GR86 The GR86 “The Orders / Owners List / GR86 Register”

I think there’s a key difference between “placing a deposit” and “having your order confirmed” at the moment.
Thanks and I agree. I'll be away Monday so was hoping to just leave instruction with someone to crack on and place an order when the books open.

I'll probably just risk the wrath of the Mrs and get on the phone to them 8am Monday! :ROFLMAO:
 
Oxford are a GR centre and taking deposits although not willing to do any paperwork until orders open Monday so probably doesn't help.
 
It's a real funny one with orders at the moment, I've been told through email "not to worry you have secured yourself a vehicle" after filling out all the paper work and putting down a deposit this week.

I guess we'll see next week when orders officially open...!😅
 
Think the GR86 is still just about under the radar to the general public, if you're not into GR products, the GT86 or following the info on this its unlikely you'll have a clue that order books open Monday.
I've signed up to all the notification from Toyota, local dealers etc and not had a single email in recent weeks, not even the price announcement. So on that basis, anyone getting an order in on Monday, I'd expect will get a car this year.
 
I've signed up to all the notification from Toyota, local dealers etc and not had a single email in recent weeks, not even the price announcement.
Great point! I only have everyone here to thank for the info/announcement.
 
Thanks and I agree. I'll be away Monday so was hoping to just leave instruction with someone to crack on and place an order when the books open.

I'll probably just risk the wrath of the Mrs and get on the phone to them 8am Monday! :ROFLMAO:
This is what I’ve done. Finance application paperwork etc all filled out and ready to go on Monday, dealer is going to crack on as soon as the system allows them to!
 
Think the GR86 is still just about under the radar to the general public, if you're not into GR products, the GT86 or following the info on this its unlikely you'll have a clue that order books open Monday.
I've signed up to all the notification from Toyota, local dealers etc and not had a single email in recent weeks, not even the price announcement. So on that basis, anyone getting an order in on Monday, I'd expect will get a car this year.

This even my local dealer i have bvisited twice about the GR86 has no updates or clue about anything.... I shouls be their salesman :rolleyes:
 
Don’t know about that! Rumours of only 400 coming to the UK this year and a fair few of those will end up as demonstrators. Apparently the UK cars are already in production, hence the short time frame.
 
I'm using Somerset County Cars for my order. Contacted them at the beginning of January, and have received a courtesy call every couple of weeks to give any updates and to ensure me they are ready to go. They have produced a quote for finance, and taken a deposit in anticipation of placing the order as soon as the books open! I must say I am very impressed with this dealer!

(Andy - you can mark me as order confirmed if you want! ;-)
 
I'm using Somerset County Cars for my order. Contacted them at the beginning of January, and have received a courtesy call every couple of weeks to give any updates and to ensure me they are ready to go. They have produced a quote for finance, and taken a deposit in anticipation of placing the order as soon as the books open! I must say I am very impressed with this dealer!

(Andy - you can mark me as order confirmed if you want! ;-)
Sorted 👍😎
 
New on here and still finding my way.

Placed a deposit back in January for a GR86 and now waiting for the official order. Chose the manual and grey - a toss up between that colour and the sapphire blue.
 
Nothing wrong in placing an order early

Some of us would like the car asap and hope on Monday we have confirmation

Please leave your usual nonsense on the other gr Yaris forum.

Nice bunch of people here
 
Be nice people.
There seems to be two set of people on this thread. Those who think it is prudent to order early because of limited supply (as German orders have proven) and those who don’t think this is true and think Toyota will supply unlimited numbers… As per my experience, the later seem to be very keen on shouting down the former… who knows why?
 
There seems to be two set of people on this thread. Those who think it is prudent to order early because of limited supply (as German orders have proven) and those who don’t think this is true and think Toyota will supply unlimited numbers… As per my experience, the later seem to be very keen on shouting down the former… who knows why?
Worth remembering you can click on someone's username and click on ignore. (y)

We monitor all threads and persistent disruptors will be dealt with.
 
Just remember, who knew the GRC wasn't going to Europe ?

Anything is possible,

Some people still think they can order/get a new GRY

There is talk of restricting the numbers of GRC to keep demand high

It depends how many GR86s TUK can get hold of especially considering the BRZ isn't available, looks like its not coming here either
 
As a new member to the forum I seem to have unwittingly stumbled into a debate about whether one should order early or not. That was not my intention so my apologies to anyone who may have take offence.

If of any interest, I'd decided place an order early simply as I didn't wish to miss out on the opportunity of obtaining what I viewed as potentially one of the last 'traditional' sports cars to be offered in the UK market. Coupes seem to be a dying breed, ditto NA engines (indeed, by 2030 any pure ICE). Whether the car actually gets delivered in July 2023 or later doesn't really matter (just as long as it turns up at some point;))
 
As a new member to the forum I seem to have unwittingly stumbled into a debate about whether one should order early or not. That was not my intention so my apologies to anyone who may have take offence.
Welcome to the forum.

Plenty on here did the same for the GR Yaris. Your order, your car.
 
Ok, I understand your point of view.

I think Toyota will have a well planned supply chain for the EU models, for 2022 and 2023. By the time ordering commences, these chains will already be in flight. So, as the Germans experienced, their allocation for 2022 lasted 1 month. UK allocation will go more quickly in my opinion. Those ordering later will then go onto the 2023 allocation, which also might have limited slots. I think Toyota will concentrate on supplying long term markets, and if so, the 2023 allocation will also disappear quickly.

As there is no factual data on the actual EU allocation, we can but hypothesise. But those delaying their orders are taking a bigger risk of not getting an allocation than those who order early. I am probably wrong - but the next few weeks will enlighten us all!

Good luck! 👍
 
Back
Top