GR86 Vehicle Security

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm first batch, and this is what the Drive Home Insurance email that I was sent had in it:

View attachment 21171
And mine's from the second batch:
1697021879705.webp
 
2nd batch here and was also advised to select alarm and immobiliser
 
This is very confusing, i had to double check again and it's definitely immobiliser only!

Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 12.25.29.webp
 
2nd batch, took a while to complete so it was August before I completed the drive home insurance etc. and I was told to put alarm & immobiliser.
 
I emailed Toyota Online to ask the question as well as other stuff - regarding the alarm this is what they said:

"We are currently investigating whether the GR86 comes with an Alarm and if so what category, more information will be provided once we are able to"
 
I emailed Toyota Online to ask the question as well as other stuff - regarding the alarm this is what they said:

"We are currently investigating whether the GR86 comes with an Alarm and if so what category, more information will be provided once we are able to"
That's the reply I had 3 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting.
 
I emailed Toyota Online to ask the question as well as other stuff - regarding the alarm this is what they said:

"We are currently investigating whether the GR86 comes with an Alarm and if so what category, more information will be provided once we are able to"

I can’t work out if I'm more concerned about that as a statement, or that mere fact the sender didn’t abort sending it after proof reading and realising it would make them look utterly incompetent.
 
So the GR86 is listed on the Thatcham list p33 but has TSC 253. What does that mean? So it's not T1 or T2?
See my post #75 in this thread. It has a Cat2 Immobiliser and is listed under that section. It uses a Transponder, Software Lock and is suitable for Diesels (TSD). The TSC 253 denotes the Thatcham Security Certification number as listed in their database.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ZN8
I got this reply from Toyota Online yesterday as my car is due in a couple of weeks and I'll need to insure it:

"With regards o the alarm, I will have to come back to you to confirm this as I am just waiting for an answer back from our Product department, sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."
 
I wonder how many laps the email between legal, customer services, marketing and the CEO of TUK has done at this point….
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top