GR Yaris What did you do to your GR Yaris today?

I spent probably three hours giving it a proper wash, got the majority of the brake dust off as well.. tbh not the worst Toyota brake dust I've seen the Corolla Tsport was way worse.

Felt like washing a patio in places... Oh right, that's the original colour. Looks nice right now, sure it'll be ruined by next week
 
flapped the fronts..didn't get time to do the rears
IMG_7207.webp
 
The car has been tucked away on my mum’s drive since Christmas, while I went off gallivanting down under for January. Collected it this weekend and it feels better than ever. Like slipping on an exoskeleton compared to the auto Toyota Kluger I was driving.

36B21EDC-A722-4C25-84EC-67C3C635A0A9.jpeg


Might well be the best thing about being back home 😆
 
Last edited:
The car has been tucked away on my mum’s drive since Christmas, while I went off gallivanting down under for January. Collected it this weekend and it feels better than ever. Like slipping on an exoskeleton compared to the auto Toyota Kluger I was driving.

View attachment 13418

Might well be the best thing about being back home 😆
If that's back home, I'd suggest your house needs some renovation...
 
Yeah it's the Coolwalk upgrade. It's been lurking in the version that came out in early Jan but they've been slowly rolling the actual Coolwalk part of it. So the two versions exist in the same update but they'll slowly add more and more users to be able to see the new feature.

They do that now often so if there is a major release problem it doesn't happen on the same day. At lot like how your over the air Android version update rolls out gradually too
Ah, thanks! I was starting to think it might be Coolwalk (since I can get the 'dashboard' split screen in at least one app), but I didn't think I'd updated any time recently. Your explanation makes sense.

'Status' stuff-- clock, signal strength, battery are now on the bottom of the screen rather than the top. Weather is gone from the status bar, which is weird. The bottom center now shows 4 recently used apps instead of 1. Many corners are rounded, so there's a small amount of unused pixels at the top. And I'd swear that every update lowers the volume of the Android Auto voice control prompts.
 
Went for a skid/half doughnut in my driveway, had too much friction and gently slammed into a snow shuffle. Gently slammed, like that’s a thing. Anywho: hard to see marks in the dark. Don’t know what’s more hurt; my pride or my precious black
 
Went for a skid/half doughnut in my driveway, had too much friction and gently slammed into a snow shuffle. Gently slammed, like that’s a thing. Anywho: hard to see marks in the dark. Don’t know what’s more hurt; my pride or my precious black
Ahh sheeyit 😕

Most of us have done it at one point. For me, it was my first Evo and a surfeit of confidence over ability in a few cm of snow. Cue one bent alloy and a big dose of humility on my part.
 
Got the car serviced - safety check.
They also fixed a couple of things as well for no extra charge. One of the under trays was loose and clattering occasionally.
I asked them to check and adjust the windows as well. They fixed the mechanism so that the window wasn't catching at the top.
They provide a video of the work done, with the technician explaining everything.

It looks like the recall was done as well and I swear it has a bit more power / torque than before.
Is there another software upgrade?
 
Ahh sheeyit 😕

Most of us have done it at one point. For me, it was my first Evo and a surfeit of confidence over ability in a few cm of snow. Cue one bent alloy and a big dose of humility on my part.
Checked the car today. Less damage then I deserved. Its rare to learn such valuable lessons without a higher cost. Lessons:
- I'm not Kalle Rovanpera.
- Doing stunts like that requires more space and softer barriers, and I'm not Kalle Rovanpera.
- Also I'm not Kalle Rovenpera and as such, I should not try to act like I am. Because Im not.

I'll continue using the car as a drivers car, but ill cut back on the child's play for a while util I forget and go back to thinking I am, in fact, basically Kalle Rovanpera and I should show the world my abilities ;)
 
Checked the car today. Less damage then I deserved. Its rare to learn such valuable lessons without a higher cost. Lessons:
- I'm not Kalle Rovanpera.
- Doing stunts like that requires more space and softer barriers, and I'm not Kalle Rovanpera.
- Also I'm not Kalle Rovenpera and as such, I should not try to act like I am. Because Im not.

I'll continue using the car as a drivers car, but ill cut back on the child's play for a while util I forget and go back to thinking I am, in fact, basically Kalle Rovanpera and I should show the world my abilities ;)
Comedian Ross Noble lived for a time in Victoria on a farm. He was driving his wife's Landrover Discovery back to the farm. He describes what happened thus:

"I was driving along a dirt road pretending to be Colin McRae. I came to a corner and realised I wasn't Colin McRae. As I tore through the neighbour's fence and slid across their paddock upside down the satnav repeatedly asked me to return to the road."

He also has some further anecdotes of farm life and how he wrote off three Discos in very short time.
 
Took it to work, and it found a friend while I was in the office? 🤔View attachment 13503

What office is that with:
  • 2 GRY,
  • a Cayman, and
  • most importantly a huge parking space for your car
Are you hiring? Instead of a car allowance, can I have a parking space similar to yours as part of my employment contact? Looks like you're in good company (see what I did there :cool:?).
 
Back
Top