GR86 The GR86 “The Orders / Owners List / GR86 Register”

Morning all.
Just called Tamworth Toyota , which is where i placed my 'pre order and happy to take my £1000' (they still are processing the refund).
Asked if they could see my order on the system.
Response - You will not be able to use us for the handover, we are not a GR centre. You will have to go to Birmingham. We cant order or sell GR product. Very interesting considering they were looking for overpriced GR Yaris for me prior to this. He did say they could service the car.
Another general let down - will have to wait to speak to Toyota direct like others.
I placed a £250 deposit in Feb. Total silence until I went in on Saturday to say I’d changed my mind. I acted dumb and said I’d heard they’d all sold out and he said ‘No, we’ve still got some. Where did you hear that?’ Seemed happy to process the refund (five working days excluding weekends) and get me out of there.
 
Morning all.
Just called Tamworth Toyota , which is where i placed my 'pre order and happy to take my £1000' (they still are processing the refund).
Asked if they could see my order on the system.
Response - You will not be able to use us for the handover, we are not a GR centre. You will have to go to Birmingham. We cant order or sell GR product. Very interesting considering they were looking for overpriced GR Yaris for me prior to this. He did say they could service the car.
Another general let down - will have to wait to speak to Toyota direct like others.
Not convinced by this. I’m collecting from a non GR centre, received my Toyota call and confirmed this and they said that was fine. Think the dealer may be in the huff!
 
Morning all.
Just called Tamworth Toyota , which is where i placed my 'pre order and happy to take my £1000' (they still are processing the refund).
Asked if they could see my order on the system.
Response - You will not be able to use us for the handover, we are not a GR centre. You will have to go to Birmingham. We cant order or sell GR product. Very interesting considering they were looking for overpriced GR Yaris for me prior to this. He did say they could service the car.
Another general let down - will have to wait to speak to Toyota direct like others.
Your dealer definitely sounds like they're in a huff. I'm ordered online to collect from Maidstone (as they often give out GR plates as standard), which is not a GR center. I called in over the weekend and they seemed really happy and actually excited to help me through anything that comes up. Unfortunately they couldn't see the order on their system yet, so I'm still sat in this order limbo along with most people.
 
It says entire UK allocation in the first paragraph. Surely they would say first allocation? I do t think Toyota have decided what they’re doing yet. The social media team told people their dealerships could order for them at the end of the day..
 
Just pointing out that there is different information from different sources or in this case from the same source, do you think the social media team know what goes on at corporate level? A lot of car websites and publications reckon they have it from the horses mouth that they’re sold out completely.

None of us will know until 2024 comes around but they’ve hinted at more GR Yaris a few times and that hasn’t happened as they can’t fulfil the current orders.
 
Hello everyone,
I been looking at this forum for few months now and would like to thank you all for providing valuable information. Thanks to good info, it help me place my GR86 order.
Initially I went to Snows Toyota in Southampton and paid my £1000 pre-order deposit.
Thanks to this forum I found out orders books will be open online only.
Unfortunately I was in London on April 20 with no access to computer and only smart phone in my hand. At 10 am I logged on to Toyota website and proceeded to place an order. To my shock I was not able to see picture of GR86 in new car selection available. Frantic multiple page refreshes did not bring up GR86. Luckily @10:02 my dealer Darren sent me a web link for the 86. So I followed the link and had my order confirmed mail @ 10:24.
Few years back, if someone told me I will be dropping over £30K on a sports car using my phone I would not believed them. I think sports car should be seen in flesh to appreciate and fall in love with.
Just waiting for Toyota call.....

Any way @AndyRC can you please put me down for Pearl White Manual.
 
Midday update, anyone had a call?

Also check your details on My Toyota, my phone number was wrong! It was an old one when I setup the account 7 years ago.
 
Received call from Toyota HQ, one of the (early bird) orders. August delivery estimate. I'm picking up from a non-GR dealership and the caller informed Toyota HQ will handle 98% of the sale including registration.
The delivery of the vehicle will be to the dealership, selected by me. All Deposit payments and finance signatures online with Toyota it seems, nothing at the dealer.
 
Nice one, still looks like they are still going through the list of rogues.
 
Received call from Toyota HQ, one of the (early bird) orders. August delivery estimate. I'm picking up from a non-GR dealership and the caller informed Toyota HQ will handle 98% of the sale including registration.
The delivery of the vehicle will be to the dealership, selected by me. All Deposit payments and finance signatures online with Toyota it seems, nothing at the dealer.
Interested if the 'early bird' (weekend before) are being told August and the early orders from the 20th (mine was 10:06 and had my call on Friday) are getting august/september guidance?

Wild speculation at best 😁
 
Regarding huffy dealers - the one I spoke to on the 19th was only too helpful that day (went to find out about demo car, took my details so they could call me when it came in) but since I've placed my order online and enquired with a coupled of questions (is the order visible? is the warranty the same as the GR Yaris?) they've fobbed me off in an unapologetic manner. Feels a bit off as it's not like it's the customer that's cut them out of the deal!

Based on the above it sounds like we're supposed to just go via Toyota UK direct for everything though so I will do just that from now on.
 
Most likely as it will be first come first serve.

Also, they are not early birds they are definitely rogues.
 
Got my call, early bird one.
August delivery.
If I were to change colour then I will go back to the end of the queue. So I think I will stay put.
On the plates I asked that they aren't screwed in but the person in the phone had to check if they had a legal requirement to do so 🤔
 
Most likely as it will be first come first serve.

Also, they are not early birds they are definitely rogues.
There are people who ordered before, but on the release day, me who have had their calls. Not quite sure what the logic is behind the order they are calling people.
 
I’m guessing I’m best speaking to the allocated dealer about 1) not washing it before collection 2) not screwing the front plate on 🤢
 
Got my call, early bird one.
August delivery.
If I were to change colour then I will go back to the end of the queue. So I think I will stay put.
On the plates I asked that they aren't screwed in but the person in the phone had to check if they had a legal requirement to do so 🤔
As long as the plates are "firmly secured" it's fine. I always use velcro - one time I was advised on an MOT that it wasn't secure enough as the velcro had perished. Always 3M HD Velcro from that point and never had an issue.
It also makes washing the car so much easier removing the plates so that dreaded "behind the number plate" drip doesn't annoy you for hours :ROFLMAO:
 
Back
Top