GR86 What did you do with your GR86 today

7BBB9B08-FCAE-44E6-A4BE-DBF0135AE7AE.webp

Bent the front left wheel while driving over a pothole in Chigwell IG7. Bloody council not mending the bloody roads
 
View attachment 14630
Bent the front left wheel while driving over a pothole in Chigwell IG7. Bloody council not mending the bloody roads
Hope you get it sorted with minimal hassle/time/expense.

I was driving home this evening and spotted loads of nasty potholes that weren't there previously (or had got a lot worse); must be the recent cold weather.

Be careful out there folks.
 
Wow that's just down the road to me. Which road?

I drove down Abridge road (between Abridge and Theydon Bois) last weekend and parts of that were like the surface of the moon
A113 High Road southbound between Green Lane and Mandir Lane. Another place full of potholes is the High Road and Hainault Road roundabout
 
View attachment 14630
Bent the front left wheel while driving over a pothole in Chigwell IG7. Bloody council not mending the bloody roads
The roads around my area are terrible too. I keep thinking back to that guy who spray painted male private parts around the pot holes in his area and they were then fixed in record time. Could be the way forward.
 
Hope you get it sorted with minimal hassle/time/expense.

I was driving home this evening and spotted loads of nasty potholes that weren't there previously (or had got a lot worse); must be the recent cold weather.

Be careful out there folks.
Got a quote to repair the alloy wheel for £125+VAT. Has anyone gone for this before? I'm quite skeptical actually.
 
Got a quote to repair the alloy wheel for £125+VAT. Has anyone gone for this before? I'm quite skeptical actually.
I've had 17" wheels refurbished (stripped, minor kerbing repaired and repainted) for £75+VAT, if that gives some context...yes your quote is 50 quid more, but these wheels are bigger and you need more significant repairs.
 
Got a quote to repair the alloy wheel for £125+VAT. Has anyone gone for this before? I'm quite skeptical actually.
I've had a couple of wheels straightened (or should that be rounded?) after pothole damage for £50 each.
No painting or anything like that, just reshaping.
One of them was quite badly bent & didn't seal against the bead anymore.
They seemed fine afterwards but I couldn't say how it might affect the strength of the wheel.
 
Fitted the Remark axle-back exhaust this evening, the car sounds how it should now, looks cool too 😁 (excuse the filthy butt)View attachment 14655
Cool. I nearly did mine tonight but it's raining sideways here at the moment. I'll give it a go tomorrow evening. Looks straightforward enough. Was the right side parallel with the left or did it need tweaking?
 
Cool. I nearly did mine tonight but it's raining sideways here at the moment. I'll give it a go tomorrow evening. Looks straightforward enough. Was the right side parallel with the left or did it need tweaking?
Needed a small amount of tweaking to get it looking symmetrical from the back.

If you're looking down over the car, the right tip protrudes about 3-4mm more than the left but you really have to be looking for it, can't do much about it anyway!
 
I've had 17" wheels refurbished (stripped, minor kerbing repaired and repainted) for £75+VAT, if that gives some context...yes your quote is 50 quid more, but these wheels are bigger and you need more significant repairs.
I've had a couple of wheels straightened (or should that be rounded?) after pothole damage for £50 each.
No painting or anything like that, just reshaping.
One of them was quite badly bent & didn't seal against the bead anymore.
They seemed fine afterwards but I couldn't say how it might affect the strength of the wheel.
Thank you. I think I will go for the repair route and see how it goes. My concern is can I still say full Toyota service history if I go outside for a rim repair like that?
 
Back
Top