GR86 What did you do with your GR86 today

I want to get it done properly by the Toyota dealer, but I have a feeling Aviva (my company) isn’t going to allow that.

That isn't their choice unless there is a clause in your policy, whilst they will have their own approved/recommended repair facilities, you can choose who does the repair that choice is protected by law.

Whose is this? I'd love those brakes but are a bit much for me at the moment. View attachment 15258

I'd be interested to know if he had to use spacers to fit those brakes.
 
Those brakes do look nice and are very "OEM+" but I think the Reyland AP Racing setup is probably better value and will likely have better pad availability too.
The stock brakes with the right pads and fluid are more than up to the job though. Really good pads get expensive however - PFC 08 compound are £550 a set.
 
You can get a quote from Toyota and email it to your insurance provider. Many moons ago I did this with Admiral who I'm still with now. They didn't like it at first but went ahead with it as I wanted the dealer to do it.
Some will increase the excess, most now have terms that use (and old shite) repair centres rather than main dealers.

Wifey did £4k of body damage to her BMW and because she insisted on BMW, they doubled the excess by excuse that going to a main dealer was a more expensive repir.
 
Took a very wet and at times, foggy, drive out in the Yorkshire Dales this evening. Cracked 1k miles in the process, 5k rev warning removed and much fun had.
Even in the wet it felt very planted and handled great.

IMG_20230405_181552-01.webp
 
Good lord. How on Earth that equates to over £2k in repairs is beyond me. Still, welcome to the club! I'm annoyed that I'm without my car due to someone else's carelessness too. Just let your insurance deal with it.

Is that picture from your supplying dealer then? Are you thinking that the car has had repair work in the past? Perhaps they just wanted a picture of "a car" and had your one in for it's delivery prep at the time?
 
Good lord. How on Earth that equates to over £2k in repairs is beyond me. Still, welcome to the club! I'm annoyed that I'm without my car due to someone else's carelessness too. Just let your insurance deal with it.

Is that picture from your supplying dealer then? Are you thinking that the car has had repair work in the past? Perhaps they just wanted a picture of "a car" and had your one in for its delivery prep at the time?
The black eyebrow trim is scratched and needs replacing. The tow hook cover is visibly cracked and needs replacing. The bumper itself is also cracked from the impact, but they would just repair it instead of replace it.

As for the photo, I went for the SupaGard thing so they had it applied while it was at Hills of Hainault for PDI. I know it’s my car since I doubt there were any other electric blue GR86 with a SupaGard sticker in that period.
 
Played around with my 3D printer and started creating some wheel nut covers while waiting to get my car back from being PPFed.View attachment 15300
If you have a 3D printer you may be interested in this off reddit. Stops the centre console from popping up accidentally and OP included a link to the file.



4qep9uttn4sa1.jpg
 
Drove the Peak District for the weekend and got super annoyed by caravans
 
Did you just use some 3m tape to attach? I’m getting rid of the original dealer ones with all their details but want to avoid drilling!
Evening - I ordered my plates from these folk and added a couple of sets of their 6x sticky pads. They seem to do the job - they ain't fallen off yet!

I followed their helpful fitting guidance and all was good.
 
Back
Top