GR Yaris What did you do to your GR Yaris today?

Met up with some mates for the first time in well over a year. For one it was pre GRY. So sitting talking crap and get asked if I still have the track car and is there any chance of a drive????? Can do. No mention of anything else much other than I also have another car I take to the sprints. First time AWD... Then the second mate says his son wants (him) to buy some limited edition Yaris but they are not being made now and would have to get a second hand one. So the talk was about this special Yaris. Oh you mean the rally homologation special? AWD with three modes, 1.6T 3 pot? Etc. Took a while but they cottoned on after and you know because????? Where is it? Hmmmm. Outside in the carpark.

So we staged shaking hands and handing over the key. Then he drove off and the other mate videoed all of this. Sent to son... Much joy. However when he arrived home and explained it was all a bit of fun not so happy son any more...
 
Finally got the carbo brake brakes!
Front and rear:) will take a while to run them in though.

37B97611-D8FB-4571-AB15-B7F21FEB932C.webp
 
Oblong rear number plate fitted (11 x 8in )

If I take one shoe off, it looks like I fitted it straight
Does anyone have any advise on how to secure my new number plate without using mechanical fixings. I have tried double sided tape pads but they aren't working. could be due to the uneven panel where you would mechanically fix it
 
I used 3M VHB. Make sure the tape is kept somewhere warm, it's a terrible time of year for such things, it's so cold. Ideally the car and plate itself should be warm too. My front plate is slightly curved but the VHB is holding it fine.

Just to add in an edit, mine is a poly plate, mileage may vary if you are using metal backed ones.
 
Last edited:
Since reading the feedback here for the Bluestuff I have been in conversation with the racing department, although these cars are small they are very hard on brakes and if tracking he has said to use RP-X pads if possible. To create a hybrid pad for street/track will always be difficult and for powerful cars may not produce the outcome desired, but we take into account all feedback and welcome criticism where found to better our products and improve continually. The racing dept leader is looking into this and will try to work out a better solution for the Bluestuff material, hopefully we will have you guys back on board with some alterations and modifications our end.

I would like to offer two sets of RP-X pads to test and provide feedback on, if you would like to test them please respond only if you are capable of putting them through vigorous testing and have regular/upcoming trackdays. @DeanoC has had some great results with the RP-1 so I am confident whoever tests these gift sets will be happy with the results on track.

Please respond to this message if you would like to test. Thank you
 
Since reading the feedback here for the Bluestuff I have been in conversation with the racing department, although these cars are small they are very hard on brakes and if tracking he has said to use RP-X pads if possible. To create a hybrid pad for street/track will always be difficult and for powerful cars may not produce the outcome desired, but we take into account all feedback and welcome criticism where found to better our products and improve continually. The racing dept leader is looking into this and will try to work out a better solution for the Bluestuff material, hopefully we will have you guys back on board with some alterations and modifications our end.

I would like to offer two sets of RP-X pads to test and provide feedback on, if you would like to test them please respond only if you are capable of putting them through vigorous testing and have regular/upcoming trackdays. @DeanoC has had some great results with the RP-1 so I am confident whoever tests these gift sets will be happy with the results on track.

Please respond to this message if you would like to test. Thank you

@EBC Brakes I've never used the RPX. Conscious you sent me a set of RP1s though (before I bought 2 more sets + discs with my own money in case people think I'm recommending them for nefarious means) so only consider me if nobody else is interested and can test them. I'd be quite keen to see what the modulation is like as the GR is not hugely servo'd compared to many modern cars but it is light......
 
@EBC Brakes I've never used the RPX. Conscious you sent me a set of RP1s though (before I bought 2 more sets + discs with my own money in case people think I'm recommending them for nefarious means) so only consider me if nobody else is interested and can test them. I'd be quite keen to see what the modulation is like as the GR is not hugely servo'd compared to many modern cars but it is light......
I think you are both a suitable and, with all your contributions to the community, worthy tester @EBC Brakes
 
Washed it, and found few tiny rock chips and scratches at the rear arches. Got light headed and almost puked. Then ordered bigger mud flaps for the front. Went with Rallyflaps.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Max
Since reading the feedback here for the Bluestuff I have been in conversation with the racing department, although these cars are small they are very hard on brakes and if tracking he has said to use RP-X pads if possible. To create a hybrid pad for street/track will always be difficult and for powerful cars may not produce the outcome desired, but we take into account all feedback and welcome criticism where found to better our products and improve continually. The racing dept leader is looking into this and will try to work out a better solution for the Bluestuff material, hopefully we will have you guys back on board with some alterations and modifications our end.

I would like to offer two sets of RP-X pads to test and provide feedback on, if you would like to test them please respond only if you are capable of putting them through vigorous testing and have regular/upcoming trackdays. @DeanoC has had some great results with the RP-1 so I am confident whoever tests these gift sets will be happy with the results on track.

Please respond to this message if you would like to test. Thank you
Rp-x works well on street and track. Sometimes squeky but thats life
 
tbh back of my mind was Deano and Lauren :LOL:
My problem is, my car is my daily driver so the brakes have to work well in normal use which is over 95% of my driving. Though I do track days I don't do as many as Deano. I do compete regularly in the sprint series, though that is one lap at a time, which the Blue Stuff pads cope just about okay with. No doubt the RPX would be better but if they're not suitable for road use it's not going to work for me.
 
Be interested to see what you make of them. Toe out rear is an acquired taste 🤣
Indeed it is. It really will reduce rear stability. Tried this on my old GT86 once, though not by choice. Felt like it was trying to kill me, but I got the hang of it and competed with it like this. Then when I went back over the settings I realised and got a tiny amount of toe in setup instead. That was much better especially on high speed longer corners. On the GRY I just run minimum spec toe in on the rear, it's plenty stable enough.
 
My problem is, my car is my daily driver so the brakes have to work well in normal use which is over 95% of my driving. Though I do track days I don't do as many as Deano. I do compete regularly in the sprint series, though that is one lap at a time, which the Blue Stuff pads cope just about okay with. No doubt the RPX would be better but if they're not suitable for road use it's not going to work for me.
They supposedly work on the street so...
 
Back
Top