GR86 The GR86 “The Orders / Owners List / GR86 Register”

I’m going to call tomorrow and change my colour. If they guarantee I’ll definitely get a car I can wait to be one of the last cars, might be nice to have a late production car. The silver has just won me over, I may just have to change the wheel colour.View attachment 6769

869721BC-9C1E-4BD3-84C5-0D10242A341E.webp


12CC3740-05BC-49B2-8452-4316B8357706.webp
 
I’ve just changed it and joined the back of the queue. At least I know I have 2 years to wait and can look for a little toy to keep me entertained until then.

Still looks good with the black wheels but I think you are right about changing those and the mirror caps to be similar to the BRZ.
 
Got the call a few mins ago. 11:30ish confirmation email, I've been told delivery could be at the end of 2023 or Q1 2024.
 
I've also been tempted by the silver. I was put off as I thought it was a bit vanilla but this car does really suit it.
 
I’ve just changed it and joined the back of the queue. At least I know I have 2 years to wait and can look for a little toy to keep me entertained until then.

Still looks good with the black wheels but I think you are right about changing those and the mirror caps to be similar to the BRZ.
Well, I have an Ice Silver 6MT on order and plan to keep the Black mirror caps and wheels for a while after taking delivery before deciding whether or not to change their colour.

That said, we have just ordered a new Platinum White Pearl Gen.11 Honda Civic 2.0 e:HEV Sport to replace my wife's current 18/18 Civic 1.0 VTEC Turbo EX and the Sport trim comes with Black mirror caps and wheels as standard, so having matching mirror caps and wheels on both cars might be a factor in my final decision.

Incidentally, in case anyone is wondering, our local Honda Dealer has informed us that the new Civic should be available for delivery by the end of October and has agreed to hold the part-exchange figure for the old Civic until then. We will also be having a Test Drive in a Gen.11 Civic Demonstrator (probably in early September) - I wonder whether any of us will have had Test Drives in a GR86 by then...
 
I'd be more than happy for a 2039 delivery... Especially if I'm the only deliveree :)
 
Missed the call, had a mail telling me I’d missed a call and asking me to make a call, so made a call 😂😂

10.44 order looking towards the end of 2023!!

At least it’s an update and have a vague albeit long timeframe ahead, that’s a lot of sleeps away 😂😂
 
Missed the call, had a mail telling me I’d missed a call and asking me to make a call, so made a call 😂😂

10.44 order looking towards the end of 2023!!

At least it’s an update and have a vague albeit long timeframe ahead, that’s a lot of sleeps away 😂😂
That's interesting! I was a 10.44 order and had the call either last week or the week before and was told 'it's likely to be 2023' - they couldn't confirm when in 2023, and they did say it could be earlier or later than that.

Shall we place bets on when it'll actually be? 😂😂😂
 
That's interesting! I was a 10.44 order and had the call either last week or the week before and was told 'it's likely to be 2023' - they couldn't confirm when in 2023, and they did say it could be earlier or later than that.

Shall we place bets on when it'll actually be? 😂😂😂
Ive just put new discs and pads all round and a fresh set of PS'4's on my Mazda, along with a service!!

So Im going to take Toyota at their word!! And thats another set of PS 4's I need and 2 services!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I will bet you a deep sea diver (fiver!!) that is actually 2024!! :ROFLMAO:
 
Ive just put new discs and pads all round and a fresh set of PS'4's on my Mazda, along with a service!!

So Im going to take Toyota at their word!! And thats another set of PS 4's I need and 2 services!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I will bet you a deep sea diver (fiver!!) that is actually 2024!! :ROFLMAO:
I've done the same! And fixing the air-con leak despite putting it off for over a year 😂

Don't know whether I'd be thrilled or annoyed if I somehow got the GR86 this year 😂😂
 
I've done the same! And fixing the air-con leak despite putting it off for over a year 😂

Don't know whether I'd be thrilled or annoyed if I somehow got the GR86 this year 😂😂
To be honest....I think I might be a bit annoyed if it turned up early having spent out on the Mazda!! I dont think it would last long though!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
 
Spent almost half the vRS's value just getting it through MOT but had to be done. Debated selling it and not having something to drive for a bit but if anything happened to the bike, like a puncture which happened a few weeks ago, I'd have no backup and I couldn't even drive Dad's car because I wouldn't be insured on a car. Could add myself to his but that's more money. I only pay £190 a year currently. Even if I'm onto a loss I just want to trade it in and get in the 86.
 
Please could all the UK buyers update their status on this poll tracker: https://www.gr-zoo.com/threads/uk-gr86-order-status.1867/

You can enter your current status and then change your ‘vote’ as it reaches the next step to show the progress.

We have 92 entries so far and provides a good overview of the process. I was surprised how many cars are already at Derby or on their way!

Many thanks.
 
Just realised my MyT communications preferences were essentially 'Never contact me'
Hope thats not the reason why ive had radio silence for 11 weeks! :cautious:
 
Just realised my MyT communications preferences were essentially 'Never contact me'
Hope thats not the reason why ive had radio silence for 11 weeks! :cautious:
I'm absolutely sure they would contact you by some means, regardless of your preference settings.
I was surprised to get my call yesterday (11:33 order confirmation email) so you should be due something about now.
Although, it seems like the order time is more of rough guide than an accurate predictor.
 
Just realised my MyT communications preferences were essentially 'Never contact me'
Hope thats not the reason why ive had radio silence for 11 weeks! :cautious:
@Adam , you’re 2 Minutes after me , I got a call Tuesday so they should be in touch by September ish 😉
 
I'm at 11:13 and I've not heard anything yet! Just that my order is processed
 
Back
Top