that, looks more stable than the stock carpet on top of the space saver?
 
Back
Top