GR Yaris The EcuTek thread

Onehp

Totally Hooked
Dec 6, 2021
Svveden
Not fussed about FFS or Anti lag at all, but I do want some protection against any valve float issues or anything like that, seeing that 330bhp seems to be the benchmark for ‘stage 1’ cars without cams etc. Once the IC is installed on mine this week, I will be looking into Ecutek, as the remote tuning is all I can hope for up here. I think 330 must surely be right at the cusp of causing issues on stock cams and springs?
I'm guessing, like most tuning, they are pushing but at least it looks like Ecutek can set a boost target limit but of course don't know exactly how these work.
Pretty sure simple remaps don't have anything like that and might be suprised by hidden boost request modifiers in the OEM ecu.

You could just ask for some more margin if you like? That's what I would do...

Last edited:
Reactions: Bronson

Duke

Totally Hooked
Dec 27, 2021
OK, seems I have decided to go for Ecutek (and am selling my DTE/DTUK box :) ) but I still seem to have a couple of options. I think.

Option 1
Local tuner who does Ecutek remap for €1,250, including dyno session.
They don't offer Phoneflash.

Option 2
Buy the ODB thingy and get Litchfield to tune it remotely for about €1,000 all in.
Assume this isn't as bespoke/good as getting the dyno mapping, but it does give me something to fiddle with on my phone

Which to go for though?

Onehp

Totally Hooked
Dec 6, 2021
Svveden
OK, seems I have decided to go for Ecutek (and am selling my DTE/DTUK box :) ) but I still seem to have a couple of options. I think.

Option 1

Option 2
Buy the ODB thingy and get Litchfield to tune it remotely for about €1,000 all in.
Assume this isn't as bespoke/good as getting the dyno mapping, but it does give me something to fiddle with on my phone

Which to go for though?
You can buy the phone thingy anyway and do logging afaik. Local is usually a good thing if the customer service is good...

Michael Knight

Totally Hooked
Dec 7, 2021
www.grcf.fi

Option 1

Option 2

Which to go for though?
yes mapping on dyno much better.

Reactions: Greenthumb

GRBadger

Absorbed member
Dec 6, 2021
Revised map sent across today which now also includes latest Toyota maps as well (presumably base file?). Default map (map 1) is now max power 99 RON as many others, including myself wanted it as the default so nice to know that Litchfield continue to support and listen to feedback. Will share my thoughts on the revised file in due course as currently full of the ‘rona and feel like I’ve been run over by Kalle Rovenperä and dont even feel like going for a quick blast around the block, but something to look forward to eh…

Reactions: Duke and Onehp

MRA3

Dedicated member
Dec 29, 2021
F
Revised map sent across today which now also includes latest Toyota maps as well (presumably base file?). Default map (map 1) is now max power 99 RON as many others, including myself wanted it as the default so nice to know that Litchfield continue to support and listen to feedback. Will share my thoughts on the revised file in due course as currently full of the ‘rona and feel like I’ve been run over by Kalle Rovenperä and dont even feel like going for a quick blast around the block, but something to look forward to eh…
Following this with some interest. Depending on the day I want/not want to remap (although very tempting) but I’d have to I’d go remote with Litchfield, I think.

Reactions: Onehp

GJR

Devoted member
Jan 9, 2024
What was your initial thoughts on the new software with your first previous file. If you strip out the launch control etc do you think it is better? More power? Different delivery? Man flu……about as bad as it gets. Good luck

GRBadger

Absorbed member
Dec 6, 2021
What was your initial thoughts on the new software with your first previous file. If you strip out the launch control etc do you think it is better? More power? Different delivery? Man flu……about as bad as it gets. Good luck
The initial file was remote flashed and I could tell it had considerably more shove than the DTUK V1 I was using before, but being an initial file it had a weird boost lag that was noticeable on the data logging occurring between WOT gear changes. Litchfield recognised this and said they had also found something similar on theirs and have since altered their base map along with making a couple of other tweaks for my bespoke map presumably to take into account my hardware (Legamax and Eventuri) but alas I can’t test out the changes for a few days. I have confidence though that it’ll deliver and definitely like the idea of a proper ECU tune over a piggyback.

Reactions: Duke

GJR

Devoted member
Jan 9, 2024
The initial file was remote flashed and I could tell it had considerably more shove than the DTUK V1 I was using before, but being an initial file it had a weird boost lag that was noticeable on the data logging occurring between WOT gear changes. Litchfield recognised this and said they had also found something similar on theirs and have since altered their base map along with making a couple of other tweaks for my bespoke map presumably to take into account my hardware (Legamax and Eventuri) but alas I can’t test out the changes for a few days. I have confidence though that it’ll deliver and definitely like the idea of a proper ECU tune over a piggyback.
Ok so you had the box before. I have the ecutek remap but it was done in January on the dyno. It does not have the selectable maps etc but I wonder how different it is from the new software

GRBadger

Absorbed member
Dec 6, 2021
Ok so you had the box before. I have the ecutek remap but it was done in January on the dyno. It does not have the selectable maps etc but I wonder how different it is from the new software
Ah yeah sorry for any confusion. I’m sure someone else will be along to answer your question. My only point of reference was the DTUK box which obviously the EcuTek RaceROM is going to much more sophisticated than.

GJR

Devoted member
Jan 9, 2024
Ah yeah sorry for any confusion. I’m sure someone else will be along to answer your question. My only point of reference was the DTUK box which obviously the EcuTek RaceROM is going to much more sophisticated than.
No worries. Hope you are on the mend. Warren-RS3 went from the Litchfield remap to the new version and reports it’s worth it. Improvements across the rpm range rather than being bias to the higher rpm range.

Reactions: GRBadger