GR Yaris What did you do to your GR Yaris today?

A wash!

Still a hosepipe ban here in cornwall so had to take all my gear up to the local pressure washer station and do my best without snow foam and just one bucket!

Before and after.

9E0E4C3B-F423-4000-87AF-B6DAA4C0F475.webp


1E9BD974-9A1F-46D1-B5E7-7B0B796B5351.webp
 
A wash!

Still a hosepipe ban here in cornwall so had to take all my gear up to the local pressure washer station and do my best without snow foam and just one bucket!

Before and after.

View attachment 13993

View attachment 13994
Me too! Though out of choice rather than ban as don’t have a tap for a pressure washer since we moved house. It worked quite well I thought - took own shampoo etc and luckily wasn’t a queue so was able to do 2 cycles. Yours looks cleaner than mine though.
 
Me too! Though out of choice rather than ban as don’t have a tap for a pressure washer since we moved house. It worked quite well I thought - took own shampoo etc and luckily wasn’t a queue so was able to do 2 cycles. Yours looks cleaner than mine though.
I use a cordless pressure washer that pulls water from a bucket it works pretty well
 
Whent to the motorist, had a brew and a chat with some fellow petrol heads, tested the road holding properties of the tires on the way home, bought a private plate for it, and enjoyed the venture, and exhaust...particularly the bit were no.1 son, was on his back, adjusting the exhaust tip as it wasn't quite leveled up properly.. while I did the dad bit of watching and offering conflicting advice and guidance on what he was doing...
 
Didn't do a lot today as been sick but briefly took it to get some juice, and me some recovery things but as I wandered back to my car I come across a BMW with a window open and a bloke and his missus inside, and clearly pointing at my car saying something like 'I really want one of those'...

Made me feel slightly better for about eight seconds.
 
Whent to the motorist, had a brew and a chat with some fellow petrol heads, tested the road holding properties of the tires on the way home, bought a private plate for it, and enjoyed the venture, and exhaust...particularly the bit were no.1 son, was on his back, adjusting the exhaust tip as it wasn't quite leveled up properly.. while I did the dad bit of watching and offering conflicting advice and guidance on what he was doing...
LOL, my Dad's 87, he will ask me to pop round to do something for him then stands over me telling me how to do it. His best advice so far " don't fall" that was when I was fixing the guttering
 
Finding new appreciation for the vids in this thread, Polish rally drivers showing what a stock GRY can do in the right hands and a set of rally tyres....

I try to do the same at every opportunity, with varying succes ;)
 
Crossclimates off and stock wheels and tyres back on ahead of the Drive Limits day. Fitted String Theory spacers to the rear, and swapped out the air filter in the Eventuri so I can rotate and clean them.
 
[...] clearly pointing at my car saying something like 'I really want one of those'...
That reminds me! My girlfriend and I were in Garmisch, in Bavaria, last weekend. We decided to go to the top of the Zugspitze, the highest point in Germany. We caught the last train down from the glacier to the muddy parking lot at Eibsee. The lot was fairly empty as we got in the car, but there was a van of skiers nearby who offered us enthusiastic waves and thumbs up.

I was super tempted to do a little circle work (or at least semicircle work) as I made the u-turn at the far end of the muddy lot. But I think when one's putting on a show is when one's most likely to screw it up.
 
LOL, my Dad's 87, he will ask me to pop round to do something for him then stands over me telling me how to do it. His best advice so far " don't fall" that was when I was fixing the guttering
Your dad's ace... my dad's top tip..after passing me a drill bit...carefull son..that's hot...
 
Your dad's ace... my dad's top tip..after passing me a drill bit...carefull son..that's hot...

Your dad's ace... my dad's top tip..after passing me a drill bit...carefull son..that's hot...
I think he's getting his own back for the time he was helping me unblock my windscreen washer jets. I was in the car he was looking down the jets and poking a needle down them, I just had to pull back on the washer stalk and he got an eye full. Too funny but totally true
 
Crossclimates off and stock wheels and tyres back on ahead of the Drive Limits day. Fitted String Theory spacers to the rear, and swapped out the air filter in the Eventuri so I can rotate and clean them.

Wait, spacers just on the rear? I'm confused.
 
Back
Top