GR86 What did you do with your GR86 today

I fitted 3 quarters of the Focal speaker kit and had only the door woofer to do, then it started chucking it down, so I stopped.

Oh, for a garage.....
Just did the last bit on my lunch break, first impressions are very good but I think I need a decent drive to be sure ;)

Next step is to fit the Puzu dsp amp, but that looks a lot more involved so will have to wait a bit.
 
I reconnected the sound generator for my drive over to Manchester.. It vindicated my decision to disconnect it as I had headache by the time I arrived..

It’s getting disconnected again this evening 👍🏻
Same. After some months with it disconnected, it sounded even more irritating when I plugged it back in. It's a real shame the Engineers dropped the ball on the overall sound issue. It's such a key part of a sports car.
 
Went to work in it for the first time in weeks.
Moody car park at 6.15am shot..
-1lnlhp.webp
 
Looks so good, did you order directly with them? How long was the wait for it to come in?
Ordered spoiler with car in July. I was away till September.

Paid for the car outright when I returned [September] but delayed collection so I could collect the car with spoiler fitted.

Day before October delivery Inchcape advised the part wouldn’t be available till the 5th December.

Completed the October collection without the spoiler but was properly p&&&&d off.

Submitted a CEO complaint to Toyota. [Car also had front bumper damage]

Unprompted and as a goodwill gesture Toyota paid for the spoiler and fitting.

Toyota get a lot of stick but with that, I wound my neck in.
 
Last edited:
Not actually done today (was Monday) but the first time I’ve had a chance to see them in the daylight, calipers painted gloss black. Thanks to @Sonic for the garage (Skidz) recommendation.

IMG_4728.jpeg

IMG_4725.jpeg

IMG_4727.jpeg

Excuse the dirty wheels, it hasn’t stopped raining and it’s always dark when I have 5 minutes! 😂
 
TRD SF2s if you want a set. Came on the GT86 aero and some special edition models.
Won't be getting those then if they have GT86 on them.

I used to have a Focus ST and people putting RS bits on them fundamentally effected my OCD. (Same as if I were to put ST bits on my RS now I guess) It's the wrong car! Same as people putting the rounded "86" logo from the GT on the GR really does my nut in. :ROFLMAO:
 
I ordered an emergency jack and handle several weeks ago but it was on backorder at the time. Completely forgot about it until recently and then just as I was thinking of chasing it up, DPD emailed and said it was due today.

1000016407.webp


Have now ditched the polystyrene insert and the tyre inflation kit and put in the space saver I'd kept from my GT86 along with the bolt and little polystyrene support for the boot floor. All fits perfectly.

1000016408.webp


Bit of a shame to lose the cubby holes of the old storage tray, but the only things I kept in it were the locking nuts (which now sit inside the space saver) and the inflation kit which is redundant now anyway. A bit more weight I suppose, but a small price to pay for the piece of mind of knowing that a flat has less chance of stranding me, hopefully.
 
A number of 'firsts' today:
Crossed 1000 miles (3 months to get there).
Saw the Low Fuel warning for the first time - didn't come on until I only had 16 miles range showing!
A lairier than expected drift out of the petrol station :ROFLMAO:
Checked the oil - level was spot on.
Added some concentrated screen wash in case what's in isn't potent enough for the winter... during which I managed to drop the bottle top onto the undertray and it disappeared under the engine somewhere :rolleyes:
Fortunately I was able to grope about blindly and retrieve it... phew!
 
  • Haha
Reactions: AWB
Won't be getting those then if they have GT86 on them.

I used to have a Focus ST and people putting RS bits on them fundamentally effected my OCD. (Same as if I were to put ST bits on my RS now I guess) It's the wrong car! Same as people putting the rounded "86" logo from the GT on the GR really does my nut in. :ROFLMAO:
Agreed. It's wrong and makes it look cheaper and half arsed. I almost don't want to buy TRD bits as the branding is all GR now but TRD is the original before GR
 
Back
Top