GR Yaris Opf delete/exhaust problem!

Philevo6

Totally Hooked
Trader
Joined
Dec 6, 2021
Messages
433
Reaction score
894
Can anyone help.

Friends car is fitted with a hks spec L 2 exhaust... And recently bought a whifbitz titanium opf delete pipe... All Fitted...

The opf delete came with a fibre gasket and the pipe itself has a flat flange join..... The hks exhaust..(AND a standard exhaust) has a groove where a crushable oem toyota metal gasket sits.

The fibre gasket was Blowing like Hell... So I've got a oem new crushable gasket.

What gasket it supposed to be there??.. As I think both will blow. The oem opf has a recess in where the Toyota gasket sits... The whitbitz one hasn't!??!

Pics...

Whifbits opf flange...

20250711_175633.webp

Hks exhaust flange...

20250711_183358.webp

A standard opf pipe flange...

Screenshot_20250711_220158_Signal.webp

Gaskets... Fibre one on right.. (blowing like hell).... Oem toyota one on left.

20250711_174621.webp


Anyone please help?? ! 👍👍
 
Last edited:
Well if one flange has a groove in it then you would use the OEM ring gasket. It both flanges are flat then a flange type gasket.
Are the steel flanges on both pipes flat? I have seen them warp and once warped they will never seal properly.
I am using a flange type gaskets between the down pipe and first pipe, the rear box and first pipe with no leakage issues.
My exhaust. Catless down pipe, high flow CAT where you guys have the GPF and rear HKS Legamax.
 
Hi... No the opf delete pipe is a flat flange... The hks exhaust (and a standard exhaust) has the groove.
 
Just fitted a brand new toyota crushable gasket... Mega Tightened.... Blowing alot! 😥

One side is a straight flat flange... Other side has a recess... Hence they don't marry up! 👎

Might have to try a fibre flat gasket with some black exhaust rubber sealer.
 
Well... Sorted. Collins performance came up trumps. I rang them for Some advice and they said they have a metal shim that fills the recess... Then just use a normal gasket. Perfect.

So much for another tuner saying... "Well just put a gasket on it" 🙄

Sorted.

20250714_144338.webp
20250714_144416.webp
 
That’s a nice product. I’ll be ordering tomorrow too
 
any fitting issues with scorpion opf delete pipe? just got one as time attack event is closing and need those extra bits of power :D
 
Seems a bit crap if the Whifbitz part comes with a flange that is incompatible with the standard exhaust…

Glad you got it sorted though!
 
Well... Sorted. Collins performance came up trumps. I rang them for Some advice and they said they have a metal shim that fills the recess... Then just use a normal gasket. Perfect.

So much for another tuner saying... "Well just put a gasket on it" 🙄

Sorted.

View attachment 36780
View attachment 36779
thanks for sharing. 2 years ago I was struggling with same issue and ended up in returning the opf delete to the vendor as I could not make the connection seal properly :-/
 
Well... Sorted. Collins performance came up trumps. I rang them for Some advice and they said they have a metal shim that fills the recess... Then just use a normal gasket. Perfect.

So much for another tuner saying... "Well just put a gasket on it" 🙄

Sorted.

View attachment 36780
View attachment 36779
any chance to tell us the main dimensions of those shims? Inner/outer Ø and thickness?
Tried to reach CP (contact form on their homepage) but no luck... Cheers :-)
 
Back
Top