GR Yaris What did you do to your GR Yaris today?

Spent the day applying Soft99 Fusso coat after touching up some stone chips yesterday. The amount of brake dust contamination down the side of my car was wild. Prep work before the wax taking up most of the day. Looks new again now. Ready for a trip north to Finland on Wednesday for Secto Rally Finland.

 
Last edited:
Really sorry to hear that. Hopefully you and any passengers were ok.

What next another Yaris?

Thanks Robin. They essentially hit head on into my drivers side wing where theyโ€™d lost the back end and ended up heading onto my side of the road.

Almost no time to react.

Oh thereโ€™s an oncoming carโ€ฆ Oh shit itโ€™s sideways then just about enough time to steer slightly left and brake then bang.

All airbags deployed, shoved me sideways into the hedge on the roadside. No injuries on either side, nice seatbelt shaped bruise now fading and still a bit sore.

Most likely will be another Yaris. Insurance offer was no nonsense and fair market rate.
 
Wow that sounds nasty @Sam glad you are OK and sorry about the car, especially when it was someone else's mistake. Fingers crossed you can find another good 'un when the time is right.
 
30 k maintenance today

1000253682.webp

1000253683.webp


Changing all filters as every 10 k although service schedule does not call for it. And adding the fuel additive as well.

Also changing rear diff oil.

Front brake discs at 27 mm, and front brake pads still good 30 k later. Have done precisely 30 k in the first year.
 
30 k maintenance today

View attachment 37027
View attachment 37028

Changing all filters as every 10 k although service schedule does not call for it. And adding the fuel additive as well.

Also changing rear diff oil.

Front brake discs at 27 mm, and front brake pads still good 30 k later. Have done precisely 30 k in the first year.

Some great mileage there!
 
I took my daughter to pick up her new/used VW Polo it was at a Skoda dealership. I couldn't fault the car or the salesman, until he said "you obviously like fast cars, we do have the Fabia VRS, if you fancy a change". I've never been so insulted in my 58 years. So the 5 star review I was going to leave was reduced to 1 star.
Only joking, I couldn't fault Wings Skoda , if ever lose my marbles and decided to get rid of my GR for a Fabia. I would use this Skoda dealership
 
Banked the insurance cheque.

The car was written off last weekend after another driver lost control and collected me as they span out.

๐Ÿ˜”
Sam, the most important thing is you are ok. I hope the insurance pay out will allow you to buy another one. When I was looking for new insurance quotes they were offering what I thought wasn't a fair market value. I'm going to be cheeky and ask "what pay out did you receive".
 
Sam, the most important thing is you are ok. I hope the insurance pay out will allow you to buy another one. When I was looking for new insurance quotes they were offering what I thought wasn't a fair market value. I'm going to be cheeky and ask "what pay out did you receive".
I've been getting insurance quotes too and was more than a bit concerned that the 'insured value' was ยฃ3k less than I bought it for 6 wks ago. If the insured value is all they'd payout then I certainly couldn't by an equivalent replacement !!
 
I'm going to be cheeky and ask "what pay out did you receive".

ยฃ26k, it was a 70 plate 2020 car with 37,000 miles.

There were very few early cars with similar mileage for sale, but this amount is broadly in line with 21 plate cars of -/+5k miles for sale privately.

Likelihood is I'll supplement a little to get into a newer car with less miles than I had.
 
Banked the insurance cheque.

The car was written off last weekend after another driver lost control and collected me as they span out.

๐Ÿ˜”
So sorry for you Sam, really unfortunate ๐Ÿ˜ž Happy to hear you are well, anyway
 
Back
Top