Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Righty ho, lads and lasses... that's both Parts One (#117) and Two (#118) up for you all, in case you're having a sleepless night.
Sorry they go on a bit, but I hope they're useful and let me know if I can answer any other questions.
On the plus side, by the time you've finished reading them both, your GR86 will be ready for collection!
Great write up thanks!
That's for the great write up and extra time taken to look at the rear seat space! ...I hadn't even considered mpg being an issue, I'll make a note of that on my test drive as well.Righty ho, lads and lasses... that's both Parts One (#117) and Two (#118) up for you all, in case you're having a sleepless night.
Sorry they go on a bit, but I hope they're useful and let me know if I can answer any other questions.
On the plus side, by the time you've finished reading them both, your GR86 will be ready for collection!
Thanks @drz252 my only hope is that i plan to have 2 kids on the passenger side, fingers still crossed![]()
Great write up @drz252, my car hasn't even gone into build yet, but I'm going to hassle my dealer for a test drive all the same.Righty ho, lads and lasses... that's both Parts One (#117) and Two (#118) up for you all, in case you're having a sleepless night.
Sorry they go on a bit, but I hope they're useful and let me know if I can answer any other questions.
On the plus side, by the time you've finished reading them both, your GR86 will be ready for collection!
Not needing child seats anymore was one of the reasons i went back to a coupe, all it needs is to be comfortable enough for 2 junior school pickups a week, the family bus can deal with the restThat's for the great write up and extra time taken to look at the rear seat space! ...I hadn't even considered mpg being an issue, I'll make a note of that on my test drive as well.
If your kid in the front seat needs a child's seat then you might want to look at the manual pretty carefully. This is the car's downfall for my use and might mean it ends up being a toy for just me as @drz252 says ...I'll tell the Mrs that at least it's safer than a motorbike, right?!
Much appreciated @drz252 , and thank you for taking what must have been a significant amount of time to share your comprehensive findings in such a well-constructed way."... and man will live forevermore, because of Christmas Day"
I did not expect this to be the soundtrack to my first drive in a GR86 when I ordered the car in April. But this is what came on when the radio woke up as I was pulling out from the dealership forecourt this morning, and I suppose I will now always associate the song with this day.
For the benefit of our esteemed colleague Mr. Absent Fox (@Fox on sabbatical), please enjoy some pictures of the silver car with a manual transmission:
View attachment 9730
Internal photos are handy to see too and whilst a bit gutted about what you say about the rear seats, I'm still in denial and will have to see for myself when I test drive (must try to organise in the next week or two). We have 4 kids and whilst my own car generally only sees me, or 1 or 2 people in it, I was hoping that simple school pickups or running teenagers a couple of miles into town would be doable. Now I'm not so sure. We will see.
Yes, I think if I can do that it will do for me too.I'm in a similar situation, I need to be able to fit a couple of teenagers in the car on occasion. As long as I can squeeze them in one behind the other on the passenger side that will suffice.