GR Yaris Ships in Transit

Just a theory, but it is a Toyota ship, and maybe they are stacked up with cars at Portbury, and diverted it to Southampton.
 
Just a theory, but it is a Toyota ship, and maybe they are stacked up with cars at Portbury, and diverted it to Southampton.
It's got Toyotas onboard - but it's not a Toyota ship - it's managed by EXCEL MARINE CO., LTD and owned by HAKUYO SHIPPING CO., LTD. The shipping agent was noted as PS. It could be that Bristol is full I suppose but they can accommodate about 77,000 cars - perhaps another Covid impact - but who knows it's just speculation.

It's not the first boat we have seen divert on route - one went into the Philippines unexpectedly, but they normally all end up at Bristol.

What I'm interested to hear is if you get Mt T app updates showing the car has been taken off the ship when it gets to Southampton, and then where the boat goes next. Zeebrugge should be the next destination.
 
Cepheus Leader is now showing on the Southampton Arrivals.

Interestingly Galveston Highway the next boat is also showing as a Southampton arrival but is still on the Portbury arrivals list as well. Time will tell I suppose.
 
Brasso,

Is there any chance of by the VIN know what ship the car may came?

Thanks in advance :)

Regards,
 
Brasso,

Is there any chance of by the VIN know what ship the car may came?

Thanks in advance :)

Regards,
No idea based on Vin. The data has been built up based on left the factory notifications from the My T app. Do you know when your car left the factory?
 
No idea based on Vin. The data has been built up based on left the factory notifications from the My T app. Do you know when your car left the factory?
No. Here in Portugal the my T app doesn´t give that type of info :(

Thanks a lot anyway, really :)
 
Cepheus Leader hanging about in the solent - due in to Southampton later this evening. Galveston Highway heading past Gibraltar - waiting to see if Bristol really is the next stop. Porgy now into the Med having transited Suez earlier today and Heritage Leader still crossing the Arabian Sea.

1641400733545.webp
 
It's got Toyotas onboard - but it's not a Toyota ship - it's managed by EXCEL MARINE CO., LTD and owned by HAKUYO SHIPPING CO., LTD. The shipping agent was noted as PS. It could be that Bristol is full I suppose but they can accommodate about 77,000 cars - perhaps another Covid impact - but who knows it's just speculation.

It's not the first boat we have seen divert on route - one went into the Philippines unexpectedly, but they normally all end up at Bristol.

What I'm interested to hear is if you get Mt T app updates showing the car has been taken off the ship when it gets to Southampton, and then where the boat goes next. Zeebrugge should be the next destination.
I will let you know if my app updates. It would make little sense if it was to now go back to Bristol. I also see it is stuck near the Southampton port for several hours (facing the wrong way) according to the map.
 
A clearly unannounced arrival and no booked slot at Southampton, has left the Cepheus Leader in a holding pattern since yesterday afternoon.


Untitled.png
 
Galveston Highway also appears to have paused, not passing straight onto the South Atlantic Shelf as normal.

I suspect this is weather-related as the wind sea state is quite poor leaving the Med and particularly in the Bristol Channel at present, which I wonder if that accounts for Cepheus docking elsewhere.

1641457869699.webp
 
Your theory sounds right, Galveston Highway has been in a holding pattern all day, and I see now also re-routed to Southampton.
Cepheus Leader is finally about to dock in Southampton in the next hour or two.
 
All very odd, the following two vessels are still due into Portbury but time will tell if this is a longer-term change.

Your theory sounds right, Galveston Highway has been in a holding pattern all day, and I see now also re-routed to Southampton.
Cepheus Leader is finally about to dock in Southampton in the next hour or two.

Let us know if/ when you get a my T update.
 
Well Cepheus Leader is due to setoff to Zeebrugge next as it would have done had it gone to Protbury so fingers crossed it's dropped its GR's off at Southampton

CEPHEUS LEADER9308883Ro/Ro/C.C. (URC)JPN07-Jan-2022 16:00Nab104ZeebruggeS8.76199.9421402PREMIERSHIP LIMITED
 
  • Like
Reactions: MKJ
I'm sure it must have been dropped off at Southampton. I would guess, if at all, I will not get an app update until Monday now.
 
I think mine is on Heritage Leader which is nearly at Suez. Any shipmates watching too?
 
I think mine should also be on Heritage Leader... according to my dealership the car is already on the way and on my contract it said last week of February. So Heritage Leader seems to be the most logical for me. The car is heading to Germany and if my info is correct they get loaded off in Zeebrugge, Belgium.

Any idea how long it normally takes for the cars to show up at the dealership once they arrive at the correct port?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top