GR86 Vehicle Security

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any post delivery install by Mr T may end up being similar 😬
1696534442365.webp
 
There is some sort of alarm on the car, as mine went off a couple of weeks back. Not quite sure what set it off, as there are no motion sensors in the car, I locked the wife in the car this morning to test this. I also checked to see if there was the same switch under the bonnet as the GT86 had, but again, there are no sensors there.

As others have mentioned, I wonder what impact this will have on insurance quotes.
 
Anyone tried waiting 30 seconds to see if it goes off after a certain amount of time after locking with the boot open or a door open for example. Haven't tried this myself yet.
 
There is some sort of alarm on the car, as mine went off a couple of weeks back. Not quite sure what set it off, as there are no motion sensors in the car, I locked the wife in the car this morning to test this. I also checked to see if there was the same switch under the bonnet as the GT86 had, but again, there are no sensors there.

As others have mentioned, I wonder what impact this will have on insurance quotes.

You should probably go let her out if the alarm hasn't gone off yet..
 
Does this work? Game changer if it does!

Any UK owners going to give this a try? I'm not with my car today, but can certainly try tomorrow unless someone has a go first.
No, no it doesn't - just tried it (unless I'm being more of a spanner than normal) - tried it with both ignition on ans started no horn sounds for eiother on or off.

So the US get both an alarm and an app that works...
 
I tried it before and it didn't work, tried it again and it didn't work. The other thing I noticed was that he locked the car using the fob inside the vehicle and it armed the car, I tried that and the door locks then unlocks and bleeps and tells you to remove the key before exiting the car.

Seems odd the some markets have alarms and some don't. I'm guessing that due to the delay in getting an answer is that there has been a cock up, the GT86 had an alarm so why wouldn't it's successor? During development there must have been several versions of the spec sheet and somehow it got removed or missed and no-one queried it or spotted the omission or worse someone unilaterally decided not to fit it to save a few quid and didn't get it signed off by both sides (an issue could be the fact that Subaru build them not Toyota so there may be some discussions about who is to blame and, therefore, pay for it if there is a recall on this) It will be 3 weeks on Thursday since my query, it doesn't take that long to say yes or no so there are some intense discussions going on for sure.
 
Regrettably I am still awaiting on update from the relevant departments on these concerns.

Please rest assured as soon as I have an update on the matter I will be back in touch.

Kind Regards
Latest update after chasing it up today.

I'll do them a deal. Unlimited track coverage for the warranty and well overlook the alarming lack of an alarm.
 
So I got my email that the car will finally arrive and that I can setup the free drive away insurance. What is interesting is that they told me to select ‘immobiliser’ only in the security section of the form and NOT ‘alarm and immobiliser’!

I suppose this sheds some light on the matter and unfortunately we don’t have an alarm…At least for the 2nd batch cars anyway?
 
So I got my email that the car will finally arrive and that I can setup the free drive away insurance. What is interesting is that they told me to select ‘immobiliser’ only in the security section of the form and NOT ‘alarm and immobiliser’!

I suppose this sheds some light on the matter and unfortunately we don’t have an alarm…At least for the 2nd batch cars anyway?
Would that be an admission of guilt in a court of law? I was certainly not advised to do that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top