GR Yaris Mods to stock exhaust?

arnies_gr

New member
Joined
Dec 19, 2021
Messages
13
Reaction score
15
Has anyone modded the stock exhaust?

About to receive a 2nd complete exhaust, wondering if anyone has done any particular mod. I'm thinking to straight pipe 2nd CAT/OPF, resonator replaced with smaller and open rear muffler see what can be done to straighten gas exit.
 
I ran the standard exhaust with GPF delete and the difference was not a great deal.
My thoughts would be run a GPF delete, but also cut out the middle resonator.. that could make some difference.
 
I heard by someone that removing the resonator gives it a raspier sound. Ill give it a go in a few weeks when I'm free.
 
When I look at the dynos, theres not much to gain with modding the exhaust...stock seems quite optimal without any other bigger mods.

Except cat of course
 
Yep I agree mentioned on the aus pages somewhere tuned qith motec and gets very good numbers just a downpipe change. I just want a slightly angrier sound which can be done for a few hundred bucks instead of a few thousand. Not interested in weight saving to much do ok on track at full weight.
 
Yep I agree mentioned on the aus pages somewhere tuned qith motec and gets very good numbers just a downpipe change. I just want a slightly angrier sound which can be done for a few hundred bucks instead of a few thousand. Not interested in weight saving to much do ok on track at full weight.
Interested in how you get on with this and the sound difference. A fairly local custom exhaust builder suggested this option as an easy way to increase the exhaust note without going mad and quoted a price of £75.
 
Interesting to know what was done. I just picked up my 2nd stock exhaust. I might cut it up in the next few days and see how it looks inside the rear box. Have order 2.5" in 4" out stainless tips which will come next week.
 
Interesting to know what was done. I just picked up my 2nd stock exhaust. I might cut it up in the next few days and see how it looks inside the rear box. Have order 2.5" in 4" out stainless tips which will come next week.
let us know how you get on. stock exhaust systems seem pricey at the moment once PCW exhaust have done their mod with a second stock exhaust your almost upto after market exhaust money
 
I'm in Australia and was lucky I got a complete exhaust for 150 another 150 for tips and labour free. Damn just did conversion that's 160pound sounds cheap that way
 
20220224_115849.webp20220224_115916.webp20220224_120856.webp20220224_120859.webp20220224_121321.webp20220224_121346.webp20220224_121518.webp20220224_121509.webp
20220224_113210.webp20220224_113236.webp
 
Was pretty eager to see what's happening inside.
Easiest way to punch through the CATs is with a vacuum pipe and hammer. Ill leave my 1st cat in for a while then change it over later to compare.
Surprised to see no packing inside the rear box.
 
I'd you wanna do the quick backyard hack way.
Hole saw a 41mm timber 30-40mm thick and chamfer one side slowly to fit into the 39-40mm, keep trying and tap it in till its firm.

Then get your 65mm hole saw for my 63mm (2.5") pipe and slowly drill through.

Next thing to do is drill out remaining 8 spot welds on bottom half then divider and pipe will come out.

20220224_134254.webp


20220224_134303.webp


20220224_134739.webp
 
Yes i did
How did you go about doing this? I had a quick look under my car and it seems as if the area where I can just cut it and bolt on another tip is very limited.

Do you maybe auch some pictures of yours where you can see how the new tips have been attached?
 
Back
Top