GR86 Recall

craft43

Absorbed member
Joined
Apr 26, 2022
Messages
43
Reaction score
99
Location
Kent
Just received a letter today saying that the GR86 is required for a recall. It is related to the DCM (Data Communication Module) possibly not being activated properly and does not comply with EU Regulation 2015/758

Has anyone else received this recall letter?
 
I did. The service people say they are not ready to fix this issue. They talked about master mechanic visit etc and they will give me a call in couple weeks to confirm when I can be booked in. Seems to be fix while you wait sort of 1h job. They will also do the settings for passenger door unlocking by default.
 
Yeah got it no rush for me probably wouldn't remember the button was there anyway in a nasty crash 😵‍💫
 
Had my letter today too.

For those who've had the recall done, how long are we talking?

Quick in and out job?
Time sufficient for a cappuccino and a use of the toileting facilities?
Car left at the workshop, facilitating half a day out in a three-litre manual Supra?
 
Had my letter today too.

For those who've had the recall done, how long are we talking?

Quick in and out job?
Time sufficient for a cappuccino and a use of the toileting facilities?
Car left at the workshop, facilitating half a day out in a three-litre manual Supra?
I was there for about an hour, but most of that was them working out how to activate the remote action for the windows. It’s a fairly quick while you wait job.
 
Not had a letter yet but spoke to dealer today and they have it noted as outstanding recall but can’t fit me in until mid Feb. They are
Going to do windows and doors at the same time.

I was told to expect half a day
 
Any Bracknell owners got it sorted yet? Don't really fancy being the guinea pig this time round 🤦‍♂️
 
Got my recall done when sensors were in. All Sorted.
Do you mind if I ask which dealer you had it done at? Just notice you are north east based like myself and I rang the dealer i collected the car from in Durham and they claimed they don't know how to do it
 
It seems they need the master technician visit. Reading garage told me this. They said he comes in couple of weeks time etc. so may be that is what it is
 
Do you mind if I ask which dealer you had it done at? Just notice you are north east based like myself and I rang the dealer i collected the car from in Durham and they claimed they don't know how to do it
Try the GR centre on Teesside or the one in Gateshead
 
It seems they need the master technician visit. Reading garage told me this. They said he comes in couple of weeks time etc. so may be that is what it is
Did you deal with Paul in sales to sort that or directly with the service guys?
 
I called the service guys
It took a while for them to figure out what I was taking about.
 
Not true, I had mine done 2 weeks ago in Reading
Unless the master tech was in 2 weeks ago? Though I really don’t understand why it would need a master tech, presumably they just plug a laptop in the OBD port and enable the DCM module.
 
Back
Top