GR86 What did you do with your GR86 today

hsb

Obsessed member
Nov 8, 2022
Uppsala, Sweden
Ordered HKS Hipermax S coilovers. About 60% stiffer than stock but better valving so many people find them more comfortable than stock.

AB38B4B0-A18D-415B-A8DA-03115E335C84.jpeg

I think (hope) they will be perfect for street and once a month track usage.

Gari

Totally Hooked
Feb 7, 2022
Northamptonshire
I spent considerable amount of time last couple of days and designed a slim and beautifully integrated MagSafe phone holder for the GR86. It works with the original Apple MagSafe charger or 3rd party chargers with same diameter (56.5 mm).
The base is printed in TPU to allow it to flex slightly for a secure fit without scratching the interior or needing adhesives. Use the integrated cable holder and then route the cable under and behind the glove box into the 12 V socket.
The mount is angled 30 degrees and can hold a normal sized iPhone both in portrait and landscape position without interference (tested with a iPhone 13).
Download the model on Printables
View attachment 15995View attachment 15996View attachment 15997View attachment 15998

All my designs and mods on Printables are free to use and remix. They have a non-commercial license. If you enjoy this or any of my other designs you can send me a small donation using the link below. Thanks :)
Pay Henrik Stenberg using PayPal.Me
Very kind to share for free! How did you go about measuring the inside profile? I was able to take basic measurements for mine but trial and error was the only way I got something to fit :LOL:

hsb

Obsessed member
Nov 8, 2022
Uppsala, Sweden
Very kind to share for free! How did you go about measuring the inside profile? I was able to take basic measurements for mine but trial and error was the only way I got something to fit :LOL:
Yeah trial and terror here too 😅 printed it in TPU that can deform a bit for a secure fit.

Reactions: Gari

robster

Dedicated member
May 1, 2022
Oxfordshire
After waiting for parts since the start of March my replacement headlight washer nozzle and cover has been fitted by the dealers today.
I could also do with touch-up paint - is the dealer the best source ?
I ordered some touch up paint via Toyota's eBay online store (link on the owner's section of their website). Haven't had to use it yet thankfully.

Silver Fox

Totally Hooked
May 7, 2022
Cheers @beorg

FYI comrades here's your paint codes for reference/convenience; you can, it seems, just bung the paint code in the 'product search' box on the site to quickly and conveniently get to 'your' touch up kit.
  • K1X - Pearl White
  • DCK - Ignition Red
  • D4S - Crystal Black
  • DAR - Electric Blue
  • G1U - Ice Silver
  • P8Y - Magnetite Grey
  • WCH - Sapphire Blue
I'm going to get one in the hope that I never need to use it - like when you take an umbrella out with you and it doesn't rain (and the opposite is of course the case).

doogle83

Totally Hooked
Apr 7, 2022
Berkshire
www.instagram.com
Cheers @beorg

FYI comrades here's your paint codes for reference/convenience; you can, it seems, just bung the paint code in the 'product search' box on the site to quickly and conveniently get to 'your' touch up kit.
  • K1X - Pearl White
  • DCK - Ignition Red
  • D4S - Crystal Black
  • DAR - Electric Blue
  • G1U - Ice Silver
  • P8Y - Magnetite Grey
  • WCH - Sapphire Blue
I'm going to get one in the hope that I never need to use it - like when you take an umbrella out with you and it doesn't rain (and the opposite is of course the case).
Just a heads up for K1X / Pearl White cars... The OEM touch up didn't match well in my experience. (It did match the Yaris though so no money wasted!)

I had better luck with a 3rd party Subaru labelled K1X touch up kit off eBay for the 86.

beorg

Zookeeper
Staff member
Apr 12, 2022
Essex
Reactions: Silver Fox

Conscript

Totally Hooked
Apr 20, 2022
Kent, UK
If anyone with DAR uses it, please give us some feedback! I have a rather nasty chip on my lower front bumper already which I was going to take care of at some point :/

Conscript

Totally Hooked
Apr 20, 2022
Kent, UK
Had the first oil changed this afternoon after 1100ish miles done .

It is very easy to DIY and installed the HKS air filter as well.
View attachment 16268
View attachment 16269
And finally recorded some exhaust note of my HKS spec L ii installed a few weeks ago but not sure how to upload on here😅
If you have a YouTube account you can upload videos to your own channel and mark them as unlisted. They will then only been seen by people who have a link....then just paste the link here.

I'd be interested to hear how it sounds, mine is due for delivery Tuesday but I don't have the car back yet so won't be able to fit it probably for at least a couple more weeks.

In the meantime, can you give us a quick review? I gather it's on the quieter side, but as long as it's at least a bit louder than stock and sounds better, I'll be happy.

Last edited:

Conscript

Totally Hooked
Apr 20, 2022
Kent, UK
See, that sounds alright to me; volume wise it doesn't sound much louder but it seems like it's given the engine a bassier note. I admit it's always hard to tell in videos though.
Does the JDM car come with a GPF too, do we know?