GR86 What did you do with your GR86 today

Oh nice one. Maybe we should arrange a meet up.
PM me where you are planning to be this week.
We’ve just been at Wight Wheels show in Chale.

I had some bikes by the side of me. I had to ask the owner to make sure it doesn’t fall on my car. It was on a stand.
Sorry only here for today!!

Say Hello to Chale for my other half. She lived there when she was very young.
 
500 mile round trip to The Peak District this weekend with friends.

The GR was a joy ⬛⬜🟥😎

1000091707.webp


1000091716.webp
1000091611.webp
1000091712.webp
1000091566.webp
 
Some dry carbon interior trim and a Billetworkz hybrid gear knob fitted today, I liked the white when @Joolone posted his (shamefully stolen), its a bit marmite, the wife thinks its hideous, "why have you fitted a white vibrator to your Insignia" 😅 but I like the motorsport inspired look, not to mention Delrin is a great material for a gear knob.

View attachment 29087
I am not usually a fan of carbon trim, but that matt finish looks much nicer than the gloss carbon you usually see. And nicer than the stock plastic.
Do you have a link?
 
Quick drive to Goodwood to checkout the Evo Track Day at Goodwood - not a single GR [of any kind] to be seen on the way, on track, or the way back.

Porsche accounted for 7/10ths of the participants.

Bit disappointing :cautious:

IMG_1502.webp
 
Semi successful fitting of some Cusco braces. Front fits fine, you remove the existing plates and replace with this. The mid one is similar, remove existing but it fouls on the cat. Must be more bulbous for us in the UK compared to JDM. Would be easy enough to do once in the air. I could've pushed it tight to the cat and bolted it up but given exhausts move when driving I wouldn't be happy to leave it like that. I'll wait until I get a full exhaust system in a few years and do it then.

IMG_20240703_231512.webp
IMG_20240703_220344.webp
IMG_20240703_214159.webp
 
Disabled the hill start function last night - again as per other comments it might be placebo, but the throttle response definitely seems more linear and easier to modulate! It’s improved the car more so.

I went out last night to take pictures to list the car for sale, however after the great evening’s drive, I don’t really want to… 🤣
 
Let us know what you think. I thought it was a worthy little mod, but it didn't take me long to do, whereas it sounds like it's been more of a pain for you. So you might not have the same cost@benefit ratio :p
 
Let us know what you think. I thought it was a worthy little mod, but it didn't take me long to do, whereas it sounds like it's been more of a pain for you. So you might not have the same cost@benefit ratio :p
Was the 3rd time car was in the air looking at it. Even bought new bits to find the sizes supplied weren't helpful either so made do with old bits. Still in the air now as I'm giving one more go tonight to try and fit some rear bracing but that's more complicated as the wheel needs lifting up so the bolts line up.
 
Back from a 4.683 km (2.900 mile) roadtrip to Balkan, to find that my HKS Legamax Premium has finally been delivered (and going on the car today - the Outbound Motorsport snorkel end HKS filter will go on when I get around to it myself):

_20240617_122441.webp

_20240705_130244.webp
_20240626_135737.webp

_20240705_131058.webp


_20240705_131058.webp
 
Back from a 4.683 km (2.900 mile) roadtrip to Balkan, to find that my HKS Legamax Premium has finally been delivered (and going on the car today - the Outbound Motorsport snorkel end HKS filter will go on when I get around to it myself):

View attachment 29291
View attachment 29292View attachment 29293
View attachment 29295

Great photos - would love to hear that exhaust when you have it installed and settled in. From the dealer plates I guess you are based somewhere in North Copenhagen area as well? Let me know if you plan to attend any local shows / meetups etc!
 
Trundled over to Brands Hatch yesterday evening in the 86 to do some track recce... On foot :ROFLMAO:

10k run in support of Heart of Kent Hospice.

Really do get an appreciation for how steep some of the undulations are, Hailwoods claimed many a legs. Two laps of the GP and one of the Indy circuit.

1720209532821.webp


Constrained to the car park ...
1720209674571.webp
 
Back
Top