GR Yaris Light 9x18 rims suggestion

Tralien

Dedicated member
Joined
Jan 29, 2022
Messages
194
Reaction score
107
I would prefer the WedsSports as they are very light and come in 9x18 ET45, but I still dont know if they are street legal in Germany and 3000€ is lots of money.

OZ offers the Ultraleggera in 9x18ET35, but around 2 kg heavier per wheel....cheaper...but ET35
Im not that happy with the low ET OZ offers ...the 8,5x18 Alleggerita e.g comes with ET30. Dont know whats up with OZ.

Are there any other rims that fit the Yaris? Team Dynamicss 9x18 rims has 5x120 e.g. so wont fit the Yaris :(
And I didnt find more options....mostly when you search for wheels and car it only shows wheels that have papers for this car
 
I would prefer the WedsSports as they are very light and come in 9x18 ET45, but I still dont know if they are street legal in Germany and 3000€ is lots of money.

OZ offers the Ultraleggera in 9x18ET35, but around 2 kg heavier per wheel....cheaper...but ET35
Im not that happy with the low ET OZ offers ...the 8,5x18 Alleggerita e.g comes with ET30. Dont know whats up with OZ.

Are there any other rims that fit the Yaris? Team Dynamicss 9x18 rims has 5x120 e.g. so wont fit the Yaris :(
And I didnt find more options....mostly when you search for wheels and car it only shows wheels that have papers for this car
What about Japan Racing SL01?
 
He needs wheels with TüV approval...

Any reason it must be 9" wide @Tralien?
Otherwise logical tyre widths are
235 => 8,5"
255 => 9,5"

Skipping 245 width as that's either too large circumference (/40) or smaller circumference (/35) (looks a bit small)
 
He needs wheels with TüV approval...

Any reason it must be 9" wide @Tralien?
Otherwise logical tyre widths are
235 => 8,5"
255 => 9,5"

Skipping 245 width as that's either too large circumference (/40) or smaller circumference (/35) (looks a bit small)

255 best suits a 9j in my experience. Especially road tyres.

I have ordered some ultra lite ul37. 9j et 35. 9.5kg apparently and dirt cheap
 
Deano would these need spigot rings or will they be a direct fit , also will they be a 255 AR1 fit. ultra lite ul37. 9j et 35. 9.5kg
 
Pro race is an alternative I already found. But beeing 2 kg heavier as the weds its the same level as the oz ultraleggera. Prorace and ultrealaggera come in et35. I read the documents for the oz, if you wanna fit 255 tyres you have to do lots of adjustments, so an et45 I would prefer.
But Im struggeling with the weight.
 
I would prefer the WedsSports as they are very light and come in 9x18 ET45, but I still dont know if they are street legal in Germany and 3000€ is lots of money.

OZ offers the Ultraleggera in 9x18ET35, but around 2 kg heavier per wheel....cheaper...but ET35
Im not that happy with the low ET OZ offers ...the 8,5x18 Alleggerita e.g comes with ET30. Dont know whats up with OZ.

Are there any other rims that fit the Yaris? Team Dynamicss 9x18 rims has 5x120 e.g. so wont fit the Yaris :(
And I didnt find more options....mostly when you search for wheels and car it only shows wheels that have papers for this car
Perfect weight/money/setup compromise:
Weds SA99-R in 9,5x18“ ET38/45.

Only 8,8kg, which makes them 800g heavier than the TC-105x and only 500g heavier than the 8.0x18“ OEM wheels.
But cost much less than the TC-105x.
 
Enkei RPF1s are a good bet, they are 9.5j, you will struggle to find anything lighter for the money.

You limit your options looking for a 9j width, not that common in the aftermarket wheel world, especially Japanese fitment, most are 8.5 or 9.5j.
 
Perfect weight/money/setup compromise:
Weds SA99-R in 9,5x18“ ET38/45.

Only 8,8kg, which makes them 800g heavier than the TC-105x and only 500g heavier than the 8.0x18“ OEM wheels.
But cost much less than the TC-105x.
And counter it with lightweight brake discs an option.
 
Protracks are good, with a reasonable weight and good pricing. Oh, an TÜV approved, if that's needed.
 
I've noticed a number of owners with new rims getting new tyres to go with it. Any suggestions for rims where you can re-use existing the OEM Michelin's?
 
I've noticed a number of owners with new rims getting new tyres to go with it. Any suggestions for rims where you can re-use existing the OEM Michelin's?
Errmm, won't anything 8" wide and 18" rim take the original tyres?! Or 8.5" at a stretch, ho ho.

I wouldn't recommend putting 225 on a 8.5 though, think I kerbed one of my SL01s due to this :( I now have 245s and the tyre nicely protrudes from the rim a bit.
 
Back
Top