Forum Event Sports Cars in the Park Castle Howard 4/9/22

Totally Hooked
Vendor
Dec 2, 2021
Depends where you’re coming from. West of York centre, I’d say Maccies at Bilbrough on the A64 would be a decent place.
I’m happy to meet up with anyone who can make it to the Motorist, or Skelton Lake services on the M1.
Open to suggestions

cuddles

Obsessed member
Feb 6, 2022
Coming from Bradford so will skirt North of Leeds and pick up the A64 at Whinmoor.
Yes, please take care on the A64 so Waze needs to be on. Going to the East coast on that road for me is a favourite and Waze is essential.

Totally Hooked
Vendor
Dec 2, 2021
Coming from Bradford so will skirt North of Leeds and pick up the A64 at Whinmoor.
Yes, please take care on the A64 so Waze needs to be on. Going to the East coast on that road for me is a favourite and Waze is essential.
I only ever use it if I need to for business purposes (we have a couple of regular customers around York / Elvington), but then I'll be in the van with the cruise set to 62. In any decent car there are far more interesting routes from M62 J32/33/34, quieter and ultimately just as fast and way more fun.

The only speeding ticket I've had in the last 35 years was for doing an eye watering 72mph on the A64 in a Transit Custom (Legal limit is 60, I knew this, but never expected the van to be ANPR equipped, I just assumed it only triggered at an amount above 70!) :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

foxspeed

Zookeeper
Dec 1, 2021
sat behind a laptop moderating
I only ever use it if I need to for business purposes (we have a couple of regular customers around York / Elvington), but then I'll be in the van with the cruise set to 62. In any decent car there are far more interesting routes from M62 J32/33/34, quieter and ultimately just as fast and way more fun.

The only speeding ticket I've had in the last 35 years was for doing an eye watering 72mph on the A64 in a Transit Custom (Legal limit is 60, I knew this, but never expected the van to be ANPR equipped, I just assumed it only triggered at an amount above 70!) :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

yep if i use it i never get the foot down...far better roads once you get off it :D

GR-Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Vendor
Nov 22, 2021
6 GR Yaris on the list so far, another 4 cars and we'll have our own section. (y)

Sly

Devoted member
Jun 23, 2022
I'll be there (with no GR) but with my DSLR. If I get any cool shots of any GR products, I'll post them here (in a smaller res) and if you like the one with your car, happy to send them on (free of charge) in large format :)

cuddles

Obsessed member
Feb 6, 2022
How many more do we need. If we are one or two short to get our own spot I will give someone a few bob when we get there to help pay for that extra ticket.

GR-Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Vendor
Nov 22, 2021
Just a reminder we need more cars to attend this event. 🙏

If you have a GR car and can attend on 4th September then please book here and select GR Zoo as your club.

The more cars the better. :cool:

MrJ

Zookeeper
Staff member
Dec 6, 2021
How many have we got so far? Still short of cars to have our own section?

If anyone’s on the fence, if it’s anything like the Newby Hall one earlier in the year, it’s well worth going. Some amazing cars and stands there.

cuddles

Obsessed member
Feb 6, 2022
If we don't get the 10? can we still all park together. No banners allowed so if we can be together that still sounds like our own area. We may need to meet together and drive in as a group. I don't know how it works if there are only a hand full of us.