GR Yaris What did you do to your GR Yaris today?

Not tempted to get parking sensors?
I will have a think - if only there was a way to mix them with the circuit pack upgrades from factory. Maybe some other driver convenience aids in the mix too 🙃
 
Had mine in for an oil change at 6700-ish KM. They also said they would do a software update or something. A “factory campaine”. Don't know what it was and forgot to ask. I’ll chuck them an email.
if it's not a secret, how much did that service/oil-change cost? (so I can prepare myself...) :cool:
Also, let us know if you get more details about that software update (y)
 
Went to visit JF Automotive just outside Maidstone with @Bronson & @CB2007 and got a passenger ride in their JFA GR Yaris which is running 325 BHP with very similar mod's to my own less remap presently for me. All I can say is what a difference their remap makes! I think I may have found the sweet spot. Been a great day. Thank you to Jack & John & also Chris & Mike (y)

JFA 001.jpg


JFA 002.jpg


JFA 003.jpg
 
I became part of the broken grill club 🥹😆

was just giving the numberplate and lights a quick wipe before a long journey and noticed it, it's not really that obvious unless you're up close so I'll just live with it for now and replace it at a later date

PXL_20230203_162501781.jpg


Absolutely no idea when this happened but oh well time for a 3 hour b road drive to a mates
 
Admin bits as the car is new: ceramic coating, new wheels to preserve the OEM ones from London kerbs, got a dashcam installed as 2 already wanted to race on the drive back from the dealer.
Car will also get undersealed and maybe something on the rear view mirror. Otherwise it’ll stay stock
 
I dropped Buttercup at the local dealer where they're going to pull the transmission and hopefully solve the problem where it keeps popping out of 2nd gear.

In the meantime, I'm driving my Avantime for a week or so.

New transmission covered under warranty, so that's nice.

Also did the software 'recall'. The only difference I've noticed is a change to the interface in Android Auto. I would've thought that'd be a function of what's on my phone, but it's definitely different and I don't think I've updated Android Auto on the phone any time in the last week.
 
My Android auto interface is different too. I think Google pushed something out.
 
Fitted DTE PowerControl X (same as DTUK FSR+, cheers @MaxP!) then burned about €60 worth of super unleaded trying it out 🤭

As everyone says, these do make a noticable improvement in pickup and boost build, with a nice lift to the overall power too. Certainly, switching it off makes you realise how lethargic the off-boost performance of the standard ECU is.

Fitting was the proverbial, it took longer to decide where to route the cables and trim the cable ties than the actual installation. Bluetooth control works well, nice to be able to do a back-to-back with the stock setup, really allows you to gauge the difference.

Tried to give it all kinds of driving, not just flat-out blatting, just to make sure it didn’t affect creeping along in traffic etc., absolutely no problems at all.

Impressed!

F5334D0F-DAC6-4223-AEF9-D40A06EA4F61.jpeg

Plan to run this for a while then see about a proper remap. Be nice to compare.
 
Last edited:
Changed some heavy stuff for lighter stuff, installed a custom Öhlins Suspension and the rear diff. cooling kit from HEL.

View attachment 13360View attachment 13361View attachment 13362View attachment 13363
Let us know how Hel's cooler does. I'll run Cusco cover and HRNSHN vent combo after winter.

Installed DD foglights, but I took shit photos, car was not in the same place and useless angle - doesn't show how wide the beam is.
I can't say how impressed I am by the angle width and light power! Incredible, really turns night into day! Shame the photos don't do them justice...
20230203_174728.webp20230204_180645.webp
20230203_174748.webp20230204_180632.webp

Also installed steering wheel spacer. Now I feel like the car is build around me, but gotta get used to indicators and wipers handle being further away.
Gear shifter riser goes hand in hand with spacer, they should sell those as combo :) Some trimming had to be done cos it was designed for RHD.
 
Gear shifter riser goes hand in hand with spacer, they should sell those as combo :)
True, after fitting the steering spacer, I immediately felt the the shifter was too far down as spacer tilts whole upper body backwards...
 
Last edited:
Oooohh, going to need some details on those lovely bolts!
They‘re Grade 5 Titanium bolts where the damper meets the hub.
If you want to use camber bolts, you can only use the lower two.
If you don‘t, you can run all 4.

48€ per bolt/nut combo plus shipping.
12pt flange nut M16 x 1,25
Hex flange bolt M16 x 1,25

F425ACED-6985-4C46-8C4E-3FB8568E9295.webp
 
My Android auto interface is different too. I think Google pushed something out.
Yeah it's the Coolwalk upgrade. It's been lurking in the version that came out in early Jan but they've been slowly rolling the actual Coolwalk part of it. So the two versions exist in the same update but they'll slowly add more and more users to be able to see the new feature.

They do that now often so if there is a major release problem it doesn't happen on the same day. At lot like how your over the air Android version update rolls out gradually too
 
Back
Top