GR86 More cars on the way..

Strangely I'm on the waiting list but haven't had an email from Toyota either way.... but after experiencing the original wait / lack of comms etc, I'm not exactly surprised! 😄
 
Quoted from this thread on PH, quite interesting as there are possibly not any (or many!) extra cars after all, guess we’ll know one day via howmanyleft or suchlike!


“
As someone who’s still waiting for my order from April 2022 to be delivered I rang a friend at Toyota today to ask what the game is.

Basically (and paraphrasing slightly) the ‘new batch’ are cancelled existing orders which is why Toyota are only offering certain colours and have this ‘if we invite you’ thing going on.

It’s become hugely obvious that’s what’s happened when you see people on the new batch already being notified their car is built and on it’s way !!

Fair to say there’s probably going to be very few more than the original quoted quantity of 420-470 ish…I shall now go back to waiting for mine !
“
 
That's interesting, so will the second batch owners only be able to choose certain colours before they are gone, so if 4 people ordered the white car, some people may be asked to choose a different colour if the allocation of pre-built white cars are gone?
 
Basically (and paraphrasing slightly) the ‘new batch’ are cancelled existing orders which is why Toyota are only offering certain colours and have this ‘if we invite you’ thing going on.

It’s become hugely obvious that’s what’s happened when you see people on the new batch already being notified their car is built and on its way !!

I have to say I did have my suspicions the new batch may not be a new batch as such. As you say the turnaround from accepting to car being on the way being the most glaring clue!

Given many of us were waiting over a year for arrival it would suggest any that weren’t already allocated to TUK in the queue for production would be unlikely to land on our shores and be registered before the GR86 killing legislation comes in to force.
 
That's interesting, so will the second batch owners only be able to choose certain colours before they are gone, so if 4 people ordered the white car, some people may be asked to choose a different colour if the allocation of pre-built white cars are gone?
Exactly, however I haven’t read about that happening to anyone. Very strange.
 
Cancelled orders doesn't have the same ring to it as an additional allocation due to unprecedented demand tbf :ROFLMAO:
Imagine a world where large corporations had to communicate with total honesty...

"We've got about 11 extra cars which we can offer to people who only just missed out last time. Eight of these should have gone to owners who got so fed up with us f**king about, we exhausted their non-continual patience so they all went off and bought two -ton BMW 2 series coupés instead. Three of them were because the prospective owners didn't like the quality of the plastic on the sun visors during their test drives, which is quite understandable as it's the cheapest material known to man".

Or something
 
For what it's worth, the TBO rep I've been speaking to told me that the car I've been allocated at least, isn't a cancelled order, it's been built to UK spec and wil be leaving the factory in the coming days (slightly at odds with My T which says it's already left).

Perhaps they are fresh cars - might explain why they're not 'running out' of colours. No idea why electric blue isn't available anymore though...
 
For what it's worth, the TBO rep I've been speaking to told me that the car I've been allocated at least, isn't a cancelled order, it's been built to UK spec and wil be leaving the factory in the coming days (slightly at odds with My T which says it's already left).

Perhaps they are fresh cars - might explain why they're not 'running out' of colours. No idea why electric blue isn't available anymore though...
Electric blue hasn’t been available for a while not sure why. I remember reading something about people getting calls and told to pick another colour as it was no longer available in other European countries.
 
Maybe British Gas have expanded their fleet and used up all the blue paint.

;)


I am of course only joshing and would have picked Blue myself.
Same mate - what colour did you pick instead?
 
I originally opted for black then changed to silver. Black cars look amazing but get dirty so quickly. The silver looks amazing in the flesh, pictures don’t do it justice and I can go months without cleaning it.
 
That is exactly what I did. I regularly saw a GT86 in black which I thought looked great so placed my reservation fee on black car. Then I remembered the two black cars I have owned and the downsides so changed to sliver when confirming my order.
 
Imagine a world where large corporations had to communicate with total honesty...

"We've got about 11 extra cars which we can offer to people who only just missed out last time. Eight of these should have gone to owners who got so fed up with us f**king about, we exhausted their non-continual patience so they all went off and bought two -ton BMW 2 series coupés instead. Three of them were because the prospective owners didn't like the quality of the plastic on the sun visors during their test drives, which is quite understandable as it's the cheapest material known to man".

Or something
You're right sunvisors are poor so are the door pulls(wonder if GT86 ones fit) and the seat back adjusters, my '95 MR2 are much better quality.

Anyone else on initial drive think the Mode button next to the heating was THE Mode button only to discover it was for the air direction :D. I asked the sales guy and he initially thought that was it as well.
 
I originally opted for black then changed to silver. Black cars look amazing but get dirty so quickly. The silver looks amazing in the flesh, pictures don’t do it justice and I can go months without cleaning it.
Silver does show dust unfortunately.

IMG_8640.webp
 
Back
Top