GR Yaris What did you do to your GR Yaris today?

Be interested to see what you make of them. Toe out rear is an acquired taste 🤣
So far (initial impression after some 150km) I really like the steering response and more info coming through, but I've started noticing cracks in the road. Only on very small cracks and bumps it feels the OEM dampers are not really doing anything. At higher speeds / bigger bumps they work fine. Added NVH is noticeable, as expected (roughly 15% added to my polybushings). Also like the geo changes, but time to research better dampers 😉
 
1st clean in 2 months…

3F1046EE-2F35-4C98-B7DE-5418F1E9C6A4.webp

FD555C59-19BE-4B97-8ADC-E3998F0C0240.webp
63F1C28C-D141-43C7-B65D-50B8F4903170.webp
 
handwashed again - thought there would be no salt on the road after heavy rain but boy did it leave a sticky layer of s**t after 40km of drive today so quick hand wash and pretty pink again. put the original battery also to recharge as it is sitting on the shelf - it is heavy as left leg!
 
Fitted the VBD seat runner kit. Very nice kit and straight forward to fit. Everything went together spot on and there doesn’t seem to be any clearance issues or clashes

Much better seating position than standard. Feels solid and is discreet looking and it wasn’t particularly heavy.

Not as low as the suspension secrets bracket (maybe 1/2’’ lower than this one) and a bit heavier but the trade off is having runners.

Would certainly recommend this kit

5F10654C-7768-4449-AFA8-DB9DD7276DCF.webp
BECA6C01-B0ED-48D7-AAD0-3BAC27E8ED70.webp
 
My problem is, my car is my daily driver so the brakes have to work well in normal use which is over 95% of my driving. Though I do track days I don't do as many as Deano. I do compete regularly in the sprint series, though that is one lap at a time, which the Blue Stuff pads cope just about okay with. No doubt the RPX would be better but if they're not suitable for road use it's not going to work for me.
The RP-X work great from cold but due to R90 regulations are deemed 'not road suitable' in UK and EU, which is unfortunate, as in USA it is not an issue at all. But I understand that you need something 'hybrid' in nature for your use.

@DeanoC it seems you are the first applicant, if anybody else would like to test a set please reach out to me
 
I dropped Buttercup at the local dealer where they're going to pull the transmission and hopefully solve the problem where it keeps popping out of 2nd gear.

In the meantime, I'm driving my Avantime for a week or so.
 
(Not a sympathy post) but reversed mine into the same garage door as a few weeks ago, and this time the paint has scuffed. Out of interest, does anybody know what the rough cost is of SMART repair for a bumper? Thinking I might get the stone chips on the A-pillar done at the same time too.

Not sure what's happened to me, for 5 months I managed it every time with zero issue but since Xmas, I've reversed out badly and made contact on 3 occasions. Maybe I've started parking at a different starting angle or something and made it a habit, but very frustrating, especially in situations like tonight when there wasn't anybody else (usually have a passenger to guide) and it's pitch black. The reversing camera doesn't quite cover the wider hindquarters either.
 
(Not a sympathy post) but reversed mine into the same garage door as a few weeks ago, and this time the paint has scuffed. Out of interest, does anybody know what the rough cost is of SMART repair for a bumper? Thinking I might get the stone chips on the A-pillar done at the same time too.

Not sure what's happened to me, for 5 months I managed it every time with zero issue but since Xmas, I've reversed out badly and made contact on 3 occasions. Maybe I've started parking at a different starting angle or something and made it a habit, but very frustrating, especially in situations like tonight when there wasn't anybody else (usually have a passenger to guide) and it's pitch black. The reversing camera doesn't quite cover the wider hindquarters either.

Keep it outside 👍
 
Had mine in for an oil change at 6700-ish KM. They also said they would do a software update or something. A “factory campaine”. Don't know what it was and forgot to ask. I’ll chuck them an email.
 
(Not a sympathy post) but reversed mine into the same garage door as a few weeks ago, and this time the paint has scuffed. Out of interest, does anybody know what the rough cost is of SMART repair for a bumper? Thinking I might get the stone chips on the A-pillar done at the same time too.

Not sure what's happened to me, for 5 months I managed it every time with zero issue but since Xmas, I've reversed out badly and made contact on 3 occasions. Maybe I've started parking at a different starting angle or something and made it a habit, but very frustrating, especially in situations like tonight when there wasn't anybody else (usually have a passenger to guide) and it's pitch black. The reversing camera doesn't quite cover the wider hindquarters either.
Not tempted to get parking sensors?
 
Back
Top