GR Supra Luke's Supra 2.0 (Ice Grey Metallic) @8SpeedSupra

LU71KEE

Totally Hooked
Joined
Feb 23, 2022
Messages
461
Reaction score
1,027
Location
Portsmouth, Hampshire
Hi all!
I'm partially migrating over to this side of the forum after getting bored of waiting for my GR86 and purchasing a 2.0 Supra in Ice Grey Metallic.

Loving it so far! Apart from all this 'running in' business. I've managed to rack up 300 miles in 4 days mind so if I keep this up she'll be run in before long :ROFLMAO:

Currently posting photos on Insta as @8SpeedSupra, thanks to forum members who've followed, much appreciated :cool:

Quick question for those of you that have racked up a few extra miles... Did you opt for an Oil and filter change after the 1200 mile run in? Leaving it for 20k miles before a service just doesn't sit right with me, but then I've never owned a car with a BMW engine?

Also, has anyone seen any after market offerings for a 2.0litre cat back? I've only seen ones for the 3.0.

Luke.

B7E5E475-0328-4E6B-A801-0A852CFAFEF9.webp
31F68ED2-4703-46C9-AD06-0466B273D4E3.webp
383A61AA-9CA6-4AB4-869F-0A8BCE672A0B.webp
1C5EE11F-4387-4236-A8E3-9C09B40BE8A0.webp
D95499F5-CFF4-4960-BE63-A6B1852CAFFA.webp
8D52D359-5C97-4DEE-8A05-DE2984BA40A5.webp
 
It does look really nice. Pic 4 = yum.

Sorry @LU71KEE I cannot answer any of your questions I just popped in to drool. I'll head back to the '86 section where I belong!
 
Welcome to the party!

For servicing, I have mine done annually. Although I know that modern oils are fine for longer, and how modern materials and tribology go… a year is just good peace of mind for me.

I didn’t service at 1,200 miles - seems to be more of a thing for M BMWs with ‘S’ engines.
 
Welcome to the party!

For servicing, I have mine done annually. Although I know that modern oils are fine for longer, and how modern materials and tribology go… a year is just good peace of mind for me.

I didn’t service at 1,200 miles - seems to be more of a thing for M BMWs with ‘S’ engines.
Thanks!

Ok, thats good to know.

Loving the stripes on your Supra BTW
 
Look forward to seeing it! Your updates aren't helping my will to hold on for the 86 i must admit!
Haha! Sorry bud!
2 weeks today she goes in, I really wanted the whole car wrapped a really bright green but its out of reach this year... maybe in future :cool:
Im hoping the little touches of gloss black should make her slightly more aggressive.
You can buy the kits to wrap those parts yourself pre kit, but by the time I had it sent over from the states might as well jsut get it done properly!
 
Just booked in with Monster Wraps in Southampton to have Limo tint put on the rear window, some 'shoulder' stripes and to have the door panel wrapped in gloss black just to mod the look slightly :cool:
Sounds like it’ll look great!
 
As regards cat back I wonder if the back box mod would work on the 2 ltr. Hmm
 
Looking great. What’s planned for it next if anything?
Alloys next, hopefully not too far into the new year.

Nothing really expensive. Just looking for something aesthetically pleasing.

I’ve seen a couple of sets of Japan Racing alloys I like. Trying to decide between Bronze and White.

Quite happy with the 18s though so will probably stick to that size.

I’d like the exhaust changed. Cat back. And have been looking at the Whif Bitz exhaust.

Eventually I’d like her wrapped in either Acid Green or Wasabi green. It’s just finding the cash.

I think that would be as far as I’d go for now though. Not interested in a re-map or anything like that. She’s plenty powerful enough for my driving ability.

Oh. Maybe that legal tint that has like a mirror coloured effect for the front windscreen and door windows.
 
Nice one, Nathan at Autoid can get some nice supra figment 18s at a decent price. 2Forge ones, worth a look too.
Intake in the b48 is a joy too btw alll the right noises if you’re into that. Bet you could get back box mod and intake for the car back price. Sound sweet
 
Lovely car. If I had to replace my GRY one exactly like yours would be my first choice. Love the colour. Shame it is so low to get in and out of without banging my head. I also would go for the 2L.
 
Back
Top